Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 Apr 18, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

We stayed at a few deluxe resorts many years ago while the exchange rate was near $2 to £1. Once it dropped, we had no choice but to start going moderate. We stayed at POFQ and PORS for 3 years, then last year we managed to get AKL for the same price as PORS.
We loved AKL, but we both agree that unless the price was similar then we would easily go to PO again. For the time you actually spend in the resort, we would spend the money elsewhere.
AKL serious lacks in the QS area, but PORS has an amazing QS area.
Depends how you will eat.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
which was been you fav Clare ..
I have 2 BWI and WL, however my stay at WL was pre the DVC expansion and I'm not sure if the increased footfall will have affected the 'quietness'?
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post

No I would not put off a trip in order to "save up" for a deluxe resort. I do book deluxe resorts but that is because I am in my late 40s, have the hard years behind me and am now in a position to do so. I have always lived within my means, done my holidays according to the budget that is right for my circumstances.

So over the years I have done 1*, 2*, 3* etc. We are dead a long time, I will splash out if I can afford it, but I would not go without one year in order to spend money on something that is not really within budget another year.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Clare View Post
I have 2 BWI and WL, however my stay at WL was pre the DVC expansion and I'm not sure if the increased footfall will have affected the 'quietness'?
Assuming you mean the Copper Creek, no it hasn't increased footfall much as the majority is converted hotel rooms and the bungalows are often half empty.
Old 26 Apr 18, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Assuming you mean the Copper Creek, no it hasn't increased footfall much as the majority is converted hotel rooms and the bungalows are often half empty.
Interesting thank you, I'll let one of my US friends know, she's a 'super fan' of WL and used to go 2-3 times a year but since the changes had stayed at the YC (totally different of course to WL) but was apprehensive of booking as like me she thought the feel of the resort may change iykwim.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Clare View Post
Interesting thank you, I'll let one of my US friends know, she's a 'super fan' of WL and used to go 2-3 times a year but since the changes had stayed at the YC (totally different of course to WL) but was apprehensive of booking as like me she thought the feel of the resort may change iykwim.
It's nicer now with the new pool and the new bar Geyser Point.
Old 26 Apr 18, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
It's nicer now with the new pool and the new bar Geyser Point.
Thanks good to hear
Old 26 Apr 18, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
So over the years I have done 1*, 2*, 3* etc. We are dead a long time, I will splash out if I can afford it, but I would not go without one year in order to spend money on something that is not really within budget another year.
This is a good point, I'm very similar. Always live within your means. We used to stay on 192 far end, Rodeway Inn etc, I was just grateful I could get to Florida. I remember me and Mrs YT walking through Boardwalk and thinking these people are lucky to be staying here.
But we were just as happy.
Even going to Florida was a distant dream for me as a boy. My pal went whose dad was a wealthy architect, and I listened in wonder to his stories in 1980.
Old 27 Apr 18, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you all for taking the time to respond... it has given us ‘food for thought’! It’s our 10 year anniversary in August 2020 (and hubby proposed in front of Cinderella’s castle ❤️) so it would be super special to go back to celebrate! I’ll no doubt enjoy another year of research before booking up
Old 27 Apr 18, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post

we have stayed in Value - Deluxe

Values were great fun, big bold and full on disney, we loved them

Mods - nice resorts, a little more subtle than the Values

Deluxe - well we love OKW ( i know not a deluxe in the same way as the GF or POLY ) stayed at AKV, where the theming was great and the Savannah view was special
Staying at the Poly this trip and looking forward to it

The thing is though, from our point of view, we spend so little time in the resort, get up, shower, grab a quick breakfast pastries and out the door we go, we return late at night and clean our teeth ( and shower ) and into bed, so what is the real point of us staying in deluxe resorts over Values ? ? ? we honestly dont know, the food courts are much better in Values aswell
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List