Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 Apr 18, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile Will we be able to link 2 rooms to MDE?

We have 2 separate bookings with Disney 2 rooms for next October. Will I be able to link these bookings for fast passes and any dining reservations we want?

Thanks.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

first of all, each reservation will need to be linked to a different MDX account

then for the dining it's fairly simple

if you're all dining together, just make one reservation on just one MDX for the total number of people at the table

so if mdx #1 has 4 guests and mdx #2 has 3 guests, just make a reservation for 7 on mdx #1 and you're good to go
just tell the server there are 2 rooms, so they take dining credits from both rooms (each room will have their own credits, they won't/can't be pooled between the 2 rooms

for the FP+ just go to family and friends, and invite MDX#2 on MDX#1 and allow plan and list sharing (should be on by default)

when you make your FP+ on mdx#1 you"ll be able to select all party members from MDX#2 and select FP+ for the whole group in one go
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
first of all, each reservation will need to be linked to a different MDX account

if you're all dining together, just make one reservation on just one MDX for the total number of people at the table

so if mdx #1 has 4 guests and mdx #2 has 3 guests, just make a reservation for 7 on mdx #1 and you're good to go
just tell the server there are 2 rooms, so they take dining credits from both rooms (each room will have their own credits, they won't/can't be pooled between the 2 rooms

for the FP+ just go to family and friends, and invite MDX#2 on MDX#1 and allow plan and list sharing (should be on by default)

when you make your FP+ on mdx#1 you"ll be able to select all party members from MDX#2 and select FP+ for the whole group in one go
That’s great thanks. You explained it really well.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

One more question can we now track dining credits on MDE? When I went last time it was shown on a receipt. Thanks.
Old 24 Apr 18, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thank for this info.

I’m a bit worried about all this linking malarkey with dinning/FPs etc...

I’ve only had to book 2 rooms at POFQ because of OKW being out of the window. (As we booked for Oct 19)

I’ve had to book 2 rooms in mine and DH names as our 2dds aren’t 18. DH doesn’t have an MDE account, will he need to make one?

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
One more question can we now track dining credits on MDE? When I went last time it was shown on a receipt. Thanks.

yes it's supposed to be showing on MDX (or so recent reports said)

but it will only start to show on your MDX when you're checked in
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
I’ve had to book 2 rooms in mine and DH names as our 2dds aren’t 18. DH doesn’t have an MDE account, will he need to make one?

Kat
I've got 2 rooms on two separate booking refs on my MDE for the same dates in Aug. Same situation - the second room is for my dd and bf. No issues so far and not expecting any.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

As PP just above me said, I don't think this is right. We have two rooms booked in September, one for us and one for in laws, both linked to my MDE (they are technophobes!). It's easy to link both and so far had no issues with dining etc.
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

I have 2 dvc studios linked to my mde account for December for the same dates with different people staying in each. Doesn't appear to be a problem.