Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Apr 18, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinkie1983
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Unless you are in default then the landlord would almost certainly not be granted early possession.

Be aware the landlord could in theory go to the county court then straight to the high court as soon as the section 21 notice expires to then get immediate possession. If they went to the High Court you wouldn't necessarily know until the sheriffs turn up at your door and you would have to leave that day...
I think we will defo move before (hopefully)
Pinkie1983 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Welly
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Is the date correct on the notice?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Welly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

The Shelter website is a great source of information regarding section 21 notices - lots of practical advice. They also have a helpline.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Pinkie1983
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Welly View Post
Is the date correct on the notice?
It is
Pinkie1983 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jmt View Post
Don't worry, a landlord cannot do anything before the expiry of the Section 21. If you did not move out, they would apply for a court date and when I had to evict someone it was another 8 week wait just to go to court. There is also the issue that the Section 21 may not have been served correctly (deposit protected correctly etc.) - but that is a whole new can of worms!
I don't know why you are encouraging somebody to act in this way. I have been a landlord when I worked overseas, so not a "professional" landlord. I had somebody trash my house, not pay rent and I had to go to court to get them out. It cost me many thousands of pounds overall. Yet you seem to be encouraging this. I don't know why you feel somebody deserves to be treated like that. Glad to see Op is not looking to do that however.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinkie1983
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I don't know why you are encouraging somebody to act in this way. I have been a landlord when I worked overseas, so not a "professional" landlord. I had somebody trash my house, not pay rent and I had to go to court to get them out. It cost me many thousands of pounds overall. Yet you seem to be encouraging this. I don't know why you feel somebody deserves to be treated like that. Glad to see Op is not looking to do that however.
I don't think they were encouraging me to do this. Just using it as reassurance that nothing will happen before then.

We really want to be out before they want us out I was just panicking about the timeframe.

I obviously don't know why they want the property back, they could be in difficulty for all I know.
Old 27 Apr 18, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
jmt
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I don't think you read my post properly. I was not encouraging, merely implying not to worry, go on holiday and enjoy yourself. Over the years I have seen the good, bad and the ugly side of being a landlord. The majority of tenants are good and honest, but I've also had a property trashed and more recently had to use the eviction process so am aware of the timescales just because that particular tenant wanted a council house.
jmt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 18, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mobile

If you are concerned your local council should be able to advise you on your rights as tennants and the section 21 notice.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 18, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Don't worry - you'll be fine.

My house purchase fell through because tenants didn't/wouldnt move out after the section 21 deadline 🤨
Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 18, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

my eldest has found a flat Tuesday , the said he can move in next week !