Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 18 Apr 18, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

Whilst we thought the football itself wasn’t great-the atmosphere at OC was amazing. The crowd didn’t stop singing from start to finish and our game went on for hours as kept getting paused due to lightning! We sat behind the goal with the die hard fans and their support was better than anything I’ve ever seen at a Premiership game. We prebooked our parking through ticketmaster when we bought our tickets but was a couple of years ago so not sure if still an option?
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 06:02 AM  
Link to this Post
ianc
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
The OC games are OK, but if you are expecting a premier league experience you will be dissapointed, the standard is more top end league one / bottom of championship.

It's also expensive for what it is and you can see loads of live sport in the UK, so if only doing one day of sport in the holiday I'd stick to an American staple like basketball, hockey, American football or baseball - something they are good at
There are 2 problems with your suggestion about other sports:
1. The OP already has the soccer ticket.
2. From the countdown he is going in Sept when only one of your suggestions is actually in season: baseball, and the nearest 'Major' team for that is in Tampa, which limits options to soccer if not wanting to travel away from Orlando.
ianc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 06:09 AM  
Link to this Post
ianc
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by COL41 View Post
We sat behind the goal with the die hard fans and their support was better than anything I’ve ever seen at a Premiership game. We prebooked our parking through ticketmaster when we bought our tickets but was a couple of years ago so not sure if still an option?
If you went 2 years ago, you went to the Camping World Stadium. OCSC now has its own proper football style stadium (with a roof!) about 2 blocks from the Amway Center. It doesn't have its own parking - you just use the downtown garages, so you don't use Ticketmaster. You can't 'sit' with the diehard fans behind the goal, as it 'safe standing' there - no seats.
Apart from all that, you were right.
ianc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by ianc View Post
There are 2 problems with your suggestion about other sports:
1. The OP already has the soccer ticket.
2. From the countdown he is going in Sept when only one of your suggestions is actually in season: baseball, and the nearest 'Major' team for that is in Tampa, which limits options to soccer if not wanting to travel away from Orlando.
Personally I'd choose baseball over any sport for a great afternoon or evening of entertainment but I take your point I didn't look at the OP timeline before posting
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ianc View Post
If you went 2 years ago, you went to the Camping World Stadium. OCSC now has its own proper football style stadium (with a roof!) about 2 blocks from the Amway Center. It doesn't have its own parking - you just use the downtown garages, so you don't use Ticketmaster. You can't 'sit' with the diehard fans behind the goal, as it 'safe standing' there - no seats.
Apart from all that, you were right.
I hope the atmosphere is still as good. At least I now know should we be fortunate enough to return
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Pottermus
Proud to wear my Ears

I was just been looking at the sports tickets section on Attraction Tickets Direct to respond to a NFL ticket query and noticed they have Orlando City Soccer with and without transportation... could be a good option if you don't want the hassle of driving.

I noticed the club/team/franchise(!) market themselves as more of a 'British football' experience... not sure whether this is a good or bad thing! But seriously, what is the atmosphere like?
Pottermus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List