Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Apr 18, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Rob was moved into Edinburgh Royal yesterday,hoping to get stents put in today but worrying that it's more than stents that are needed.It has been a crap couple of days,I collected his Mum's ashes yesterday and today should have been my final breast clinic appt and mammogram before hopefully being signed off after reaching my 10 years from cancer diagnosis..had to cancel as I'll be in Edinburgh.Things can only get better eh?

Edited at 07:40 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

Just wanted to say im thinking of you and sending lots of positive thoughts for your husbands speedy recovery.
natanddaz is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh Linda, I really feel for you. Fingers crossed all goes well for your hubby today and you get a new appointment arranged soon for yourself.
10 years ago - wow!
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

I so sorry 2018 has been a bad year so far for us as well I hope your husband makes a full recovery.
Old 25 Apr 18, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Rossalino
Apprentice Imagineer

Oh no you poor thing, it must feel like nothing's going right at the moment. Everyone has bad times in their life, as you know only too well from 10 years ago but there's a good chance that this time in a couple of weeks, your husband will be making a good recovery and you will have had the all clear and then you can then look forward to your holiday. I know it's easy to say when you're not the person going through it but all you can do at the moment is take one day at a time and fingers crossed you'll soon be enjoying happier times. x
Rossalino is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
pandanne
Imagineer

Linda - he's in the best place possible. I had open heart surgery to fit a mechanical heart valve at the ERI 6 years ago at the age of 52, and they were fantastic. Flew to Florida 6 months after the op, and do all the coasters. Only things I'm not allowed to go on are the "drop" type rides like ToT. Fingers crossed it all goes well for Rob, and you get the 10 year "all clear" at your next appointment. xx
Old 25 Apr 18, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
Rob was moved into Edinburgh Royal yesterday,hoping to get stents put in today but worrying that it's more than stents that are needed.It has been a crap couple of days,I collected his Mum's ashes yesterday and today should have been my final breast clinic appt and mammogram before hopefully being signed off after reaching my 10 years from cancer diagnosis..had to cancel as I'll be in Edinburgh.Things can only get better eh?
I really hope things go well today Linda , such a worrying time for you and I know words of comfort are simply that and don't stop the worry but he is in good hands , a couple of months down the line and he will feel so much better than he did for the past few months .
Take care of yourself too as all this is putting a great strain on you , try and think positive thoughts , hard I know but hopefully you will get positive news today and can start to move forwards .
Thinking of you both
Linda xxx
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I am so sorry you have to cancel, my mum passed away and I want to cancel but my family want to go. I wish your dh all the best and you can re book again soon, life sucks sometimes.
Old 26 Apr 18, 12:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Adcro
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
Last night my lovely husband had a heart attack..he's in ICU but doing well and I hope being in the right place he'll be fine.We are gutted we've had to cancel but the Dr said today that no way we can go..I know it's just a holiday and health comes first but it still hurts.This has been the most awful year so far as Robs Mum's funeral was 4 weeks ago too..it's a good job we don't know what's around the corner.
I'm so sorry to hear this Sending our very best wishes to you and your family.
Adcro is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Sorry to hear this, wishing him a speedy recovery.

Just read the update - is it really 10 years! Wow.

Edited at 09:58 PM.
Scotty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List