Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 26 Apr 18, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyNewbie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Time for Tracey's dumb question of the day!

So far I've only bet on Team A to win or draw and then lay those bets. Is it exactly the same if I was going to place a bet on a correct score?

My example
Arsenal vs Atletico Madrid
Correct Score 1-1
Bookie stake £10 (Free SNR)
odds 7.0

Lay stake is £8.39 (liability £52.03)
Lay odds 7.20

So I bet on 1-1 at bookie then go to exchange and select the pink lay column for 1-1. Make sure it matches the calculator and place bets.

Have I got that right?
DisneyNewbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
butterflymags
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by DisneyNewbie View Post
Time for Tracey's dumb question of the day!

So far I've only bet on Team A to win or draw and then lay those bets. Is it exactly the same if I was going to place a bet on a correct score?

My example
Arsenal vs Atletico Madrid
Correct Score 1-1
Bookie stake £10 (Free SNR)
odds 7.0

Lay stake is £8.39 (liability £52.03)
Lay odds 7.20

So I bet on 1-1 at bookie then go to exchange and select the pink lay column for 1-1. Make sure it matches the calculator and place bets.

Have I got that right?
Yes, but just double check its the right market, as you can get half time score bets too.
Old 26 Apr 18, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

well i made a mistake last night , luckily it hasn't cost me anything except my free bet! I was doing it on my phone and my stupid fat fingers pressed place bet whilst i was trying to reduce the stake from £20 to £10 (i was tired too!) i could have layed the same but the profit was so tiny i decided to just use my free bet as a normal bet ! now i just have to hope arsenal win 2-1 tonight - then i may be a bit happier!
Old 26 Apr 18, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
parmaviolet500
Trying for More Ears

I'm a bit confused now - don't know what I've done wrong... I put a £10 qualifying bet on Betvictor Arsenal/Athletico Madrid then layed it on Betfair 2.55 / 2.68 odds.

Betfair is coming up saying the bet is unmatched - I had enough in balance to cover the liability. Could it be because I've already bet on this game with Coral earlier today?

I might need to just take this as a lesson and probably lose the £10 from Betvictor..
parmaviolet500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
parmaviolet500
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by parmaviolet500 View Post
I'm a bit confused now - don't know what I've done wrong... I put a £10 qualifying bet on Betvictor Arsenal/Athletico Madrid then layed it on Betfair 2.55 / 2.68 odds.

Betfair is coming up saying the bet is unmatched - I had enough in balance to cover the liability. Could it be because I've already bet on this game with Coral earlier today?

I might need to just take this as a lesson and probably lose the £10 from Betvictor..
Panic over! It's matched - just went back in to check and everything was fine.
parmaviolet500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
familyofthree
Apprentice Imagineer

familyofthree's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by parmaviolet500 View Post
Panic over! It's matched - just went back in to check and everything was fine.
Liability is not your money, it is what has already been put down by other people at the exchange.

Always check the figure in the box under the lay odds you are going to be using at the exchange, only place your lay bet if the amount exceeds what the MB calculator has worked your liability out to be.
Old 26 Apr 18, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
familyofthree
Apprentice Imagineer

familyofthree's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by JLH View Post
well i made a mistake last night , luckily it hasn't cost me anything except my free bet! I was doing it on my phone and my stupid fat fingers pressed place bet whilst i was trying to reduce the stake from £20 to £10 (i was tired too!) i could have layed the same but the profit was so tiny i decided to just use my free bet as a normal bet ! now i just have to hope arsenal win 2-1 tonight - then i may be a bit happier!
You could back the same bet at another bookies for the whole amount you have layed for a qualifying loss.

You will then be able to lay the correct amount again to take advantage of the free bet profit..
Old 26 Apr 18, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Anybody that is worried about the bank transfer from William hill into starling account I received mine today . Took 2-3 days.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
parmaviolet500
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by familyofthree View Post
Liability is not your money, it is what has already been put down by other people at the exchange.

Always check the figure in the box under the lay odds you are going to be using at the exchange, only place your lay bet if the amount exceeds what the MB calculator has worked your liability out to be.
Thank you - that makes sense. I need to stop freaking out before thinking things through properly!
Old 26 Apr 18, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
butterflymags
Excited about Disney

Rather than me type up a long explanation I have found an article/blog that will explain what to do when an unmatched bet happens . I don't think links are allowed but if you google the following you'll find it:-

'dealing with unmatched bets the money shed'

I usually work my partial matched bets out myself but for newbies there is a link and some instructions for a partial matched calculator that is easy to use.

Edited at 02:15 PM.
butterflymags is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List