Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 25 Apr 18, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
carolmc
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
The problem is that you won't know if it is an issue until you actually have an issue.
Being Irish too that's always been my worry. I did try to find out in advance if there would be an issue - but no real concrete answer. So even though they've been cheaper than most others available I've not booked with them.

I wonder if anyone has had a problem following an accident/mishap?
Old 25 Apr 18, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Rowlf
Imagineer

As far as I can see Alamo Brits is simply a marketing device from Alamo and the publishers of the guidebook to make extra sales for both sides. It doesn't actually specify your nationality anywhere (does it?) just that you're meant to have bought the book - which of course is never checked.

When you get there the guys at the Alamo depots aren't interested in the least about your nationality or reading preferences. They just want to sell you as many upgrades and extras as they can then get you off the premises in your car.
Old 25 Apr 18, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by carolmc View Post
Being Irish too that's always been my worry. I did try to find out in advance if there would be an issue - but no real concrete answer. So even though they've been cheaper than most others available I've not booked with them.

I wonder if anyone has had a problem following an accident/mishap?
There’s no problem at all. There is no such thing as Alamo Brits

There’s alamo.co.uk and then a discount applied. There’s loads of discounts (The Dibb has one)

Your booking is with Alamo so as long as you put your nationality right and your licence correct, you’re good to go

I’ve booked for this year. Booked with Andy last year. No problems being Irish at all
Old 25 Apr 18, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have used them 4 times no problem. Just check out Virgin car hire they were half the price for me this year. Had to ring to book as their website looks for a UK postcode but I booked over the phone. Its Alamo and you can still do Savetime.
Ciano is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Just to say lovely to see so many Irish around! ☘☘☘
Old 25 Apr 18, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
kissimee
Gone all Goofy

kissimee's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
The older Alamo brits website did mention it was only for UK license holders but this is not shown anywhere on the new site from what I can remember. As mentioned previously when you are checking in online and entering your drivers license details it to defaults to UK as county issuing license but this can be changed to any country.
Have never had an issue using them.
Sorry. Just checked the T&C on front page on website and it does mention Available for holders of UK drivers licences only - not available for US or Canadians ? Does this exclude other European citizens?

Edited at 08:27 AM. Reason: Addition
kissimee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List