Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 1 Dec 18, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
littlejem1
Dibbing with Tink

Time to say good-bye - January 2016-Day10

Day 9

25th January Quick beach visit Day 10

So, this is the 4th time we have been to Florida and so far, we have never been to the beach but this was finally going to change. We both got up at 8am and had a glass of orange, a cup of tea and some toast. We had decided that we were going to visit Melbourne beach which was just a little further down to Cocoa beach.
Steve said it was the easiest directions he had to follow. Was a good job as the stupid Satnav didn’t even recognise Cocoa beach.
Well off we went straight down the 192, we had to stay on this road till you got right to the end. When we got to the end we noticed a Wendy’s and as we were both bursting to go to the loo we parked up and went inside. Once we had decided what we wanted we placed our order and then used the restrooms.
By now we were both quite hungry as well as we were really looking forward to this burger and have to say that this was definitely the best fast food meal we have had during this stay, it was soo good there was nothing left.
Now we knew that we weren’t staying very long here as it was still very chilly but fine for the time we wanted to be there for. We put 50cents in the parking meter and then made our way to see this view.

Now we know it wasn’t Cocoa beach but it was so lovely and quiet there, we counted 12 people walking on the beach while we were there.
Well I had to do it I took my trainers and socks off and went for a paddle. It was a little chilly in the water but it was nice. After a while we made our way back to the car and headed back along the 192.
Now this trip has had many first in it and today was no different, first was the beach and the second one today was on the journey home, now bear in mind all the way to the beach I kept reminding Steve to watch his speed, have to say on the way home I decided not to well that was a silly mistake wasn’t it. While driving along we notice a couple of cop cars in the middle of the grass, well after we drove past Steve noticed that they had turned around and had put their lights on……. Yes, it was for us, so you can guess what I called Steve, anyway we pulled over and Steve got his driving licence out. When the cop got to the window he said ‘hello’ then asked Steve if he knew why he had been stopped, with this Steve said ‘yes I have been really stupid and was speeding’ with this the cop said ‘yes you were doing 77 in a 60 limit’ Steve said he was sorry and with this he just gave him a warning and to enjoy the rest of the holiday and keep within the speed limit... He then went to join his other colleague who had pulled over a red lorry that was going faster than us but managed to see the cops before us so sat in behind us and when we were pulled in he just sailed on through. It took them a while to catch up to him though.

Well after this Steve stuck to the speed limit for the rest of the journey home. However, Steve did say that because the roads were so straight it got boring and you just don’t really notice the speed because we were virtually the only ones on the road.
We arrived back at the villa and had a little chill for the afternoon as we were heading back out to watch the fireworks at Epcot that evening.
At 4pm we headed back towards Epcot, once we were parked up we headed for the monorail and headed to MK as we were still looking for jackets for us girls, problem was finding the sizes everyone needed. We went into a couple of shops but again they didn’t have all the sizes we needed again so shopping was a fail, never mind we shall be back later in the week and will get them one way or another this time. While we were in the park yet again we did another first and that was the lowering of the flag, we stood and watched this till the end and then made our way back to the monorail heading to Epcot.
Very quickly through and we then stopped to have our picture taken, think Steve is starting to get use to this now.

We then had a quick look for the jackets in the first shop we came to but again nothing so I gave up and by this time it was 6.30pm and we were feeling a little hungry so we headed to the Rose & Crown where we had some fish & chips, they were yummy. Then we had a little walk around and have to say it was nice not being cold for once. We made our way to Nemo and had a sit down on this ride it was okay but not going on it again. By now it was 7.45pm so we still had a while for the fireworks so found ourselves a seat as my knees were hurting again.

While we were sat there the MK fireworks started so we watched them and then just people watched for a while.
About 10 minutes before the show we moved to the flowers and sat on the wall there.

As usual the fireworks didn’t disappoint, I absolutely love these fireworks.
Once finished we headed out of the park and made our way back to the villa.

Time for hot chocolate and marshmallows again and a little chill, we then headed off to bed both totally shattered.

Day 11

January 2006 & 2009 Paradise Cove
September 2014 - Bella Vida
January 2016 - Compass Bay 2nd Honeymoon
February 2019 - Eagle point South.
Disney, Finally here we come and the Grandkid's still don't know Sshhhh- September 2014
Time to say Good-bye... January 2016

Edited at 09:26 PM.
littlejem1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List