Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 28 Mar 18, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
londondisney
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Thanksgiving Day - what to do?

Hi everyone,
We'll be in Florida in November for my Mum's 80th.
I need ideas for what to do on Thanksgiving Day, will everywhere be really busy? I've more or less ruled out the Parks, but wondered if the malls would be busy too?
We're 3 adults with no children with us and we'll have a car so can travel, any ideas would be great.

Thanks in advance,
Old 28 Mar 18, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Divy
Trying for More Ears

I'm sure most of the shops and malls will all be closed on Thanksgiving Day and open back up again very early morning Friday for the Black Friday sales.

We were there over Thanksgiving in 2014 and went to the Captain's Grille at the Beach Club for a Thanksgiving buffet, I believe all of the resorts will have something like that on the day. Also, if you did want to do a park then Discovery Cove has a limited number of people that get into that park so it shouldn't be any busier than normal on Thanksgiving.
Divy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 18, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Markpc2013
Imagineer

Mobile

We were there for TG in 2017 and went shopping at LBFS as they were open. We then had dinner early around 2pm at Cracker Barrel which was lovely. We went back out shopping at night to the LOOP which wasn’t too bad although still busy. I did check the park times that day out of interest and they seemed really really busy!
US 192 - Feb 1994; I-Drive- Feb 07; Fairfield Inn - June 10; Oakpoint Circle V - June 11; Homewood Suites - July 12; Calabay Parc V- June 14; Esprit Estates V - June 15; CBR - April 16; Hyatt Place, Drury's & Bridgewater V - Sept 16; CBR & V US27 - Apr 17; Eagle Pointe V - Nov 17; Lindfields V - Apr 18; Pop C- Nov 19; Universal & Cruise - Feb 20; Rosen Inn & PB- Nov 21; H2S I-Drive - Apr 22; SSR & HI S535 - Sept 22.
Markpc2013 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 18, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

We were there for Thanksgiving in 2012 and had a day out at the Space Center. It was really quiet, we had also booked a tour for the day, we did the VAB tour but I believe they’ve stopped now, but there’s enough to fill a day without an additional tour like we had.

In the evening we had dinner at Black Angus which was lovely.
Bolto6 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 18, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
We have been over thanks giving 6 times now i think.

Tha Florida Mall was open till around 9pm, the department stores didnt close (they have entrances direct from the car parks) as they went straight into Black Friday sales with a bang!

The outlets will be open right through till 6 for some 8/10 for others or all the way through.

But it will be busy the later it gets with black friday sales shoppers.

Some eateries close all day thanks giving, some close earlier than usual be aware.

The parks do get busy we tend to do a water park at 10am and leave about 2pm when it starts to busy up.
Old 29 Mar 18, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Shroom
Having Dinner with Goofy

We were there last year for it. We went to the wave in the morning for breakfast, then hit the premium outlets which were all open. We spent some dollar in the disney outlet then uber'd back to our hotel.

We then went to Magic Kingdom and ate at Be Our Guest in the evening and watched the thanksgiving fireworks from Main St and headed home.
Shroom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Very interesting post, we are going this year at thanksgiving for the first time for that time of year. Usually go March, April, September or October. I was wondering what to do also on that day. Will follow this closely 😉
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 18, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoN21
Apprentice Imagineer

orlandoN21's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Lovesholidays View Post
Very interesting post, we are going this year at thanksgiving for the first time for that time of year. Usually go March, April, September or October. I was wondering what to do also on that day. Will follow this closely 😉
Same with me... and looking forward to the sales. Can't wait
1991 Travelodge Kissimmee / 1996 Holiday Inn I-Drive / 2000+2002 Rosen Centre I-Drive / 2007+2015+solo 2017+ solo Feb2019+solo Dec2019+solo Dec2023+solo June2024 Rosen Plaza I-Drive / 2011 Point Orlando / 2011 Rosen Shingle Creek / 2015 Loews Royal Pacific / solo Feb2019 Hilton Grand Vacations / solo Dec2019 Holiday Inn Disney Springs
orlandoN21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 18, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninnybobs
Apprentice Imagineer

We did Seaworld last thanksgiving and it was really quiet.
Ninnybobs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
debsym62
Imagineer

debsym62's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We have just booked and will be there at Thanksgiving so I am looking for ideas as well. I wonder how busy the beaches get on that day?
debsym62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List