Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 8 Nov 17, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

Dining review

I don’t have the stamina to do a full dining trip report..but I thought I’d just give a rundown of my opinions of the places we ate at over the last 2 weeks whilst staying at the Yacht Club with DDP

Crystal Palace breakfast - a late swap from a lunch reservation to breakfast. It didn’t disappoint. Lovely food, breakfast lasagne is amazing, a great server and some fabulous character interaction too.

Sci Fi Diner lunch - surprisingly good. Went for a classic burger and hubby the Reuben. Lovely and juicy. Enjoyed it and the setting immensely, although I did feel conscious about the couple dining in the back seat of our vehicle and wished they hadn’t been there - my boys can be quite intense and noisy and I felt I had to restrain them a lot so their meal wasn’t intruded upon.

Tony’s Town Square lunch- worst meal of the holiday, but being able to rock up to the vip parade viewing spot at 2.10pm and have an awesome space to watch from kind of made up! I stuck with pizza as I had low expectations and, whilst edible, it wasn’t great. Hubby had tuna which was over cooked. They were great with the kids though and made our youngest nuggets and fries which weren’t on the menu.

Tusker House breakfast - posted separately about this. So disappointed by one of my favourites. Poor characters and a disinterested server. Food still good though.

Flying Fish Cafe dinner - underwhelmed by this too. Loved the interior setting, but we had an overbearing server and the food was just ok. I had toyed with switching to yachtsman many times and wish I had as this was for a date night

1900 Park Fare Dinner - loved this too. We had a 4pm opening adr. It’s buffet so I was worried, but the food was lovely. Fabulous choices for adults and kids and fantastic characters. Our server wasn’t great though. Didn’t clear or refill once.

Cape May Cafe breakfast - ate here twice. Lovely food, good interaction. If you eat 9am onwards it’s quiet too.

Ohana dinner - went in here wondering whether it would live up to the hype (teppan edo hadn’t for me last year) and wow, I loved it! Fantastic food, couldn’t do enough for the kids brought them nuggets and fries plus little plates to try ours. Will be first on my list next trip.

Garden Grill breakfast - another surprise, booked at 11pm the night before after we switched plans. Really enjoyed it. Great food - that sticky bun! Did, however, feel a bit sick with the restaurant motion..had to keep my eyes down. Characters were great.

Hollywood Brown Derby Fantasmic dinner- awesome food and service. My autistic son had had a horrible public meltdown just before we were due to go here. They actually seated us in the bamboo room on our own and were so good with us. It’s one of my favourites anyway so this just cemented it.

California Grill brunch - wow...just wow. Amazing experience, the food was divine, but it is quite adult and I felt I had to work hard to keep my kids restrained. Not sure I’d go back until they are older sadly as I loved it.

Beaches & Cream lunch - savoury food as good as the ice cream and a lovely atmosphere too

For QS I’d mention the Boardwalk Bakery sandwiches (huge!), Hurricane Hannas at Beach Club, Earl of Sandwich and Polite Pig at Disney Springs and Satuli Canteen as some of our favourites.

I think we were quite lucky this time in terms of not really having a bad meal.

Offsite we ate at Bahama Breeze on Vineland Avenue. The food was lovely, but took a long time to arrive and was wrong when it did which took a while to sort out. It’s one of my favourites so I would go back but I was disappointed.
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 17, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Unfortunately I don't ever seem to read good things about the food at Tony's...it sounds like the signatures were the ones to beat though. It was interesting to read about your experience at HBD with your son and also at cali grill. I really want to do a brunch at either cali or Narcoosees but I take your point about the kids getting a bit bored...mine will be 13 and 11 so hopefully they'd be able to last...

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 17, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds like you had a few lovely meals . Funny you having that experience with TH, we had a similar experience with CP. CP is one of our faves, but our last visit was awful and we wouldn't return . That's great you loved O'hanas, we've had fab experiences there too. Thanks so much for your reviews
Leia77 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 17, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post

Unfortunately I don't ever seem to read good things about the food at Tony's...it sounds like the signatures were the ones to beat though. It was interesting to read about your experience at HBD with your son and also at cali grill. I really want to do a brunch at either cali or Narcoosees but I take your point about the kids getting a bit bored...mine will be 13 and 11 so hopefully they'd be able to last...
I think you’ll be fine with the ages of your children. It’s so worth it...but you do need to allow at least 1.5 to 2 hours for your meal. We were seated in a booth right at the bottom of the restaurant looking directly onto mK. Amazing
Yacht Club October 2017
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 17, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
Sounds like you had a few lovely meals . Funny you having that experience with TH, we had a similar experience with CP. CP is one of our faves, but our last visit was awful and we wouldn't return . That's great you loved O'hanas, we've had fab experiences there too. Thanks so much for your reviews
We’d had an ok experience at CP last year, but I decided to give it another go this year and it was so much better. Probably would give Tusker another chance as it has been consistently good over our previous trips.

Ohana was fabulous. The food was just lovely
Yacht Club October 2017
Old 12 Feb 18, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
redspottyowl
Imagineer

redspottyowl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Ooh, we have just been moved to the Yacht club so your post is really useful

These things are fun..and fun is good NYC/Orlando May/June 15 Pretrippy
Adults are only kids grown up pretrippy Oct/Nov 2013
A Bargain Hunters Pre-trip report Nov 2011
NOV 2011 - Villa offsite 'bargain hunters'
OCT/NOV 2013 - OLD KEY WEST Disney trip - DDP
OCT/NOV 2018 - Disney pixie dust Yacht Club stay
AUG 2022 - Cabana Bay -teen choice
redspottyowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We had a terrible meal at Flying Fish. Awful service and our desserts were forgotten for about 40 minutes.
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post

Thought they had stopped the brunch at Narcoosees ?

Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List