Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Jun 13, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
hazelandannie
Excited about Disney

DCl damaged luggage

We returned from the first med cruise of the season on Saturday and we had a fantastic time, couldn't fault any of the service, the crew were all very friendly and helpful.

The only negative we had was when we picked up our luggage from the hall after disembarking the ship I found that my new suitcase was completely broken, handle snapped and frame broken.

I filled in a form and was told I would hear from someone soon, but was just wondering if anyone else had had this happen and how easily rectified it was?

I don't want to have to claim on my travel insurance as the excess will be as much as the cost to replace and it didnt happen through any fault of mine.

I'm hoping that it will be straightforward and they will reimburse for a new suitcase
hazelandannie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 13, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
I haven't heard of this experience and its such a shame.
Hoping they reimburse you quickly
Old 13 Jun 13, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post

My case got broken as we were embarking and, although I wasn't going to say anything, on our 2nd day, our stateroom host noticed it had been damaged and arranged for a call on our wave phone from GS (without fussing us about it) who simply asked how much the case was and then put that amount, plus $15 as on OBC onto our account.

If they are as good as this for you, I'm sure you'll be happy, we were more than impressed with the customer service
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 13, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mrliam View Post
My case got broken as we were embarking and, although I wasn't going to say anything, on our 2nd day, our stateroom host noticed it had been damaged and arranged for a call on our wave phone from GS (without fussing us about it) who simply asked how much the case was and then put that amount, plus $15 as on OBC onto our account.

If they are as good as this for you, I'm sure you'll be happy, we were more than impressed with the customer service
In that case, my luggage would be at least £500 per item!
Old 13 Jun 13, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
In that case, my luggage would be at least £500 per item!
I know, paint some Louis Vuitton or Chanel logos on real quick

Ours were borrowed from a friend, so I took a stab in the dark and said $90.

We went to Wal-Mart once we got off and found a decent one for $80, so I think it was a good guess
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 13, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
hazelandannie
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mrliam View Post
I know, paint some Louis Vuitton or Chanel logos on real quick

Ours were borrowed from a friend, so I took a stab in the dark and said $90.

We went to Wal-Mart once we got off and found a decent one for $80, so I think it was a good guess
That was quick service!

Not so quick this end as the Spanish phone number we got isn't proving very helpful this week. We have tried every day and explained many different ways, but they have no clue what we are asking them to even get through to someone that can help us. I emailed dcl but they gave me the lost luggage and claims number for Florida!
hazelandannie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 13, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by hazelandannie View Post
That was quick service!

Not so quick this end as the Spanish phone number we got isn't proving very helpful this week. We have tried every day and explained many different ways, but they have no clue what we are asking them to even get through to someone that can help us. I emailed dcl but they gave me the lost luggage and claims number for Florida!
I think I would pursue this more with DCL instead of keep ringing a Spanish number if you don't speak Spanish.
DCL should have Spanish speakers who can chase this for you I'm sure .. Although the staff concerned may not be directly employed by DCL, they act as agents for them, so DCL should take some responsibility for this issue

Failing that .. Ask Manny to help you!
Old 14 Jun 13, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
hazelandannie
Excited about Disney

I think I would pursue this more with DCL instead of keep ringing a Spanish number if you don't speak Spanish.
DCL should have Spanish speakers who can chase this for you I'm sure .. Although the staff concerned may not be directly employed by DCL, they act as agents for them, so DCL should take some responsibility for this issue

Failing that .. Ask Manny to help you!
Manny or Dora and we'll be good to go!
Old 14 Jun 13, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by hazelandannie View Post
Manny or Dora and we'll be good to go!
I meant Manny as in MrAven .. Dibb member from Venezuela! He's on the WBTA thread
Old 14 Jun 13, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
hazelandannie
Excited about Disney

I meant Manny as in MrAven .. Dibb member from Venezuela! He's on the WBTA thread
Doh! Ok, *slaps head and walks away*
Closed Thread