Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 10 Jun 21, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Curry on a diet?

So I've started my diet for Florida next year. Its mine and DW's 15 year wedding anniversary today and we aren't able to do much due to child care issues so we've decided on a takeaway and DW has chosen a curry. Not good for the diet.

Looking for advice on what would be semi good. I was thinking a chicken tikka with the green salad? I'm guessing a naan bread and and an onion bhaji isn't a good idea?
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Try to go for the tomato based sauces rather than the cream.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

You can make fake aways which will be much lower in cals and still tasty. That said you can have the take away guilt free if you just cut your cals elsewhere for the week, no need to stress , you can do it.

Edited at 08:09 AM.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
LoopyLoo07
Very Serious Dibber

If I am trying to be healthy I just get the chicken tikka main meal with boiled rice and salad. It’s still tasty
LoopyLoo07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

Here’s some calories off my nutracheck app.
If you are trying to lose weight I would highly recommend this app,I find it really keeps me on track.

Hope this helps.
Enjoy your anniversary!
Tracy x
Old 10 Jun 21, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Yes, tikka, no sauce and definitely no naan, bhajis or poppadums! Big salad. I make my own chicken curry in my slow cooker with a shwartz sachet called….slow cooker chicken curry it is so easy - one onion, one pepper, some potato cubes, chicken pieces, the sachet and a can of tomatoes. It says to add spinach at the end but I never do. Its delicious and lots healthier than a takeaway one.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Depends are you just cutting down or counting calories
I’m dieting right now lost half a stone in 3 weeks but I’ve still had a take out Chicken Tikka with rice and salad pompadoms and spiced onions just a half portion and counted it
You can quickly become fed up with a diet if you feel oh I can’t have this or that
Enjoy what ever you choose
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

Tandoori is another good choice, so their chicken or prawn as there’s no sauce.
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Yes, tikka, no sauce and definitely no naan, bhajis or poppadums! Big salad. I make my own chicken curry in my slow cooker with a shwartz sachet called….slow cooker chicken curry it is so easy - one onion, one pepper, some potato cubes, chicken pieces, the sachet and a can of tomatoes. It says to add spinach at the end but I never do. Its delicious and lots healthier than a takeaway one.
I make this regularly it’s so easy once it’s all lobbed in slow cooker and so tasty , I never put spinach in mine either cos I always have it with rice and salad... love hot and cold food side by side
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I’d go for dry chicken that’s still well flavoured like tandoori or tikka , plenty of salad, plain rice, onion salad on the side , popodoms I buy from supermarket and are often 40 calories or less each , I follow slimming world (loosely lol) and they are usually two syns each, less greasy than the takeaway ones , I also make my own naans that are low syn so probably low calorie too, plain fat free yogurt, plain flour mix together and knead like bread, I flavour mine with Coriander seed and garlic granules and make little naans in pan take a minute improve two each side to cook and really nice
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List