Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Jul 13, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

I also carry a lot of padding and have at times fitted far too snugly in some seats, I am relieved that the stigma of extender belts is no more.
I remember being on a flight years ago and a stewardess carrying an orange extender belt above her head all the way along the cabin until she got to the passenger it was for... I think in this day and age she may have got a serious telling off ( the FA not the passenger)
snowbelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 13, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kellie View Post
thanks guys im feeling a bit better about it now wont relax completely until im sitting in the seat with the belt done up
You'll be absolutely fine Kellie - and hey, why should you care what anybody thinks anyway, it's what you think that matters. It's more about what's inside and I bet you are a lovely lady... have a smashing holiday - well, you and your bum that is, oh, and don't forget to take the bum you married with you either

Years ago, just out of chemo and steroids (ohh, every fat cell in my body luved those suckers!) I was only just beginning to regain hair (yes, everywhere... wish I could have put a request in for certain areas to remain bald... like the top lip, legs, arms et al! ) and we were flying on an Airtours aircraft - the one where all the loo's were down the stairs. Anyway, I guess they saw me, put two and two together regarding my health and being kind gave us exit seats. As grateful as I was, when we saw them, I was mortified because they were so terribly tight. The aircrew were lovely and asked a couple who were sat at the back of the first section with no neighbours, just the wall where the stairs were to the loo, if they would like to swap - they nearly tripped over themselves to take the seats - boy were me and my bum relieved!

As I am only 5 foot tall it's never been the legroom issue for me, always width and I cannot sit in exit row seats otherwise the blood is cut off and my backside loses the will to live
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 13, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
hazelandannie
Excited about Disney

The easiest way to not have to worry about the seatbelt issue, always ask for a seatbelt extender. We have always found staff to be very discreet and it allows for more comfort during the flight
hazelandannie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 13, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
kellie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
You'll be absolutely fine Kellie - and hey, why should you care what anybody thinks anyway, it's what you think that matters. It's more about what's inside and I bet you are a lovely lady... have a smashing holiday - well, you and your bum that is, oh, and don't forget to take the bum you married with you either

Years ago, just out of chemo and steroids (ohh, every fat cell in my body luved those suckers!) I was only just beginning to regain hair (yes, everywhere... wish I could have put a request in for certain areas to remain bald... like the top lip, legs, arms et al! ) and we were flying on an Airtours aircraft - the one where all the loo's were down the stairs. Anyway, I guess they saw me, put two and two together regarding my health and being kind gave us exit seats. As grateful as I was, when we saw them, I was mortified because they were so terribly tight. The aircrew were lovely and asked a couple who were sat at the back of the first section with no neighbours, just the wall where the stairs were to the loo, if they would like to swap - they nearly tripped over themselves to take the seats - boy were me and my bum relieved!

As I am only 5 foot tall it's never been the legroom issue for me, always width and I cannot sit in exit row seats otherwise the blood is cut off and my backside loses the will to live

oh thank you Chris that's a lovely thing to say and I know your right, I spend to much of my time worrying about what other people think and its about time I stopped
oh the joys of chemo and steroids my 2nd daughter had them for 2 years (she was only 2 &1/2 and the beginning) and she could eat for Britain when she was on them

im only 5ft 1 so the leg room isn't an issue for me either its just the size of my rear that's the prob oh and the tummy.

luckly the bum I married is smaller than mine shame he has a big belly

thank you for your kind words
Old 2 Jul 13, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Redriva
Imagineer

my SIL is a size 26 and fitted the seat and belt fine on a virgin airbus in Feb this year :-)
Old 3 Jul 13, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I used to be a size 28 but as I had a very squishy belly (could practically flip it around my shoulders and tie it in a bow!) I never had any problem fitting in seats years ago. Now a size 20 and short to boot and fit in comfortably with room to spare normally. The one problem I do have tho is the trays especially if the person in front has jammed their seat right the way back as it will usually not lay flat and I end up balancing things precariously

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 13, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
kellie
Imagineer

i.dailymail/i/pix/2012/...55_468x600.jpg

fingers crossed the tray goes down more than this for me
Old 5 Jul 13, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I can cope with those - it's tge ones in the armrest with a hinge in the middle that I couldn't use. Looked like I was putting a roof over my tummy!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 13, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
kellie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
I can cope with those - it's tge ones in the armrest with a hinge in the middle that I couldn't use. Looked like I was putting a roof over my tummy!
Old 5 Jul 13, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
i_am_armo
Apprentice Imagineer

Darn just read this thread and now the moment has come... i need to get slimming so i dont worry as much

i_am_armo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread