Old 3 Mar 18, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
Looks really cold, had a giggle at your DH forgetting the locker combination. Harvard looks like a great visit
So did me and the kids, he didn't see the funny side quite as much as we did though. Harvard was pretty cool actually, walking around all the buildings and the bookstore was great.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Highs of -10. OMG. That's cold !
Great day though.
After a dodgy start, poor DH. Great story though !
Lunch looked a lot of food and fun and superb value. Love those quesadillas.
Nice afternoon pottering through bookstores and taking in some sights. Quite chilled out (see that pun there).
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Highs of -10. OMG. That's cold !
Great day though.
After a dodgy start, poor DH. Great story though !
Lunch looked a lot of food and fun and superb value. Love those quesadillas.
Nice afternoon pottering through bookstores and taking in some sights. Quite chilled out (see that pun there).
Poor DH! Hopefully he will never read this as I imagine he would be rather cross with me for reciting the locker incident! When it happened I was almost gleeful as blunders like this are what make for the best bits in trip reports.

The Mexican lunch was really tasty. DD has been making her own version of quesadillas at home ever since, she is utterly obsessed with them.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 18, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post

I always nod my head in approval when people are suitably appreciative of the cost of public transport in Boston. I know it must be subsidised...but when I think of what we pay here in London - especially now that Poot's 11......though he WAS excited to get his 11-15 Oyster - his first non-passport photo ID.

That Mexican place looked great. I can remember when R.C. and I first got married - it was really hard to find any Mexican groceries in the supermarkets - and London had a Tex-Mex place but not much else. I used to bring back CASES full of non-perishable Mexican groceries from America (Oh, for the days of unlimited luggage on international flights...). One time I was stopped at MSP and my cases were opened...

"Ma'am...is this entire suitcase full of black beans?"

Hopefully the weather will improve and you will get to wear a bit less tomorrow.

And are the locker rooms in English schools not communal? I assumed that was something we all had to endure during our school days...

Your poor husband. Teehee.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
I always nod my head in approval when people are suitably appreciative of the cost of public transport in Boston. I know it must be subsidised...but when I think of what we pay here in London - especially now that Poot's 11......though he WAS excited to get his 11-15 Oyster - his first non-passport photo ID.

That Mexican place looked great. I can remember when R.C. and I first got married - it was really hard to find any Mexican groceries in the supermarkets - and London had a Tex-Mex place but not much else. I used to bring back CASES full of non-perishable Mexican groceries from America (Oh, for the days of unlimited luggage on international flights...). One time I was stopped at MSP and my cases were opened...

"Ma'am...is this entire suitcase full of black beans?"

Hopefully the weather will improve and you will get to wear a bit less tomorrow.

And are the locker rooms in English schools not communal? I assumed that was something we all had to endure during our school days...

Your poor husband. Teehee.
The train was pretty good and although we like walking it would probably have been a bit too much of a trek to walk up to Harvard.

Spoiler alert...It didn't really get any less cold, but for a few days the wind wasn't as biting, so that made it feel less chilly.

The Mexican was yummy! Kate has started making her own quesadillas now for lunch at the weekends as she is totally hooked.

Kids changing rooms at school are communal, but i guess it's a somewhat different experience faced with another 11 year olds bits and bobs than with a 60 somethings bits and bobs...