Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 10 Apr 18, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by phl View Post
Well, to be honest, I did not think about children. Because then you are absolutely right of course. I don't have children yet, but assume they do not enjoy sitting around in a table restaurant, having fancy food when they could choose something like french fries, perhaps even with characters walking around instead.
This is France, where five year olds eat veal and foie gras! We have seen young children at the fanciest restaurants in DLP, sitting quietly and eating what would be considered very fancy over here.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 18, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Adcro
Serious Dibber

Walt's on Main Street. Good memories there, plus good food and really beautiful surroundings!

We liked Blue Lagoon a lot, but it's now Captain Jack's, and we haven't been there since he took over!
Adcro is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 18, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sallybunny
Excited about Disney

Bistrot Chez Remy has been the best meal we've had at DLP.
Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show was the most fun.
Colonel Hathi's Pizza Outpost is the one we always go to for our last meal.
Crocket's Tavern is worth the trip for the buffet.
Fantasia Lounge is lovely for a cocktail stop!
Golden Nugget used to be the best value but I haven't been since it was upgraded to TS.
Old 13 Apr 18, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
LufcDeb
Imagineer

Counter Service:
Chalet de la Marionette, the chicken&chips are good
Earl of Sandwich, made to order so if you don't like something you can ask for it without, its good value too

Table Service:
The Steakhouse in The Village, we always go here once per trip
Rainforest Cafe, always had a good meal in here, never been overly busy
King Ludwigs, we had really nice burgers in here, from the outside it looks a tiny restaurant, but its actually huge inside, plus the happy hour is great!

Places I avoid:
Buffet restaurants
Cafe Hyperion, always huge queues and the food is lukewarm

I do want to try Vapiano next time, gets good reviews and food is made fresh to order

Debs
LufcDeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 18, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by sallybunny View Post
Golden Nugget used to be the best value but I haven't been since it was upgraded to TS.
I wouldn't class Lucky Nugget as a TS. It's still CS - you pay beforehand and the menu is CS food. But they do bring it to your table which is nice.

It's pricey for a CS meal but it's a beautiful setting in the saloon and you get to watch puppet shows and entertainment while you eat.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
kadypants
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by phl View Post
I will never understand why people prefer things like Vapiano over Disney-specific restaurants. I already don't get it in "normal" cities when people go to McDonalds or similar things instead of trying some local restaurants which have good ratings, but in Disneyland? Okay, yes, you know what you get, the prices are reasonable and it tastes like in every other Vapiano in the world, but is this the experience you are looking for?

I don't want to rant or anything like that, I really do not understand that. There are so many places in Disneyland Paris you cannot visit anywhere else, but you go for some restaurant chain you find in every city around the world. Can somebody enlighten me about that?
I agree to some extent. But i've never seen a Vapianos in the UK, let alone been to one. I've equally never been to Rainforest Cafe or Planet Hollywood in the UK. So for us these are places that are different. We don't necessarily view them as chains in the same respect as, say, McDonalds or Five Guys.

Thanks for all the responses everyone. Definitely giving us food for thought (ahem!)
kadypants is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
vickisocks
Having Dinner with Goofy

My kids loved Chez Remy, and so did myself and hubby. The theming and the food was excellent.
Hunters grill was also fantastic.
Lucky Nugget we went to to watch the show and ended up having lunch there. Nothing to complain about.
We didn’t enjoy Agrabah and we are all really good eaters who eat most things, but this just wasn’t for us.
Vicki x x
vickisocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Lilminx
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Noone has mentioned Cafe des Cascadeurs in the Studios. it's taken me 7 trips but it was finally open on my last trip. highly recommend. the burger was the best I've had in a long time anywhere. it's a cross between sit down and counter service. you're served at your seat but prices are only €15.

also like Annettes Diner we vist a few times a trip.

rainforest cafe and planet Hollywood are awful.

we have a Vapianos where I live and I like the food but hate the set up so wouldn't visit the one in DLP.

2020 victim of Covid
Lilminx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List