Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 11 Apr 18, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsB87
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Isis View Post
Ok sorry when you said the hotel was £156 for 2 nights I assumed you were getting the tickets separately not as a package. Have a great time x
Oh sorry, we are doing it separately.

Hotel: £156
Tickets: £228
Ferry: £85

Total of £469 - just built my own package
MrsB87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 18, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Does it definitely have to be one day / two nights? Obviously it depends on the offers available, and how many are going, but we paid just over £600 for five days / four nights in the school holidays, staying onsite in a Disney hotel and including tickets for 2 adults and 2 children, (plus we used Tesco vouchers for the tunnel crossing.) I know the total cost is more, but for the £200 extra, the extra four days and the EMH, and being able to walk to the parks will be well worth it for us.

Having said that, I know that shorter visits always seem to work out much more expensive per day, so if you’re tied to the shorter visit, then you’ve got a good deal.

Alternatively, if you don’t mind driving to DLP from your hotel, you could go further afield. The B&B at Bussy was full of people going to Disney when we stopped there for our first night on our first holiday. It cost us €80 a night for four in August, but I think it was around 10 miles to DLP, and then you’d have to pay for parking, (or use the RER and pay for train tickets) so might not be worth the small amount you’d save.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsB87
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
Does it definitely have to be one day / two nights? Obviously it depends on the offers available, and how many are going, but we paid just over £600 for five days / four nights in the school holidays, staying onsite in a Disney hotel and including tickets for 2 adults and 2 children, (plus we used Tesco vouchers for the tunnel crossing.) I know the total cost is more, but for the £200 extra, the extra four days and the EMH, and being able to walk to the parks will be well worth it for us.

Having said that, I know that shorter visits always seem to work out much more expensive per day, so if you’re tied to the shorter visit, then you’ve got a good deal.

Alternatively, if you don’t mind driving to DLP from your hotel, you could go further afield. The B&B at Bussy was full of people going to Disney when we stopped there for our first night on our first holiday. It cost us €80 a night for four in August, but I think it was around 10 miles to DLP, and then you’d have to pay for parking, (or use the RER and pay for train tickets) so might not be worth the small amount you’d save.
Since writing it's now actually going to be 3 nights in Paris rather than staying in Folkestone one night then 2 nights in Paris. Four nights would be too many though. Our total cost with Eurotunnel, 3 nights and tickets is now about £600. I have had a look at Disney hotels but can't see anything less than around £950ish in Davey Crocket and then £121 for the tunnel so still seems the best deal for us. I would be open to looking at any other Disney hotel deals if the price was better and someone could tell me where else to look but like I say I haven't managed to find any. We also used all our Tesco points for airmiles before a couple of months back before deciding to do this trip so will have to pay for the tunnel unfortunately.
MrsB87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 06:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
There are lots of hotels within a 10 minute journey of DLP, particularly if you have a car. L'Elysee, Ibis Val d'Europe, Adagio to name a few. There are even some that are walkable - try Hipark Serris.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsB87
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
There are lots of hotels within a 10 minute journey of DLP, particularly if you have a car. L'Elysee, Ibis Val d'Europe, Adagio to name a few. There are even some that are walkable - try Hipark Serris.
We are booking the Novotel. X
Old 19 Apr 18, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Wow, very nice! Out of my budget, we go cheap and cheerful offsite.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsB87
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Wow, very nice! Out of my budget, we go cheap and cheerful offsite.
It is cheap and cheerful 😂 3 nights for four including breakfast at £280. That's gone up from £255 since we first started looking!
Old 21 Apr 18, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsB87
Imagineer

Mobile

All booked now and definitely cheap and cheerful. The Novotel ended up costing £253 for 2 adults and 2 children for three nights, including breakfast. Really can't complain at that. Just the Disney tickets to get nearer the time now. Hoping for some lovely weather so that the kids can use the outdoor pool.
Old 8 May 18, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
jocesk
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Really would not go for a day and spend that amount of money. you should the French site. I have booked mid July 2 adults and 2 children for 2 nights dcr £560
jocesk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MrsB87 View Post
All booked now and definitely cheap and cheerful. The Novotel ended up costing £253 for 2 adults and 2 children for three nights, including breakfast. Really can't complain at that. Just the Disney tickets to get nearer the time now. Hoping for some lovely weather so that the kids can use the outdoor pool.
We’re there from 26th so might bump into you! My DD birthday is 27th so we’ll be having birthday dinner in the Disneyland hotel. Ratatouille ride is closed from 27th to 31st but we’ll catch it before it closes, that’s all I can see atm for clousures. Enjoy! Love DLP!
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List