Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 4 Sep 17, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Next day we were at Magic Kingdom in the morning then went over to Epcot to meet Laura and Jon for their wedding anniversary meal at Epcot

A quick picture of Paul's cheetos!

We had an adr booked for Be Our Guest but we were running late and when we got there struggled to find a table. After 3 circuits we finally found one but it needed cleaning so had to sit a dirty table for a while. We had pre-ordered - Paul had the turkey baguette with no Dijon mayo and me and Beth shared one with the mayo. It was more than enough for the 2 of us.

Later on me and Beth shared a hot fudge sundae from the Storybook Snacks

Fab value for a snack credit.

Beth had been hankering after a corn dog which we paid off plan for it was $6 so not worth a qs credit but wasn't a snack credit. Me and Paul had a Mickey pretzel with cheese to share and me and Beth shared a cherry slush. We grabbed a couple of cups of iced water and sat in Pesco Bills to have them. Paul doesn't like pop or anything sweet and it seemed a waste sometimes to use a snack credit for water so we had quite a few cups of water over the fortnight.

We caught the monorail over to Epcot, used our fastpass for Soaring (which we had booked after using our last one at Magic Kingdom) then met Laura and Jon at the Rose and Crown. When we checked in I mentioned it was an anniversary meal and said we were prepared to wait for a table with a view. We waited about 15 minutes and had a fab table on the patio right by the water. No photos as the lighting was starting to fade but we all had fish and chips except Paul who had the fish and steak and subbed the filled Yorkshire pudding for chips. For drinks Paul had Guinness , Beth Coke and me cider and black (classy). Paul had a coffee for dessert, Beth the strawberry trifle and I had banoffee tart. All of it was delicious and we had an amazing view of Illuminations although afterwards we were covered in brown ash which took some scrubbing to get off.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 17, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Oo - just found the photo of the churros Beth had in the Mexican pavilion

ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 17, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Animal Kingdom was our park for the day Saturday. We went to Disney Springs first for breakfast at Wolfgang Puck Express. Such good value for a quick service place whether it be breakfast or lunch/dinner.

I had the full breakfast with sour dough toast and coffee

Paul had the cheese and bacon omelette with coffee

And Beth had the Cornflake French toast with a cherry Coke as obviously her breakfast wasn't sweet enough

Over at Animal Kingdom we had a Starbucks before heading over to Pandora

Later on me and Beth shared some caramelised pecans

And I had a grapefruit beer -lush

We had dinner at Boma at our resort but I wasn't really feeling it as it was manic and so loud in there. No photos of the buffet food but we sat and had a pre-dinner drink in Victoria Falls. Took ages to be served. I had a glowtini and Paul had a bud.

With dinner I had a raspberry colava as I love pina coladas but there was far too much raspberry purée for my taste

Edited at 07:14 PM.
Old 4 Sep 17, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sunday was Animal Kingdom again as we had a fastpasses for Flight of Passage, an amazing ride.

We had lunch at restaurantasaurus. Me and Paul had burgers and Beth had a chilli hot dog

We had dinner back at the Mara. Beth had a burger, Paul chicken and chips and I had a chicken flatbread which was more filling than it looked.

Not sure what Paul had but I had zebra domes for pud and Beth had Oreo cheesecake.

Old 4 Sep 17, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Next day we had a day at Epcot with breakfast at 10:30 at 'ohana. Stitch no longer comes round, once checked in you have to queue to meet him then wait for your buzzer to go off. Good job we weren't in a rush as it was 11:15 when we finally sat down to eat.

Coconut and banana bread to start with a dish of fruit

Then the hot items - we asked for more sausages as they only gave us 3.

Stitch waffles!

Great food and I like the family style dining.

After breakfast we spent the day at Epcot where I was brave enough to go on the orange version of Mission Space with Beth. Paul sat this one out. I felt a bit queasy before going in so grabbed a sick bag just in case but luckily didn't have to use it. What a strange sensation though!

We had had a fastpass for Test Track earlier but just as we got there it closed because of inclement weather in the area. We were in Mexico and I noticed on the app it had just re opened so we nipped back and rode it.

Back over towards World Showcase and we stopped at Starbucks for a vanilla creamer frappacino and coffee frappacino

We pottered about in World Showcase and I grabbed a grapefruit beer in Germany and me and Beth got some snacks from Karamek Kuche (sp?) for back in the room. We got popcorn, a peanut/caramel covered apple and a cookie.

Just eating the popcorn now at home!

We found the apple in a bag a few days later when it had gone all soft 😧

The cookie we shared in bed that night with a coffee

We were in Morocco and Paul nipped to the loo and whilst he was in there it started pouring with rain which was in for the evening. We took shelter for a while ( I had an umbrella which we all tried to get under) then headed over to Japan and hung out under cover by the store. The plan for the next day was Typhoon Lagoon and we had paid to reserve seats at Getaway Glen but the forecast was for thunderstorms for virtually all of the day from 12pm so I phoned WDW to see if we could cancel. The cm put me through to Typhoon Lagoon as she didn't know the answer but as it was nearly 7pm there was no answer. I did call the next day and we got a full refund.

We had an adr at Teppan Edo and shared a table with an American couple and a lovely Dibb family whose names I forgot to ask. They were staying at CRB and were enjoying spending their compensation. The food as always was gorgeous although I did prefer the beef rice and thinner noodles we had last time. All 3 of us had steak and chicken

Lettuce with dressing to start

Loved the yum yum sauce

For dessert Beth had the mango cake and I had ginger cake - both lovely.

Hidden Mickey!

Perfect timing as we went on the balcony and watched Illuminations in the dry

Old 4 Sep 17, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Such great food but oh my all those cheetos! Haha..

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 17, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

For today we had planned to go to Typhoon Lagoon but still the forecast was not looking good so I phoned WDW and asked if we could get a refund on the Getaway Glen seats and was told they don't normally do it but we could have a refund. The storm wasn't due until 12 so at 9 we headed down to our pool. Paul wanted to be the first in the water only for the whistle to be blown and him told off by a lifeguard as it wasn't quite open yet! 😂

It was really cloudy and like fools we didn't put any sun screen on at first and paid the price later. Bethy lasted about an hour then got bored and headed back to the room as she had discovered the old Supernatural seasons on US Netflix and only had the first 3 seasons on DVD at home.

Me and Paul had a drink from the pool bar - I had a moscatini and Paul had a bud.

It started to cloud over really badly at lunchtime and you could see rain was on the way so we called Bethy to see what she wanted for lunch and had a take out from the Mara.

I had a ham sandwich with fries which was delicious

Beth had a plain hot dog with fries

And Paul had chicken nuggets and fries.

For our desserts Beth had crunchy cheetos, Paul had Lays and I had a cinnamon whirl.

Just as we were waiting for our food the heavens opened so it was good timing.

Edited at 06:19 PM.
Old 5 Sep 17, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Mobile

That evening we had an adr booked for Yachtsman Steakhouse. Bethy was really tired and wanted to stay in the room so me and Paul got dressed up and went on our own. We got a bus to Disney Springs then when we got there a Boardwalk bus was there so we caught that as we had plenty of time. When we got off the bus we got a bit lost and ended up in the conference part of the hotel. We walked down a corridor then out a door at the end and realised we were in a small courtyard with just a few table and chairs in. We realised we had gone the wrong way but couldn't get back in the door - it had locked behind us 😳 So we ended up climbing over a small wall to get back to the front of the hotel - very dignified!

We finally found our way to the main Boardwalk and had a walk over to the Yachtclub and got thee in perfect time for our adr.

No starters but we had the bread - I was saving myself for the steak so only had 1 but Paul polished off the rest.

I had a grapefruit beer and Paul had a bud

For entree I had the 10oz fillet steak but subbed the mash for dauphinois potatoes. Paul had the Kansas strip steak and had the malt vinegar fries. The steaks were absolutely gorgeous but I couldn't eat all mine as I was full of fizz as I had had a Coke as well as the beer. Paul helped me out though 😉

My steak - medium/well done

That's sauce on the plate rather than blood.

Paul's steak - medium/rare

What was a pain is that the restrooms are being refurbished so you had to go outside and use the pool ones.

Paul had a coffee for dessert. I wanted the chocolate/peanut butter thing but thought it would be too rich so had the lime parfait.

Meanwhile, Beth had been to the Mara and had nuggets and fries and a strawberry tart.

We walked through International Gateway just as Illuminations was starting but had seen them a few nights before so watched the fireworks as we were walking. We managed to get to the bus stop just before the hoardes where a bus was in - we got on just as it was about to pull off.

I have read comments about the buses not being good for AKL but we never had any problems. Maximum wait at AKL was about 10 minutes. The longest wait back was from Disney Springs - about 15 minutes. But the worst wait was when we went over to POR one day from Animal Kingdom- we had to wait about 25 minutes then had to stand

Old 5 Sep 17, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Great food report.
I only discovered grapefruit beer this year, it's so good.
We were at AKL as well and found the buses to be pretty good overall.
Old 5 Sep 17, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Oh I'm drooling over that peanut butter brownie, could just eat that right now.

I love staying at AKL and never found there to be an issue with the buses. x