Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 7 Apr 18, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Sally42
Imagineer

Mobile Florida including a cruise

We are planning for December and would love to include a cruise (not a Disney one)

Looking at Royal Caribbean from Tampa for just 5 nights, and having 5 nights prior and 4 nights after, and ideally be back in the UK by 22/12.
Has anyone any tips or advice for us please?

Sally x
Sally42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Get prices from a US travel agent. I have found they generally have better prices.
Old 7 Apr 18, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Sally42
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
Get prices from a US travel agent. I have found they generally have better prices.
Even better than than direct from the cruise line itself?

Silly Q - where so I find an American travel agent!
Sally42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sally42 View Post
Even better than than direct from the cruise line itself?
Yes, because the UK prices do not reflect the US ones unless they have a very good offer on.

I'm not sure if we can recommend non disney TA's on here.
Old 7 Apr 18, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

We did this in January, 7 nights at Universal and 7 night cruise with Royal Caribbean on Oasis of the Seas from Port Canaveral, was brilliant, we just booked through a UK agent and all went so smoothly.
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

We booked one for this July through an American website, phoned them up (UK Freephone number but American office), paid in dollars and got a good deal. We looked at various sites before booking, found that going through them we got better deal than direct with cruise line.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Imagineer

I used michelle@mei-travel.com to book our Disney Cruise but she does other cruises (she came recommended and she was great at communicating and we had no issues, did everything via email) - but you should price up both ways. [If I can't recommend, please remove - don't want to break any rules]

We've just booked our second Norwegian cruise and while the prices are a bit lower in the US, it's not low enough to cover the extras included in the UK price (if you want those extras of course) - all drinks (soft and alcohol, some specialty dining, some internet, tips/gratuities mostly covered, etc). So, I've booked the second through NCL directly. The drinks package is sometimes included in the US as a special offer, but if you have to pay for it it's something like $89 per person per day and everyone in the cabin has to have it - or you have to pay for your drinks. Depends what - and how much you drink, for instance, how long the cruise, how much at sea/on board ship, etc etc.

However, I'm going with people again so need it organised.

If it was just me and the OH, and I could go last minute I'd be looking for a bargain with the likes of vacationstogo etc.

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Mobile

I booked a 5 night RCI cruise from Tampa departing August. The Uk price was £1700 so I booked through a US agent for less than $1400.
Katnic1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List