Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 23 Oct 17, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Going soon!
Excited about Disney

Talking I'll have a cheeseburger without the cheese please - November 2017

So I have been drooling over these food reports for a fair amount of time and now it is almost time for my contribution!

So the two of us head out next week and this will be our 6th visit. There is me, 42 and chief planner and obsessor of all things holiday. I love to make a kinda plan in the sense that I make a list of what we will be doing etc but usually the plan goes up in the air when we get there as we are more a go with the flow type of peeps when it boils down to it. Hubby is 43 and generally a Grump for the majority of the year but when we go to Florida, he is much more chilled.

And now to the reason for the title... Grumpy has a cheese phobia! ...yes you saw that right! Here at home, he is quite happy to order a cheese-free pizza (basically pizza base with tomato sauce and a selection of meats). It is not the first time I have been in the supermarket aisle scrutinising the ingredients in lasanga sauce jars. I once bought pre-filled pasta (as I had been buying for years), I cooked it one night and all was fine. The second night, Grumpy made it instead but unfortunately read the ingredients and the whole lot went in the bin just before he finished heating it up! We ended up with fish and chips that night :angry:

Our last visit was two years ago and we were quite partial to a cinammon bun from Cinabon at Citywalk. While eating one, it struck me that the icing was pretty much cream cheese frosting and I pointed this out to Grumpy..thinking it would help over-come this phobia... how wrong was I?! No more cinammon buns! So the last two years have been spent 'trying' to get over the frosting fear. I thought I had cracked it but then we watched a Tim Tracker vlog recently and as he was passing Cinabon, we noticed it was boarded up ... how smug was Grumpy? I'm hoping it was just for a lick of paint! Watch this space...

So we fly Edinburgh to Gatwick on Tuesday and then Gatwick to MCO on the Wednesday - having nearly missed flights due to fog two years ago when I didn't have an overnight stay. V Room at Gatwick organised as Grumpy does not tolerate airports very well - if only he could be teleported . We are then booked for 10 nights at Universal's Portofino Bay. We have tickets for both Universal and Disney and have also booked Keys to the Kingdom at MK. I also really fancy a visit to St Augustine this time round but we'll see how it goes and we also have obligatory visit to family too (they live about 10 mins from Disney!).

Favorite haunts are:
IHOP
Denny's
Panda Express
Longhorns
PF Changs

Would like to try:
Teaks

I quite fancy giving a 'live' report a go but forgive me if I fall a tad behind.

See ya all soon
Hx
Going soon! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 17, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Have a fantastic holiday looking forward to reading your cheese free feast xxx
Old 23 Oct 17, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Going soon!
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
Have a fantastic holiday looking forward to reading your cheese free feast xxx
Thank you - Grumpy might be cheese free but I can't say the same for myself hehe

Hx
Going soon! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 17, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
title reminds me of a teenage fast food job when I did once serve a customer exactly that, after several failed attempts to explain that a cheeseburger without cheese was a hamburger we gave up and served him a hamburger for the higher price

Sorry for going off topic, looking forward to your thread.
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 17, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
How exciting, less than a week to go! You're eating at some of my faves! Have a wonderful time.

Weird cheese phobia, I'm certain that the cinnamon loaf at Gaston's Tavern in MK doesn't have any cream cheese in the frosting at all

Good luck convincing him

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 17, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Looking forward to this! Cheese is my all time favourite food so I am horrified by this phobia
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 17, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs H
slightly serious Dibber

Mrs H's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We go a week after you, so really looking forward to this 😀
Mrs H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 17, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Going soon!
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
title reminds me of a teenage fast food job when I did once serve a customer exactly that, after several failed attempts to explain that a cheeseburger without cheese was a hamburger we gave up and served him a hamburger for the higher price

Sorry for going off topic, looking forward to your thread.
- I'd do the same.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
How exciting, less than a week to go! You're eating at some of my faves! Have a wonderful time.

Weird cheese phobia, I'm certain that the cinnamon loaf at Gaston's Tavern in MK doesn't have any cream cheese in the frosting at all

Good luck convincing him
Technically I can't wait... unfortunately work has been mental and I don't trust myself to pack in the evenings at the moment (too knackered!) so when I finish up work on Friday, THEN I'll start getting really excited!

He has had this cheese phobia since he was around 3 years old so it is unlikely that a couple of visits to Florida will sort him but I can try...

That cinnamon loaf is on my list for this year actually and I've heard that there is definately no cream cheese frosting

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
Looking forward to this! Cheese is my all time favourite food so I am horrified by this phobia
I like cheese too and he has progressed to allowing cheese in the fridge... a step in the right direction from when we met

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
Eeeeeek! Not long for you now either then

Hx
Old 24 Oct 17, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
elliemay
Imagineer

Looking forward to the trippies, hope you all have a fab time - mmmm Sounds like my Grumpy hubbie has a cousin!
Old 29 Oct 17, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Pavilion1983
Imagineer

Have a great time, teaks was fantastic
Set time we visited. If you go ask to see the “secret” menu