Great report, thanks for sharing
Old 4 Feb 17, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great food report thanks for sharing
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 17, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Fab report, lots of food for thought so to speak! Love the look of the steak at the Yachtsman, eve not done a signature before so might have to look into it!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Great report.

The Croissant sandwich was a highlight

Thanks for sharing.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 17, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotscraig View Post
We woke early and after a quick look around All Star Movies, we made our way to WL and checked in and then drove to FW for our breakfast at Trails End.

We ate here last year for dinner and were a bit disappointed however decided to give breakfast a go and it was much better with lots of choice (including lots of sugar!). I’ll let the photos (including the buffet pictures) do the talking but the pulled pork and cinnamon pudding were the standouts.

As you can see we even remembered our own 'broon' sauce...

The buffet in all it's glory...

Full to the brim we paid using our first TS credits. One we would probably do again…

For info I noted the full cost would have been $63.90 and we left a $10.80 tip (18%).

We had an afternoon snack from the Roaring Fork –

Magic cookie bar (again first of many as we love these!) shared by DW and I and DS had a chocolate brownie (you will see a theme developing here…..)

Tonights dinner was in Epcot at the Rose & Crown which was a first for us.

We were seated outside and right below the AC which made it a bit chilly. Our server, David was a fellow Scot and was the server of the holiday, a real gent who went the extra mile. It was a shame that the food didn’t quite match.

DW and I had the Strip steak with fish which when I ate it was a strange combination both in looks and taste. It was OK but the steak was a bit tough and the mash didn’t do anything for me. DS had the fish and chips which he said was fine.

Desserts were...

Banoffee tart for me, which was alright,

trifle for DW which having tasted it was not good, basically a watery fruit bowl, custard and a blob of cream and almost no flavour (sorry forgot to take a pic but borrowed this one).

DS had the jaffa cakes which were scoffed and he said he had enjoyed them

Not an awful meal, but not one we would do again, particulary in Epcot where there are other good options.

We paid using 3 TS credits and left a 20% tip which was well deserved. David also gave us a handwritten note to allow us to watch Illumations from their VIP area later which was a nice touch…

Great food report, I'm not sure how I managed to miss it. We are visiting the Gulf Coast this year but reading your food report has made me really miss Disney

We stayed at WL in 2015 and my visits to the Roaring Fork pretty much consisted solely of either pecan cinnamon rolls or magic cookie bars . DH and I started off spitting the MCB but it wasn't long till we were on one each...most days! They are just too good We stayed at OKW last year and still made the trip to WL to stock up on MCBs. I've made a note to try the 7 layer bar next time .

If you are near Goofy Candy Co at Disney Springs give the Pineapple Spear a try, they are a snack credit. DH saw it on a trip report before our last trip and we searched all over till we found them...they are delicious.

We're back to Disney next year so I have added the Yachtsman to the list as you have inspired us to visit.

Thank you for taking the time to post, I love a food report

Edited at 06:44 AM.
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 17, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotscraig
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Scotscraig's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Gabsnoot View Post
Great food report, I'm not sure how I managed to miss it. We are visiting the Gulf Coast this year but reading your food report has made me really miss Disney

We stayed at WL in 2015 and my visits to the Roaring Fork pretty much consisted solely of either pecan cinnamon rolls or magic cookie bars . DH and I started off spitting the MCB but it wasn't long till we were on one each...most days! They are just too good We stayed at OKW last year and still made the trip to WL to stock up on MCBs. I've made a note to try the 7 layer bar next time .

If you are near Goofy Candy Co at Disney Springs give the Pineapple Spear a try, they are a snack credit. DH saw it on a trip report before our last trip and we searched all over till we found them...they are delicious.

We're back to Disney next year so I have added the Yachtsman to the list as you have inspired us to visit.

Thank you for taking the time to post, I love a food report
Thanks for taking the time to message. Will look out for the pineapple spear!
Food trip report Oct 2017 with DDP
Food trip report Oct 2018 with DDP

DL 1995, WDW 1998, 2001, Sheraton Vistana Villages 2012, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2014, HRH/WL 2015, WL 2016, AKL 2017, SSR 2018, Newport Bay DLP 2019, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2019
Scotscraig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List