Old 14 Feb 18, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
No Disney?! A winter getaway to Washington DC and Delaware! Day 9

18th Dec into 19th

This morning we woke up a little earlier and said goodbye to Jen before she headed off to work. We packed our things and chatted with Tom for a little while before leaving at about 1000.

We again stopped at the Earl of Sandwich at Chesapeake House services and I got a coffee from Peets.

We had decided to head back to Tyson's Corner for a bit more shopping and after a fairly quiet drive we arrived around 1300.

We did a little bit of shopping and browsing and found me a new coat and a few bits for Rob.

We also headed to a nearby Best Buy to see if they had any of the Airpods in stock but apparently not.

After our shopping exploits we went to the Air and Space Museum near Dulles at 1530, there were only a couple of hours until they closed but that was plenty of time for us to take a look and another stack of photos!

We ended up leaving the museum and heading to the airport ridiculously early but we didn't have time to go anywhere else.

We dropped hire car and shuttled across to the terminal. Bag drop was quick and we went through security which as usual was a bit awkward - the queues were long and all of the trays were going through before the people - which always bothers me about airport security!

We did manage to get reunited with our things in the end

We took the shuttle to the gates and were a bit confused as it said there was no duty free in our section - but actually the areas were all connected - very odd map!

We decided to have dinner at The Kitchen by Wolfgang Puck, we had ages so that took up some of our time. Next, we went to look around the few shops and then found a seat with access to power sockets to charge up our phones.

Our flight left on time and we both slept for most of the flight, no idea what the food options were as we were already asleep! I did get a drink after a few hours but otherwise we had a pretty quiet journey.

The breakfast offering though has got even worse - soreen bars and multigrain bars….I thought the previous version of a cream cheese bagel was bad enough!

We arrived on time at T5 and whizzed through passport control (the e-gates worked first time for me which is amazing!).

Unfortunately the bags took forever I think we waited over 30 minutes and only a handful of bags came out When we eventually got our Rob's parents were waiting for us and the short stay parking cost £7!

The drive home was traffic free and we were soon back at the house with the dog collected from the kennels

(14964 steps, 6.32 miles)

Edited at 08:18 PM.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
FloRidaLvr
VIP Dibber

All read , thanks for taking the time to do such a detailed trip report ... all very informative with some great pics ... sounds like you had a busy but enjoyable time!
Florida 95 to 2006, Mexico/Belize 2007, Florida 08 to 2012, California Apr 13, Detroit/Florida April 14 , Naples Nov 14, AMI May 15 , Naples Nov 15, West Coast May 16, AMI Nov 16, Naples Nov 17 , AMI May 18, Naples Nov 18, AMI May 19 , Naples Nov 19, AMI May 22, Bonita Springs Nov 22, Bonita Springs May 23
FloRidaLvr is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
Originally Posted by FloRidaLvr View Post
All read , thanks for taking the time to do such a detailed trip report ... all very informative with some great pics ... sounds like you had a busy but enjoyable time!
We had a great time, thanks for reading and commenting
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks for taking the time to do the trippie. Found it very interesting especially as we are in Washington in June which will be a first for both of us. A lot of useful information.
Old 16 Feb 18, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
Originally Posted by TractorBoy View Post
Thanks for taking the time to do the trippie. Found it very interesting especially as we are in Washington in June which will be a first for both of us. A lot of useful information.
Thanks, glad it proved useful to somebody
Old 17 Feb 18, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Thank you for taking the time to write your trippie. I really enjoyed reading it.
Old 17 Feb 18, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
Originally Posted by RachelM View Post
Thank you for taking the time to write your trippie. I really enjoyed reading it.
Thank you for reading it
Old 27 Mar 18, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Nice report. Washington is defo on my to-do list, but I think December might be too chilly for me.

Thanks for posting.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 18, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mortimer Mouse View Post
Nice report. Washington is defo on my to-do list, but I think December might be too chilly for me.

Thanks for posting.
Yeah, I think spring is a really good time to go - summer can get quite hot! We went in Feb our first time so both trips were cold but we still love it 😀
Old 15 Aug 18, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

I have enjoyed reading. We are planning a visit next July
Glee Fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List