Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 25 Apr 18, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Dreaming
Getting Excited

Dreaming's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile To suitcase or to not!

Morning!

We are still undecided on taking a hold case or not! We’re going for 5 days, and flying with easy jet. Has anyone flew with them, and do they weigh the bags you take on with you? Do they have to be 10kg 😱

I’m not a light packer but will if I have to. Is £30 justifiable for a suitcase? Im thinking of having no room to bring back merch if I want to!

What’s it like collecting a hold suitcase in the Charles de Gaulle airport? Do you have to wait much longer?
2000 - DLP on-site, 2002 - Florida Villa Park, 2004 - Best western (Birthday Surprise!), 2005 - DLP off-site, 2006 - Christmas at Legacy Park, 2008 - Highlands reserve, 2010 - High Grove, 2013 - WDW 13 of us and a wedding!, 2015 - Taking the partner for their first time, Mabella South, 2017 - Parents beautiful wedding! Providence/Tuscan Hills, 2018 - DLP in summer!, 2019 - our wedding! 💓
Dreaming is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I had the same dilemma and I went ahead and booked one hold bag. Compared to how much Ryanair wanted for a hold bag to Tenerife I thought Easyjet was a bargain !
I read on easyJet site that as long as your cabin bag is within the measurements they don’t weigh it. If I am wrong please someone correct me !

I do plan on taking snacks and breakfasts with us too and like you say I am sure we will buy stuff there too.
Don’t know about wait times for luggage.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
caspdex
Apprentice Imagineer

No weight limit, only size
easyjet hand luggage
caspdex is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

We're with flybe and booked one hold bag between 3 of us. Flybe cabin bags had unusual dimensions.
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
vickisocks
Having Dinner with Goofy

We flew BA in the summer and managed with just hand luggage for 5 days. In Feb we booked with Air France and took 3 suitcases with us ( as well as the hand luggage) between 7 of us due to the bulkier clothes. We are going in October and will be booking our flights this weekend and we will again be taking suitcases with us we will have bulkier clothes with us.
Vicki x x
vickisocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

We’re currently half way through our journey by car, but we have 1 suitcase for all 3 of us. Obviously no hand luggage as such but if I was flying I probably do the same and use hand luggage for souvenirs on the way back.
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
TigerGirl
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We are looking at EasyJet for next year’s trip. I would probably take one cabin bag for 4 of us and proper roll along cases for hand luggage. Heavy things in the hold and clothes in the hand luggage. I guess we will only be going for 5 days so we won’t need too much. I am guessing that ladies are still allowed handbags as well as hand luggage? If so, I will take a small leather rucksack and ram a lot in there too!
TigerGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Dreaming
Getting Excited

Dreaming's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Thanks for all your opinions! I think I might take one after all, just for peace of mind! ☺️
2000 - DLP on-site, 2002 - Florida Villa Park, 2004 - Best western (Birthday Surprise!), 2005 - DLP off-site, 2006 - Christmas at Legacy Park, 2008 - Highlands reserve, 2010 - High Grove, 2013 - WDW 13 of us and a wedding!, 2015 - Taking the partner for their first time, Mabella South, 2017 - Parents beautiful wedding! Providence/Tuscan Hills, 2018 - DLP in summer!, 2019 - our wedding! 💓
Dreaming is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 18, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Minniebella
VIP Dibber

I was thinking that we could all survive on hand luggage only,then my DH reminded me that I would probably want to wash my hair whilst there and how I like to take all of my “just in case” items,so I am now about to add 1 hold bag.Im sure we will end up taking more that we might need for 4 days but at least I won’t be panicking about squeezing any purchases into hand luggage on way home🙈
Minniebella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 18, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Ourdaybydesign
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by TigerGirl View Post
We are looking at EasyJet for next year’s trip. I would probably take one cabin bag for 4 of us and proper roll along cases for hand luggage. Heavy things in the hold and clothes in the hand luggage. I guess we will only be going for 5 days so we won’t need too much. I am guessing that ladies are still allowed handbags as well as hand luggage? If so, I will take a small leather rucksack and ram a lot in there too!
EasyJet only let you take one piece of hand luggage so you can’t take a cabin case and a handbag, would just be the cabin case.
Hong Kong Disneyland {1}: May 2017
Ourdaybydesign is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List