Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 1 Apr 18, 06:31 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Budget UK website, no MCO option

Heads up if planning to use BudgetUK... MCO pick up/drop off hasn't been available for weeks via the sites drop down box option. Seems odd, they must be losing business. I'll use BudgetUS for our one way Cape Coral to MCO hire if necessary.

The ever helpful Andy at Discount Florida Car Hire double checked BudgetUK's site and emailed his findings to his Budget contact.
Old 1 Apr 18, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Chris. How weird. I suspect it was an admin arror more than a decision they have made.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 18, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Chris. How weird. I suspect it was an admin arror more than a decision they have made.
Sup Tom! Whilst I believe it may be admin related, circa two month since I first noticed/reported I've seen no attempt to rectify, no telling how long MCO has been UK site excluded. If no change a week or so afore we need a motor to drive up to MCO I'll hire via the US, or Irish, site using my Halifax Clarity, payment wise it's same horse, different jockey I was holding off for rectification to hire via Quidco (cash back atween 8% to 12%) as I doubt the trick I know won't work on this occasion.
Old 4 Apr 18, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Hillbilly
Gone all Goofy

Chris, if you go on to Budget's uk site and click on the link for locations at the top of the home page, you can select MCO.

Hilary
Hillbilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
Chris, if you go on to Budget's uk site and click on the link for locations at the top of the home page, you can select MCO.

Hilary
Good spotting, how strange though.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Hilary
Hi Hilary... MCO wasn't available for me via BudgetUK, no matter which way I tried, be it via the location tab or drop down section. Had a message from Budget UK to say their IT finally reinstated MCO and asked me to check from here (Fl), finally MCO is available via both tabs. I'll now book my two day hire from Budget Cape Coral to MCO office. 10% is available via Quidco
Old 13 Apr 18, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Hillbilly
Gone all Goofy

Hi Chris, really strange how it was available from the UK but not from US. The wonders of technology! At least they have now sorted it out.
Hillbilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 18, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Hi Chris, really strange how it was available from the UK but not from US. The wonders of technology! At least they have now sorted it out.
Utterly daft indeed Hilary (BudgetUK, not you girl ). They thanked me for bringing it to their attention but I doubt I was the only one doing so. I made them aware the 23rd March, chased it Sat 7th April, surprised it took a while to correct.
Old 19 Apr 18, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Budget UK website reinstated MCO about a week ago... at time of typing, MCO's been removed for drop off. After reinstatement I attempted to book (whilst Quidco was 10% cash back) but faced 'validation exemption ED99' error after clicking to pay, which infers no vehicles available. Thought I'd try again today but as MCO drop has had it away again I'll check Expedia or similar for my Cape Coral to MCO one way booking. Been booking one way's from/to MCO for years, guess there's a rabbit off now