Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 19 Apr 18, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
lmartin
Serious Dibber

Ever got 3 pp + 3 cases in a Mustang?

When we went to Orlando in 2015, just the two of us, we hired a Mustang and loved it.

In 2017 we went as a 4 (brother and his friend) and hired a Standard SUV.

We're heading back this September... this time as a 3 (with my brother) and would love to hire a Mustang again... but I'm not sure we'll get the 3 of us, plus our cases, from Sanford to LBV Resort. In 2015 we had to put one case on the back seat.

Guess if we want to do it our only option is for one of us to get an Uber / Lyft from SFB to LBV?
lmartin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Rowlf
Imagineer

To get the 3 adults in the passenger seat needs to move forward (a lot). It then just depends on the size of the 3 cases, you certainly won't get 3 big ones in. You could do 2 cases and soft bag(s) probably.

Edited at 10:15 PM.
Rowlf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I was wondering this too.

Just checked and it’s only £10 extra for us to have a convertible instead of the standard suv we’ve got booked in May.

We’re flying into Miami and driving over to Naples for the week so will be about 2 hours each way with the luggage.

2ad 1ch for us though so might be more manageable and as we’re only going for a week we could try to pack light.

I’m wondering what they’ll let us swap for if we can’t fit the luggage in.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

I'd say don't do it. Not for Luggage reasons. You can make anything fit with a spare seat in the back, but because riding in the back of a Convertible with the roof down is a special type of torture.

The buffeting from the wind is seriously uncomfortable, almost to the point that you'll lose hearing in your ears and develop a nice fat headache to go with it.

Two people = Yes ! 3 People = Noooooooooooooooooo
Old 19 Apr 18, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We've had 3 adults me being 5ft on a good day in heels and 3soft bags
In a hard top mustang and 3small carry on bags not recommended
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Rowlf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Northerndave View Post
I'd say don't do it. Not for Luggage reasons. You can make anything fit with a spare seat in the back, but because riding in the back of a Convertible with the roof down is a special type of torture.

The buffeting from the wind is seriously uncomfortable, almost to the point that you'll lose hearing in your ears and develop a nice fat headache to go with it.

I agree with this entirely. It’s not just a matter of ‘it’s a bit uncomfortable back here’, as it can be a really horrible battering, especially at highway speeds.
Old 20 Apr 18, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Originally Posted by Northerndave View Post

Completely agree. Had an Audi Convertible for a few years. Whole family loved it, but roof down (other than toddling around locally) was only when 2 or less in it.

Christmas 2018/New Year 2019 (19N) BC - RPR - BC
Christmas 2016/New Year 2017 (18N). SF, LA, Disneyland & SD
Christmas 2014/New Year 2015 (21N). BWI, Hard Rock, Beach Club
April 2012 (21N). New York, Beach Club
Christmas 2010/New Year 2011 (15N). Polynesian & AKL
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
dippy lippy
Excited about Disney

Reading above comments - would I be correct in saying x2 adults with x3 large hard suitcases would be ok in a Mustang?
I'm guessing 2 in boot 1 in back?
dippy lippy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Rowlf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dippy lippy View Post
Reading above comments - would I be correct in saying x2 adults with x3 large hard suitcases would be ok in a Mustang?
I'm guessing 2 in boot 1 in back?
Again it's a matter of just how large. We take two medium cases and various soft bags and it all squashes in OK using the back seats.

Probably the only way to be sure is to visit your local Ford dealer over here and ask nicely if you can measure up their Mustang demonstrator! We were actually parked next to a gorgeous new met black V8 GT this afternoon at our local dealer, though sadly we were only looking at boring SUVs.

Having said that not all of the Ford dealers are selected to actually sell them so best to check first.
Old 22 Apr 18, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
elliecjno1
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

We've got a convertible here now & theres 2 of us, we managed 1 large hardshell & 2 back packs in the trunk & 1 large hardshell across the back seats with roof up. Wouldnt fancy much more than another small case or ruck sack - definitely not a 3rd person!
April '18 - WDW - POFQ & Emerald Island Villa

MAY '20 - WDW - POFQ & AMI CANCELLED BY COVID
elliecjno1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List