Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 23 Oct 21, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Been to Alton Towers once, bored to death! But it was after we'd already been to WDW a couple of times so it was probably a very biased opinion and a bad time to go!
Been to Chessington 3 or 4 times, really like it there. It's a fairly well thought out theme park and feel there is plenty to do. However, they have disappointed me a little with an amendment to what they used to offer with their hotel packages. You used to get 2 park days for a one night stay but it would appear this is no more!
Flamingo land isn't bad if you can get an offer. Some good rides and then they have the zoo element also.
Haven't really done any other UK parks as they don't really entice me enough to go.
Old 23 Oct 21, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Perthite
Very Serious Dibber

I’m surprised nobody has mentioned M&D’s, also known as “Scotland’s Theme Park” which makes it something of a national embarrassment.
Perthite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

After an afternoon in Legoland I’ve just remembered how much a hate people.
Had a woman and her two coughing kids in the queue behind us practically up my butt the whole time.
Dh stood as a buffer in the end as he didn’t want me to say anything and cause a scene 😳
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

I’ve got to admit to enjoying AT. Nemesis is basically one half of duelling dragons and Air/Galactica is very similar to Manta. Never been since Wickerman opened but my son said it was great. Thoroughly enjoyed 13 but Rita, apart from launching like Aerosmith, is pretty tame and dull. Nice walks through the gardens but ultimately too far away from me to make going often worthwhile.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

American parks tend to have more space and less restrictions. So longer bigger rides.

Blackpool is by far the best for rides, love the woodies and icon is fab. Alton towers is alton towers. Rides short and not great. Rita painful and oblivion over in 10 seconds. Love smiler and nemesis though. The park would really benefit from more flat rides to fill like thorpe Park has.
Been to Thorpe a few times, last time was v quiet and left at lunch as done everything. And most rides are once only as painful.

I dont care about themeing, it's the rides I go for... Have been to other UK parks but not Chessington or lego land.
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tiggertastic View Post
American parks tend to have more space and less restrictions. So longer bigger rides.

Blackpool is by far the best for rides, love the woodies and icon is fab. Alton towers is alton towers. Rides short and not great. Rita painful and oblivion over in 10 seconds. Love smiler and nemesis though. The park would really benefit from more flat rides to fill like thorpe Park has.
Been to Thorpe a few times, last time was v quiet and left at lunch as done everything. And most rides are once only as painful.

I dont care about themeing, it's the rides I go for... Have been to other UK parks but not Chessington or lego land.
Alton towers have added a few flat rides to absorb some of the crowds. Can’t say I’m a fan tbh.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
Alton towers have added a few flat rides to absorb some of the crowds. Can’t say I’m a fan tbh.
One of the issues is that they aren’t allowed to go above a certain height. Shame as some bigger rides could make it better.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Tried British theme parks in between American trips in the early days with ours when younger, in between visits stateside.
Verdict? - Not keen, in comparison.
As time went on it wasn't worth the mileage or the money - For us - any of us, as a family.

Now, if we'd never been to America... may have been different?
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stitch & Smudge View Post
One of the issues is that they aren’t allowed to go above a certain height. Shame as some bigger rides could make it better.
Yeah and sadly they have been in a legal dispute with some neighbours for years…Ones that moved in when AT was already up and running so go figure!
I’m a bit of a U.K. themepark fan and flat rides belong at funfairs to me.
Old 24 Oct 21, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Perthite View Post
I’m surprised nobody has mentioned M&D’s, also known as “Scotland’s Theme Park” which makes it something of a national embarrassment.
Yeah, we went once. I felt safer on silcox rides. Still, it was cheap.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List