Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 31 Oct 16, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
kel5al
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Great report looking forward to next update
kel5al is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 16, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggersmum
Apprentice Imagineer

I have enjoyed reading your reports and seeing the photos, looking forward to the next installment.

Edited to add: How much were your Uber journeys?

Edited at 09:27 PM.
tiggersmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 16, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by tiggersmum View Post
I have enjoyed reading your reports and seeing the photos, looking forward to the next installment.

Edited to add: How much were your Uber journeys?
Thanks! And depends with Uber...to Teak from Universal was $7 and from Teak to Rosen was $9. And Rosen to Universal was under $6.
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 16, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks everybody and I'm so sorry for the lack of updates. Been ill and very busy.

Should have an update tomorrow
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 16, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by debojahh View Post
Thanks everybody and I'm so sorry for the lack of updates. Been ill and very busy.

Should have an update tomorrow
Looking forward to it, thanks. Hope you're feeling better
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 16, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Great start. We loved teeks too.looking forward to reading more. 🙂
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 16, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

So sorry it has been so long without an update. Been super busy at work and had no spare time!

Day 3-22nd September

We woke up at 7am but had a chilled morning where I wrote up some notes etc. We left at 9am to go for breakfast.

Perkins
We walked to Perkins in about 10 minutes, we were seated straight away and it got a lot busier while we were in there!
We started with drinks, I got OJ and Arron got milk.

Arron ordered the Everything omelette with toast and fruit.

The Everything is 'Grilled ham, mushrooms, green peppers, tomatoes, onions and American cheese.' Arron really enjoyed it, and I think having fruit was a nice change.

I ordered the Build-your-own breakfast with:sausage links, eggs sunny side up, fruit and a banana nut muffin.

This was nice, eggs were runnier than i'm used to and unfortunately the muffin was a bit dry but it was plenty of food.

This was $32 including tip so definitely reasonable.

Drinks

We were in Universal and it was really hot so around 11:45 we grabbed drinks which were $10.44 for both a water and a Bud lite.

AMC Citywalk
We decided to see the 1:35pm showing of Don't Breathe so grabbed a 24oz Bud, Sour Patch kidz and a 40oz(! ) Blue raspberry Icee.

This Icee is one of the biggest drinks i've ever seen, it was like a small bucket This was about $17 for the 3 items.

Lone Palm
After the cinema we stopped here for a drink I had a Coke and Arron had a Bud.

Margaritaville
We got here around 5:30 after going to Islands for a while. When we got to Margaritaville the inside was closed for a private event so we were put on the terrace area.
Arron got an Incommunicado and I had a Don't Stop the carnival.

'Margaritaville Gold tequila and Silver rum, vodka, gin and triple sec, sweet & sour, cranberry and pineapple juices with a splash of grenadine'

'Margaritaville Silver rum blended with strawberry, banana and mango purées'

Both drinks were ace, and mine was so fruity.

We then ordered Lavalava shrimp, a Zombie and a Perfect Margarita.

'Golden fried and drizzled with our chili and lime spiked aioli'

'Margaritaville Silver rum, BACARDI® 151° rum, apricot brandy, our house-made sweet & sour, orange and pineapple juices'

'Margaritaville Gold and Silver Tequilas, triple sec, orange curaçao and lime juice served on the rocks... for margarita aficionados only'

The shrimp is a little spicy because of the sauce, but the shrimp are so tasty. They are so good. And both these drinks are a little strong for me!
This was around $70.

We left here and went into HHN. Because we had done Citywalk security we managed to get straight in with no extra security.

Drinks
We both got drinks in souvenir glasses at HHN. Arron got a whiskey and coke and I had Chance's Curse...which tastes a lot like a Purple Rain.

Mine was really nice, just a little sweet, these were $25 with the glass included.

Louie's
I think Arron had a couple more drinks and we were heading out just before midnight, so as always we ended up grabbing pizza at Louie's.

I had Pepperoni and Arron had supreme.

We grabbed an Uber after this and were back at our hotel around 12:30.

P.S. Seems like a very drink oriented day, it was but unintentionally!

Edited at 03:13 PM.
Old 17 Nov 16, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

And another update...

Day 4-23rd September
Up at 8am today and chilled a bit, we went to the hotel shop for food.

Breakfast
We got 2% milk for Arron, chocolate milk for me and Smores poptarts. Was $5.41 altogether.

No photos though!

This morning we checked in Hard Rock for a couple of nights and picked up our FOLP passes before 11am. We were planning to have a big dinner later on so early lunch/snacks.

Florean Fortescue
No photos here either but I got a cup of sticky toffee pudding and apple crumble ice cream was $6 and super tasty, the apple crumble was so nice with big chunks and the better of the two!

Burger Digs
We ended up here relatively soon after the ice cream and got chicken tenders with fries and toppings.

Arron loved all the toppings and the chicken was ok but pretty generic theme park fare! This with a Miller lite was about $18.

Bubba Gump
We checked into Hard Rock and headed back out to Bubba Gump. I love Bubba Gump and we've been a couple of times in London too! I also had my $25 Landry credit to use here.
We were seated straightaway and started with drinks, I ordered a Starboard Sunrise(Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, DeKuyper
Peachtree Schnapps and tropical
fruit juices $9.99) and Arron got a Coronarita(Our traditional margarita with a squeeze of fresh lime
juice topped with a Coronita Extra. Also available
watermelon flavored or tropical blue. The shaker goes
home with you $15.99)

We always love the drinks in here, mine is fruity as always and Arron just loves margaritas!

Arron got a Tennesee iced tea(Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey,
sweet & sour with a splash of Pepsi 11.99) and I got an Alabama Southern punch(Absolut Citron Vodka, Disaronno, Dole
Pineapple Juice and Ocean Spray Cranberry
Juice. 9.99). No photo of mine but here is Arron's...

For food I got the Forrest's Seafood feast(Hand breaded Fried Shrimp, Fish & Chips and our made from scratch Seafood Hush Pups. Served with Fries and our homemade dippin’ sauces, Tartar, Cocktail and
Remoulade. 20.99) I love their hush pups so was very excited about these!

Looks quite beige but the fish was all lovely and hush pups were still the best thing ever!
And Arron had Jenny's Catch(Pan Seared Tilapia laid over Mashed Potatoes with Sautéed Spinach and a creamy Lobster Butter Sauce made from scratch. 19.99)

And finally we had a Bubba's blue Hawaiian(Vodka, Castillo Silver Rum, gin, DeKuyper Blue Curacao, and Dole Pineapple Juice topped with Sierra Mist. 8.99) and a strawberry Louisiana lemonade(Bacardi Limón Citrus Rum, Tropicana Lemonade with your choice of strawberries or blueberries. 12.99)

We swapped with each other as we didn't like our own choices

Loved it here as usual and left $85.44 although I just realised they overcharged me!

We headed to HHN for the evening after this but no more updates. Possibly more drinks were consumed!

Might be one more update today...if not maybe Sunday!

Edited at 03:17 PM.
Old 19 Nov 16, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Really enjoying the report so far.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 16, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the updates, love Bubba Gump's
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List