Old 3 Oct 21, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by Lostbrain View Post
We found that LAX, although a hub airport isn't huge and quite straightforward to navigate - the last time we were there was about 15 years ago mind! But it's nothing like MCO. Local hotels all run shuttle buses to and from the airport.
Thank you I always imagined it to be a huge airport.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

I mean it's not small, but doesn't have all the gazillion shops and restaurants - it was quite straightforward to get though. Definitely preferred it to Chicago which felt like a maze.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
So still not started any park planning or actually how we will spend our time I need to get cracking soon.

I've been over thinking our Disneyland hotel. Lots aren't available to book yet and some won't be until next year which is driving me crazy. Trying to balance being not to far away from the parks and having enough around us is over complicated. Little worried about the amount of homeless people that we have to pass on the walks but people say they keep to themselves. Will put this on the back burner knowing I have something booked and will get back to it next year when I buy tickets.

Going to do some Orlando planning this weekend
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Tinker man strikes again.

I’ve rebooked our Anaheim hotel as a Disney package. I have changed our hotel to The Anaheim Hotel and have got 5 day Disney park hopper tickets. It was a $200 deposit. I have saved myself £435 from the original hotel I booked. When I originally thought about going a couple of years ago this was my first choice but one video put me off. This was a few years old though and a newer vlog reignited my positive thoughts. Trip Advisor has 15 pages on the reviews before you get a negative. It’s not as fancy as the HOJO I had booked but it ticks all my boxes. It has a really good sized pool, a pizza restaurant onsite and we have 2 king sized beds. One for the ladies and one for me

The money is a big factor but there were few other things. I needed to buy park tickets and if I’d done separately then I’d have to pay out all at once. Now I can make my park reservations early April but don’t have to pay anymore until July. Also the hotel is a little closer walk to the parks but also has more around the area. We have a 5 to 10 minute walk to the parks and 5 to 10 minutes to places like The Cheesecake Factory and House Of Blues.

By booking that’s everything booked so now I can feel like I can move on with other planning rather than worrying about what hotel to book.

Pleased everything is booked!

Edited at 07:47 PM.
Old 14 Oct 21, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

Sounds like a good swap, especially with the shorter walk, and I saw on your other thread about the deluxe room.

Enjoy the next phase of your planning
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Great work George!

We're planning a very similar trip. In fact, as I type, I've been on hold to Virgin for exactly 100 minutes. I need to check on what, if any, upgrade/companion vouchers we have on our FC accounts. But, given how long it is taking to get through to them, I may just book the flights tonight.

We're thinking...

LON - LAX 23/7
LAX - MCO/TPA 2/8
MCO/TPA - NYC 12/8
NYC - LON 16/8

We did our first west coast trip a few years back and absolutely loved it - you're in for a real treat and I'm sure you will absolutely adore DCA!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by SuziQz View Post
Sounds like a good swap, especially with the shorter walk, and I saw on your other thread about the deluxe room.

Enjoy the next phase of your planning
Thank you It’s not massively closer but will make a slight difference. It’s definitely closer than my second choice.

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Great work George!

We're planning a very similar trip. In fact, as I type, I've been on hold to Virgin for exactly 100 minutes. I need to check on what, if any, upgrade/companion vouchers we have on our FC accounts. But, given how long it is taking to get through to them, I may just book the flights tonight.

We're thinking...

LON - LAX 23/7
LAX - MCO/TPA 2/8
MCO/TPA - NYC 12/8
NYC - LON 16/8

We did our first west coast trip a few years back and absolutely loved it - you're in for a real treat and I'm sure you will absolutely adore DCA!
Sounds great. I think I looked at LAX to Tampa but definitely not the choice of airlines that go to MCO. I think they were indirect flights as well.

I really think I’m going to love DCA.

Hoping we don’t love the West Coast as much so another addiction forms
Old 24 Oct 21, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
I’ve been busy working out all the extra costs this week. Little scary

So Genie+ and individual rides. Disneyland for our 5 days there is no question that we will be getting it. This is a one off so I’m not going all that way and not getting on anything. Disney can see me coming! Sucker number 1!

We have 5 day park tickets but will be going 4 days and one evening as we are going to do a Hollywood tour on one day so I will get Genie+ for four days. The individual rides I’ll probably buy on 4 occasions. 1x Rise of The Resistance, 1x webslingers and 2x Radiator Springs. These are the only paid extra rides in California so not as bad as WDW. I’m trying to save Galaxies Edge for WDW but will still try ROTR once while there. Rude not to. The day tour of Hollywood and LA sites will be £250 but it’s something we really want to do.

WDW I think we will do Genie+ 6 days of our 10 maybe less. As paid rides I’m only(probably) going to pay for Flights Of Passage and hope for the best on the others. It really adds up. Of course one more ROTR as it will be rude not to.

I think adrs are some I’m leaning to more of rather than less. I’m really excited to be in the bubble and will look at 8 or so. Now the difficult decision on which! I really like the look of Steakhouse 71. We will still eat offsite during our Universal stay and and when in California, our hotel has quite a few places within walking distance like Cheesecake Factory etc.

Edited at 12:15 PM.
Old 24 Oct 21, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Sounds great. I think I looked at LAX to Tampa but definitely not the choice of airlines that go to MCO. I think they were indirect flights as well.

I really think I’m going to love DCA.

Hoping we don’t love the West Coast as much so another addiction forms
If the airline/routings work better to MO than TPA then I suspect we'll be doing a similar cross-country flight to you.

The good news is between our two Virgin accounts, we have three companion/rewards voucher things so that's going to be a decent saving of miles and/or cash for upgraded flights and there still seems to be decent availability out to the West coast and back from NYC.

My daughter has given the thumbs up to doing the entire Florida/NYC bit with us so I'll need to get her onto a flight out to Florida - ideally on the same day and to the same airport we arrive at from California, and she can fly home from NYC with us at the end.

I just need to block out some time so we can be on hold to Virgin for hours again, and get the UK-US-UK flights booked up, and we can then fill in all the exciting stuff in between!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
If the airline/routings work better to MO than TPA then I suspect we'll be doing a similar cross-country flight to you.

The good news is between our two Virgin accounts, we have three companion/rewards voucher things so that's going to be a decent saving of miles and/or cash for upgraded flights and there still seems to be decent availability out to the West coast and back from NYC.

My daughter has given the thumbs up to doing the entire Florida/NYC bit with us so I'll need to get her onto a flight out to Florida - ideally on the same day and to the same airport we arrive at from California, and she can fly home from NYC with us at the end.

I just need to block out some time so we can be on hold to Virgin for hours again, and get the UK-US-UK flights booked up, and we can then fill in all the exciting stuff in between!
Also hoping we find out about requirements for vaccinations today as well.