Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 18 Mar 18, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
kellwall
Excited about Disney

Mobile New York @ Christmas

Hi all,
Only recently back on The Dibb. Last and first trip to Florida was Easter 2016. We had a blast. I thank you all, we planned and learnt so much from fellow dibbers.
I have been reading through so much and being back has really made me decide a return trip to Florida 2020 is a must.
Just managed to get a good deal on flights to New York for Christmas. So me, DH, DS16 & DS12 are very excited. We normally spend Christmas in the sun. But one year wanted to do New York. With our children getting older and time flying past we couldn't pass this deal by. We are going for 7 nights and staying in Times Square. I have emailed a couple of places for Christmas dinner and been advised to make contact August time. We have bought City Passes to take in the main sites. I've started buying thermal must haves, on sale a bit at a time.
I've purchased a planner and any spare time is spent planning. With the boys being older everyone can have input. I'm soooo excited.
Thanks for reading
kellwall is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

We went at Christmas 2016. We had a fab time - details are in my trippy if you are interested

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

We LOVE New York at Christmas and will be there this Christmas too (actually, just before Christmas this time 16-20th Dec). I think it's our 5th Christmas there (within a few days of the big day).

If you are there on Christmas Day then the best thing to do is be out and walk everywhere. The streets are empty, the attractions are quiet and it's just lovely seeing the city on foot. We went to the ESB on Christmas morning and had no queue at all. Just walked straight in and all the way to the lifts!

We don't have Christmas Dinner, we always have a meal at Hard Rock Cafe, Planet Hollywood of similar. It's much more cost effective (there are 9 of us and everywhere overcharges for Christmas dinner as not many places actually do it).

Edited at 07:09 PM.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 18, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

Are you doing the rockettes Christmas show,at radio city.we all thoroughly enjoyed it & I would definitely go again,if I was to return in Dec.
Also look at the ride.ive done it twice & had a great time,both times.the kids will enjoy it.
Tracy x
Old 21 Mar 18, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Imagineer

We loved the Rockettes show too - and a tour of Radio City Music Hall with a photo with a Rockette at the end. That was fun too, but so many things to do in NYC. Enjoy!

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 18, 04:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We loved it but it's freezing but much preferable to the summer we were roasted in September when we went for DS wedding
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 18, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
kellwall
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by tracy99 View Post
Are you doing the rockettes Christmas show,at radio city.we all thoroughly enjoyed it & I would definitely go again,if I was to return in Dec.
Also look at the ride.ive done it twice & had a great time,both times.the kids will enjoy it.
Tracy x
Yes hoping to do Rockettes. Read a few mixed reviews about The Ride so am unsure on that one
kellwall is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
kellwall
Excited about Disney

Mobile

DH passport renewal came back Friday so esta completed today and authorised really quick.
Old 22 Apr 18, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker100
VIP Dibber

We’re also considering NY for Xmas too! Going to decide after Florida so will be looking out for flight and hotel bargains!
Old 23 Apr 18, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bevawelly
Excited about Disney

Another recommendation for the Rockettes and also The Nutcracker - it was magical
Bevawelly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List