Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 27 Mar 18, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Nassau Day

Good evening dibbers we have just booked a 4 day Bahamas cruise in August, there will be 3 of us cruising! Self, DH and DD 11 - she is very excited and plans to be away from us in the tween club (fingers crossed). This is our first ever cruise and we have never been to the Bahamas so are looking forward and starting to plan. I would love to do Atlantis beach day and have done a bit of research and initially thought I’d book the Disney excursion but am now thinking it will be cheaper to possibly taxi there and back and see if I can buy a day pass from the hotel so having read when you get off the boat you are hounded and asked if you want a taxi, I will so should we just go with one? Has anyone bought a day pass before? I have read you can buy a room at a nearby hotel comfort inn which may work out cheaper. Any advice good or bad welcome.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
What is your reason for going to Atlantis or the Comfort Inn?

Is it just to sit on a beach/in a resort?

For your first visit, you could just get off the ship, walk through the Straw Market (be firm and polite with your 'no thank you') and take a walk around. There's a pirate museum that's apparently quite good, some shops and the history of course.

Lots of people go to Junkanoo beach for watersports like inflatables, water trampoline, paddle boards, snorkel gear and kayaks. Lots of other stuff included too, all for around £20pp.

Some go to Blue Lagoon which has dolphin swims. They are captive dolphins so if your ethics and morals allow, that's another choice for you.

Things I wouldn't do: Atlantis (over priced), rent a car, flash my Rolex (if I had one!)

Just google ' best things to do in Nassau' then go to the Trip Advisor page. After your first visit, you may decide not to get off the ship next time, but for your first time, you should explore a little!
Old 4 Apr 18, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I cant say this for certain, but what put me off from going to atlantis, was the buses that come to pick you up from the boat are not exactly timely and reviews I saw said they were often late to the boat and people felt unsatisfied that it ate into their time. So I think taxi would be the best option, but you might have to go outside of the terminal to get a taxi. if I remember rightly the buses come to the boat (it was sometime ago). going through the terminal is an experiance, we survived it and it was ok but I wouldnt say it was pleasent

we eneded up staying on the boat and going on the Aquaduck all day.
Old 4 Apr 18, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Mobile

Also check how many cruise ships are boarding that day as this can have an impact, as bats said it’s expensive and you will feel rushed as you won’t get a full day in Atlantis, we have been to blue lagoon, if I remember they had 2 time slots for returning, to be honest all we done there was sunbathe, you can do that on the ship.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

If your DD likes water parks Atlantis is amazing. Yes it is expensive but it is great. Our DS loves it -there are some different kinds of water slides and you can look around the aquarium. We have been 4 times during peak season and never had an issue with the buses there or back. If you miss the last bus at the hotel jump in a cab-just make sure you aren't late for sail away 😀.
The chocolate factory is also good fun for a few hours if you wanted to book something short and then have a look around.
All the Disney excursions are ridiculously priced but for peace of mind we have always used them.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks all for your replies. I had done some research online and had read it is often cheaper to book a night at comfort inn as comes with Atlantis passes. I have now also watched some cruise vlogs and been slightly put off of the Atlantis beach day but the water park does look fab, from what I’ve seen if booked through Disney there is a lot of waiting around. I’m unsure whether we should just get off the boat have a look around and try to walk to a nearby beach.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List