Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 12 Jun 21, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne K
Imagineer

Anne K's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I used to work for one of the companies who manufacture fresh chilled ready meals etc for them. Markies own the recipes, even though developed by the suppliers, and they cannot be used for other customers, or markies will stop buying from them. They usually have multiple suppliers per product so this is not an idle threat
Additionally, they tell the suppliers where to buy the ingredients from, and those suppliers are inspected just as stringently. Also ensures they know the provenance of every item
I love M&S food, even after seeing it being made. My favourite used to be nabbing a cheese and onion quiche straight out of the oven and taking up to the office to eat
Anne K is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
fudgie
Imagineer

My favourite treats are their iced spiced fruit buns and the big, thick bars of Belgian milk chocolate
fudgie is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Here’s the scam. Ditch the Sparks card and use a different credit card each time you shop.

The computer recognises and profiles you so it’s a game to play. Use the Sparks card only when offers come in
I’ll try that next week as, like you, we have no offers just now and haven’t for a while. The freebies have also disappeared.

Looks like they know we will shop there anyway and take us for granted.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

I buy their fruit and veg. A bit dearer than elsewhere but better quality and lasts a lot longer so less waste.
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Our MC is from Belgium and we always take the "cigar biscuits" for him. I bet he's missing us!

Forgot walnut whips but I don't like Percy Pigs.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

I’m a weekly M&S shopper too. Well, twice weekly as 1 shop is online and the other I go in store for (to get the weekly bits that I can’t get online). The best thing Ocado did was add M&S to their online shopping.

I buy everything I can in M&S and all my kids love their food too.

I am a lazy cook so buy a lot of their ‘slow cook’ dishes. I’ve been eating their Count on Us range since it began and the desserts are all to die for! My roast dinner all comes from there as does Xmas dinner. My kids always joke that mum doesn’t make Xmas dinner, M&S does.

I also don’t find it expensive. It’s not cheap but it’s not expensive either. It’s guaranteed quality and delicious food. Worth every penny.

I have had a couple of offers on Sparks recently but I obviously go there too often as I now get the ‘save £9 when you spend £90’ instead of the ‘save £5 when you spend £40’ that my mum gets. In fairness, we are a family of 7 at home and only 2 in my mums house.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Anne K View Post
I used to work for one of the companies who manufacture fresh chilled ready meals etc for them. Markies own the recipes, even though developed by the suppliers, and they cannot be used for other customers, or markies will stop buying from them. They usually have multiple suppliers per product so this is not an idle threat
Additionally, they tell the suppliers where to buy the ingredients from, and those suppliers are inspected just as stringently. Also ensures they know the provenance of every item
I love M&S food, even after seeing it being made. My favourite used to be nabbing a cheese and onion quiche straight out of the oven and taking up to the office to eat
Which company do you work for? I only ask as I am a project manager for a graphic design agency and we design packaging for a large supermarket, I get to meet many of the suppliers at the photo shoots and lots of them also supply to M&S
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

I also find their Free From range extensive. When my son had to eat gluten free for 6 weeks on hospital advice I got all his food from M&S and it was all great. I tried many of the items and they were great, you wouldn’t have known they were gluten free versions.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
I’m a weekly M&S shopper too. Well, twice weekly as 1 shop is online and the other I go in store for (to get the weekly bits that I can’t get online). The best thing Ocado did was add M&S to their online shopping.

I buy everything I can in M&S and all my kids love their food too.

I am a lazy cook so buy a lot of their ‘slow cook’ dishes. I’ve been eating their Count on Us range since it began and the desserts are all to die for! My roast dinner all comes from there as does Xmas dinner. My kids always joke that mum doesn’t make Xmas dinner, M&S does.

I also don’t find it expensive. It’s not cheap but it’s not expensive either. It’s guaranteed quality and delicious food. Worth every penny.

I have had a couple of offers on Sparks recently but I obviously go there too often as I now get the ‘save £9 when you spend £90’ instead of the ‘save £5 when you spend £40’ that my mum gets. In fairness, we are a family of 7 at home and only 2 in my mums house.
My Wife always has the Count On Us Meals as well.

Also Marksys has supplied our Xmas food since God knows when. So easy to rock up at a set time and just pick the stuff up.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I have just remembered - this threads not good for me - I love the count on us lemon mousse but it nearly always is in packs of 4 with a short date. Dave doesn't like lemon and I never throw food away so I defeat the low calories object and eat two.

Edited at 09:16 PM.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List