Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 15 Nov 17, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Done it, enjoyed it and survived 20 days of food, glorious food!

Well, we are just back from 20 nights at OKW, our 2nd stay there. Had a fabulous time, were allocated upper room 4420 in Old Turtle Pond area, which had a lovely water view (no boats passing) and less than a minute to the pool. The QS/refill area only open 11-5 so a bit of a pain when you want a top up. I did walk to Hospitality House a few times, it took me 8/9 minutes, probably more like 9-11 as I'm a fast walker!

Unfortunately, I did not take photos of any food (it irritates hubby:angry but I'd still like to do a review of the places we ate at and food we snorted

Arrived on time (3.30pm) at Orlando airport, was expecting long delays but immigration went smoothly and were checked in to OKW by just past 5.15pm!

Now, a confession. On a previous thread, I said we had no problem sharing a studio with 4 people. I will retract this now Last visit was when daughters were 7 & 8, so no problem. Fast forward 5 years and our 12 year old takes AGES to get ready and sort her hair! Not brill when the rest of us need the bathroom too!

Anyway, arrival night we had pulled pork burgers and bacon cheeseburgers with fries and swapped our drink for dessert items. Never a problem swapping drinks for sides at OKW. I tried a Mickey head pretzel but it was so yukky - very salty and tough and the plastic cheese was just bleurgh

Managed to get 4 different coloured refillable mugs - purple/blue/ pink and red so no fighting! Note - the mugs only work up to day 14 so we just asked Good's to Go to re-activate them, no problem.

Quick reviews for snacks and all the restaurants we ate at to follow (when I find my notes ).
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 17, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post

I had made a long list of snacks and food items I wanted and managed to try them all!

Corn dog nuggets (Tusker House) - I liked these, no-one else did!
Dole Whip - refreshing, not a hit with anyone else though
Gaston's Cinnamon Roll - huge! Shared with DD but still full
Cheshire Tail pastry (Cheshire Cafe, MK) - tasty chocolate pastry
Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel (Wetzel's Pretzels, DS) - soft n gorgeous
Cronut - I loved this, DD13 thought it tasted like sick
American Dream - another hit, quite filling though
Funnel Cake - had better before, it was too doughy, not crispy
Cornflake French Toast (QS breakfast) - yummy, filling option
Elephant Ear Pastry - large, flaky pastry, quite enjoyed this
Onion Rings (Flame Tree BBQ) - great as a SC
Pulled Pork and cheese topped fries (Flame Tree BBQ) - disliked the plastic cheese they used but if a fan of it, good use of SC
Churros - gorgeous one had at cart near Big Top Treats in MK, less tasty one elsewhere in the park
Cinnamon glazed pecans (AK cart near Kusafiri shop) - loved these!
Magic Cookie Bar - quite enjoyable, too much to eat all in one go
Beignets - made special trip next door to FQ for these little beauties. 6 for a SC is amazing! Very tasty option
Starbucks - salted caramel Frappuccino - had 3 over the holiday, nice for a treat but wouldn't buy them back at home
Starbucks - Napoleon cream cake - very nice
Fried Rice (Yak & Yeti LFC, AK) - smaller portion for a SC now, tasted OK, filled a hole till lunchtime. They also had breakfast items there on our last few days, the SC portion of hash browns were tasty
School Bread (Kringla Bakery, Norway, Epcot) - not as bad as I was expecting, strange combo of flavours
Star Wars chocolate cupcake (Backlot Express, HS) - lovely peanut butter topping, moist cake
Night Blossom drink (Pongu Pongu, AK) - very sweet, DD's didn't like it at all!
Seasoned fries (Mr Kamal's cart, AK) - I enjoyed these, but they were too spicy for rest of party. Big portion, good use of SC
Eight Spoons cart (AK) - spicy shrimp mac n cheese - very tasty, decent size SC portion. DD had the pulled pork one 3 times and loved it too
Joffrey's Stand (outside Epcot) - cinnamon bun - I enjoyed this far more than the Gaston's one, less bready. DD's enjoyed their large donuts from here too (we were able to have 3 items for a QS credit here, although server didn't know how to do it and had to call her manager)
F&WF - Canada - filet was freshly cooked but very chewy, it was my most disappointing snack. The soup was as tasty as usual though
Hawaii - slider and Spam hash were really nice and tasty
Japan - DD12 had the sushi twice from here and really enjoyed it, great use of a SC. She also tried the shaved ice opposite, portions were huge and very refreshing.

I tried a few more F&WF items but I can't find my booklet just now, however apart from above mentioned, nothing really wowed me, it was edible but not memorable.

Ghirardelli's - was able to use a QS credit for the 4 for 3 100g bars of chocolate. Both servers were familiar with this when I asked so we ended up with 20 bars (5 QS credits left)

We spent our last 23 SC's in Goofy's. Always handy for school treats!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 17, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great start, looking forward to the reviews!
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 17, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Some great snacks, lots that I will need to add to my list!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List