Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 1 Dec 18, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Our 'one last time' trip- October 2018 - Seven - I-Drive Outlets & Pirates & Pals

Today I woke just after 7 – it felt like a lay in after a few early starts! Leah came into me about 7.15 saying she’d had a nightmare so we had a cuddle and then got up to do her puzzle. I did a hit workout and then got myself ready for the day. Leah had breakfast on our little patio.

Ellie and Dan woke around 9 and we left for International Drive outlets just before 10 and arrived at 10.15.

There was plenty of free parking today and we got a space near Victoria’s Secret. We walked through and headed straight for Disney to try and avoid the crowds we saw yesterday. It was still fairly busy in there and the que was long but we had a quick mooch and then Dan got in the que and held my stuff while me and the kids piled more on top!

We got 2 colouring books (4.99 each) 2 x bubbles wands (5.99 each) Leah got a hoodie (14.99) and some animator pyjamas (9.99) Ellie brought a Jasmine jewellery box (9.99) duffy tsum tsum (99 cents) Belle jewellery set (13.99) and they each got a starter pin pack (6.99 each) and I got a HS top (11.99). Total came to 104.25.

Ellie with her bubble wand

Next, Dan went into Levi’s and discovered them cheaper than he had brought them the other day at J C Penny (I had to bite my tongue to stop myself saying I told you so! ) Dan brought two pairs of jeans and a jumper and I got a pair of jeans. Total was 181.01. We left Dan to pay and headed into Yankee Candle.

I brought two tealight holders (3.99 each) Reed Diffuser (11.99) Halloween Candle (13.99) Christmas gift set (9.98) and 12 wax melts/votives for 8 dollars. When we’d finished Dan still hadn’t met us so we sat outside on a bench to see if we could see him. I tried ringing him a few times but I didn’t have great signal.

Halloween candle

Eventually he found us, he couldn't find yankee candle so he’d gone off to Timberland and bought 2 pairs of boots for $120. We were getting hungry and thirsty now so we quickly stopped at Starbucks so I could grab an Orlando mug, Dan got a coffee and the girls wanted a unicorn frappuccino, they didn’t do them unfortunately so they had a cotton candy one instead.

We then headed to the food court for lunch. Dan had some food from Asian Cho. Me and the girls had a subway, the girls had Ham and Cheese rolls with apple slices and a cookie and I had chicken teriyaki with salad and jalapeno’s and a diet coke.

We headed back towards Victoria’s Secret after this, we looked in lindt which smelt amazing and bath and body works but I was conscious of suitcase weight so left without buying anything. We went back into Victoria’s Secret and I facetimed my sister so she could pick some birthday presents. I ended up with 5 body sprays, 2 x lotions, 6 x knickers, 2 x smoothie washes, wash bag and 2 lip glosses total was 87.31).

Some of our VS goodies

After this we headed back to the villa quickly got changed and went to the pool. We got there about 2.30 and stayed till around 4. We floated round the lazy river and the kids played in the splash park and did the slides. The pool area was really nice and well kept - but I can't help thinking once everything is built it might be a bit small, unless they are planning on building a second pool somewhere.

When we got back to the villa the kids did some colouring and Leah had a headache so she had a lay down for an hour. I cooked some chicken and pasta in a tomato sauce – we didn’t want to fill up too much as we had our pirates and pals cruise tonight.

We left again at about 6.45 and stopped at super target round the corner for dishwasher tablets and also grabbed some oatmeal cremes and starburst. Ellie brought a hatchimal set and Leah got some more lego then we headed to the Contemporary.

We arrived at 7.50 and needed to check in at 9 so we were a bit early. We headed upstairs while we waited to look in the shops. Leah did some pin trading and I brought a jumper (69.22)

This is a picture from google because I don't have one - but I absolutely love it!

Then we headed to check in -

We were given 4 bandanas and a boarding pass which gave us our ship name – Hook and row number – 7. We were let into the room at 9 and introduced to the 2 pirates, Patch & Patch.

There were a selection of cupcakes, key lime pie, gold coins, pretzels, popcorn and fruit.

The kids were in there element and loaded their pockets with cold coins

We waited for the que to go down to meet Hook and Smee and got some pictures.

When they had met everyone they walked around the room, they danced with both the girls and it was a great interaction. I was worried they might be a bit scared of Hook but they weren’t they loved it. We were given a 5 minute warning so I quickly took the kids to the toilet and we followed Hook down to the contemporary dock.

Once we were on board we sung some songs and answered some trivia questions. Leah answered who are Ariel’s best friends (Flounder and Sebastion) and won a hook!

Ellie of course then wanted one!

We stopped to watch Hallowishes and the the music was piped in.

It was a fantastic view of the 360 fireworks and it was lovely to watch without having to fight our way back on the monorail.

We had more trivia questions on the way back unfortunately Ellie didn’t win but a lovely teenager behind us gave her her prize which was a light up pirate flashy toy – this was really kind of her and we said thank you a lot!

When we docked back Peter Pan was waiting for us. Leah was excited to get his autograph but Ellie was shattered by this point. It was 11pm and she hadn’t napped today. Luckily a few people skipped Peter and we were only 3rd in line. We got a photo even though Ellie wouldn’t co-operate and Leah was glad to have met him.

We were back in the car before long and back to the villa by 11.20. The kids lay talking in bed for a bit – luckily we had a slightly slower start tomorrow for Wild Florida and we were all asleep by midnight.
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 18, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

What a great pirate experience 👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 18, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Fab bargains in the Disney Outlet, we got Noah the bubble wand too, such a price difference to the parks!

I'm glad you bit your tongue ... not sure I could have

Caitlin kept trying to get the Unicorn one too. The cotton candy one sounds lovely though.

Pirate Pals looked like so much fun, what a lovely end to the day. I'm not surprised Ellie was shattered I think I would have been too.

Another lovely day xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 18, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
What a great pirate experience 👍
Thank you, we all really enjoyed it!

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Fab bargains in the Disney Outlet, we got Noah the bubble wand too, such a price difference to the parks!

I'm glad you bit your tongue ... not sure I could have

Caitlin kept trying to get the Unicorn one too. The cotton candy one sounds lovely though.

Pirate Pals looked like so much fun, what a lovely end to the day. I'm not surprised Ellie was shattered I think I would have been too.

Another lovely day xx
It was such a bargain in the outlet wasn't it! I don't mind it for that price but the park prices were crazy!

We didn't manage to get one anywhere did Caitlin?

Yeah to be honest even I was feeling it by then xx
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 18, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by minnie52 View Post
It was such a bargain in the outlet wasn't it! I don't mind it for that price but the park prices were crazy!

We didn't manage to get one anywhere did Caitlin?

Yeah to be honest even I was feeling it by then xx
It was wasn't it.

No she didn't I don't think they do them anymore, Caitlin wasn't happy xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Great shopping trip, lots of bargains. I have never heard of the Pirate Pals before, it looks brilliant.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List