Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 21 Apr 18, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
angel191078
VIP Dibber

Key West Airport

Hi Everyone

I am in the process of planning our holiday to Florida next year and want to do as many different things as possible. We will be flying into Sanford from Doncaster(amazing) and are considering getting a flight from MCO to key west and seeing some of the keys. Has anyone done this? Whats the airport like? Is it easy to pick up a car from there>

Many Thanks

angel191078 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 18, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by angel191078 View Post
Hi Everyone

I am in the process of planning our holiday to Florida next year and want to do as many different things as possible. We will be flying into Sanford from Doncaster(amazing) and are considering getting a flight from MCO to key west and seeing some of the keys. Has anyone done this? Whats the airport like? Is it easy to pick up a car from there>

Many Thanks
my nephew flew into key west on monday, didn't seem to have any issues, would you not drive, it took them 4hrs from key west to miami, lovely drive he said, had to days in keys first, pics look fab we are going to do it next year as looks great
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We've flown from KW airport many times. We always drive there but hate the drive leaving so we now fly.
Car hire - although Alamo says airport, it is not onsite, it's the other side of the island! Just a short taxi journey away - as everywhere is on KW. I'm trying to remember car hire desks that I've seen - definitely dollar and avis
Parking can be problematic in KW so if you're staying on the island I would check out the hotels parking arrangements. You don't need a car in KW but as you're planning on exploring the other keys then a car is a good idea.cann recommend turtle hospital on marathon and theatre of the seas.
We're visiting for the 6gh time in November - should be 7th but Irma caused us to rearrange our plans last year.
My boss is driving to KW today... im not jealous at all!

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Key West airport is so tiny its fab , they have the smallest luggage belt I've ever seen.
We flew there from Miami though not MCO but it will be the same.
We hired from Hertz at the time and that was on site.
We didnt use the car down there , just used it to drive back to Naples for the second part of the holiday.
Key west is very walkable so we didnt bother with needing to find parking etc.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Raggyavn
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Surely part of the magic of Key West is the drive down?
Raggyavn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
angel191078
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Raggyavn View Post
Surely part of the magic of Key West is the drive down?
We were planning to drive back just didn't fancy the long drive from Orlando. So looking at flying one way

angel191078 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Originally Posted by angel191078 View Post
We were planning to drive back just didn't fancy the long drive from Orlando. So looking at flying one way
I would drive down and fly back then, the drive down is much easier as you get the boring bit over first, then from Miami down it is interesting and pretty - coming back you have the boring bit as you are stating to get tired
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
I would drive down and fly back then, the drive down is much easier as you get the boring bit over first, then from Miami down it is interesting and pretty - coming back you have the boring bit as you are stating to get tired
Second this! We drive there and fly out

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List