Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 20 Apr 18, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Alamo skip the counter

Hiya
I did online check in last night. Do I also need to do skip the counter? Can I go straight to the garage if I don't. Not sure..
TIA
M x

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

where are you collecting from ?

if you don't collect at MCO or MIA then the answer is no, you need to go to the desk/kiosk

If you collect at MCO or MIA, then does your Onlice Check In receipt bear a barcode at the top.
If it does, then you're good to go to the garage.

If it doesn't, then you need to do the skip the counter bit.
(I have a rental in 2 weeks booked through Andy at DFCH, my OLCI email did come without a barcode)

you either have a skip the counter link at the top right of your OLCI confirmation page, or on your confirmation email.

if you don't, then you need to go back to OLCI, submit it again on a PC with a standard browser (chrome, firefox, for example)
once completed, leave the OLCI tab open, and open antother tab and go to alamo/en_US/car-rent...in/bypass.html with the OLCI tab still open

your information should be populated on the bypass page
complete the forms, enter credit card info, and you're done
you will be able to print your skip the counter receipt and go straight to the garage

ETA : for the record, many here advise that OLCI is enough to go to the garage, this is true if you have the barcode, but as you may see from the picture below, the OLCI confirmation is broken and does not always display the barcode
here is how mine looks

so let's just repeat that YOU NEED THE BARCODE (sorry not screaming, just emphasizing )

Edited at 09:37 AM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. The system can be a dream to do, there again it can be twitchy in the extreme!

I did OLCI last week, the Skip the Counter tab opened up fine but it would not give me the payment box so I could enter my credit card and authorise the fuel to bring it back empty.
Two day later it did. Most bizarre.

Once you have done OLCI you should get an E Mail and a few lines down it should see a blue box with a link to do Skip the Counter. This is the norm.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 10:05 AM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

okay, I have a barcode! Its at the top of the printed olci confirmation voucher. What happens at the garage if you haven't done the stc and entered card details that way?

Thank you!

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
okay, I have a barcode! Its at the top of the printed olci confirmation voucher. What happens at the garage if you haven't done the stc and entered card details that way?

Thank you!
You will be fine and already are good to go. As per Chmurf etc, the barcode is the key to avoiding the rental desks.
Straight to the garage will work for you and the exit barrier Guys will sort out any extras such as fuel etc.

But, triple check the paperwork they generate at the barrier and hand to you. I care not how many cars are behind me! I check I have had my licence, credit card and the correct invoice back.

Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Yes, that last advice was the best

OP don't panic at the exit barrier. Take your time. Don't be concerned by the other cars behind you. As I once said, they're on vacations, they can wait while you do your own business :p
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

thanks but... unfortunately I'm not the driver... DH is and is not one for taking his time... if there is a car behind him, he will go as fast as he can in order to not hold anyone up and look like he is making a scene... its v annoying... but its the way he is and I cannot change that! do you think I should so stc bit because of this so he doesn't have to be faffing with his card on exit? Sorry for all the q's...

Old 20 Apr 18, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

he will need to give his card at the barrier no matter what

StC is just a way to speed the process up by checking the card is valid

but you'll still need to give the StC (or OLCI) paper, license, and Credit Card at the exit gate. This doesn't change.
Old 20 Apr 18, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
tka
slightly serious Dibber

tka's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3
what about sorting out the tolls? or should we just pay as we go along?
Old 20 Apr 18, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by tka View Post
what about sorting out the tolls? or should we just pay as we go along?
Thats a whole different ball game and depends who the car is rented from. Let me know and I will advise you the best way. Also are you going far? Miami, the Keys, Naples etc?