Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Sep 21, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

This is very sad, but it happened 500 years ago and it will still be happening in 500 years time.

The perpetrators will receive their judgement at the gates of heaven, the entry to which will be denied and they will wallow in damnation for eternity.

Disney332

Edited at 01:04 PM.
disney332 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
I can see how some people would say it’s not that excessive . And it is hard work .
But it took three men half a day to do the work so that on your figures of £200 a day ( which I agree is a sensible figure ) , that would be £300 for labour .
Turf certainly I wouldn’t have thought more than £50 based on last years prices but even if £100 now , that only makes £400
So she has been charged double that .

The charge was ‘ sold to her ‘ based on it being a two day job ( still 3 people I believe but maybe only 2 ) plus topsoil and digger hire which just didn’t happen
I think the turf looks like it’s on its way out already
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

My Mom called a "plumber"/ odd job man, out of the Thomson Local as her toilet wouldn't flush. He charged her £280 to replace the syphon ? - he didn't change anything else , just a split plastic part in the cistern. he was there less than 20 mins as he says he didn't need to turn the water off he gave her a discount.!
she didn't tell us until after he had fixed it , but we are a 3 hour drive away but we could have found someone cheaper / better maybe on -line
I know repairs and parts have gone up but the cistern is now leaking, as the water is filling up to where the flush handle is, so too high.
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by taffs travels View Post
My Mom called a "plumber"/ odd job man, out of the Thomson Local as her toilet wouldn't flush. He charged her £280 to replace the syphon ? - he didn't change anything else , just a split plastic part in the cistern. he was there less than 20 mins as he says he didn't need to turn the water off he gave her a discount.!
she didn't tell us until after he had fixed it , but we are a 3 hour drive away but we could have found someone cheaper / better maybe on -line
I know repairs and parts have gone up but the cistern is now leaking, as the water is filling up to where the flush handle is, so too high.
I’m thinking maybe it’s best to have some repair insurance like British Gas do, they do plumbing, heating etc then they’ll be no worries about them being ripped off, it’s such a worry for those with elderly relatives 😩
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
This is very sad, but it happened 500 years ago and it will still be happening in 500 years time.

The perpetrators will receive their judgement at the gates of heaven, the entry to which will be denied and they will wallow in damnation for eternity.

Disney332
Sadly I don’t believe in any of the thousands of supernatural beings people worship or have done over the years, and if there is a supernatural being (or thousands of them) who created people then they can’t make them do bad things and then send them to hell for what they are responsible for.

I do however, tend to believe in general that what goes around comes around and the scum bags that steal from anyone and in particular old and vulnerable people will get their punishment one way or another.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
I can see how some people would say it’s not that excessive . And it is hard work .
But it took three men half a day to do the work so that on your figures of £200 a day ( which I agree is a sensible figure ) , that would be £300 for labour .
Turf certainly I wouldn’t have thought more than £50 based on last years prices but even if £100 now , that only makes £400
So she has been charged double that .

The charge was ‘ sold to her ‘ based on it being a two day job ( still 3 people I believe but maybe only 2 ) plus topsoil and digger hire which just didn’t happen
Unfortunately a days job is a days charge even if it only takes half a day because they can’t be sure how long the job will take therefore cannot book any more work in for that day (if that makes sense) the roots could have been tricky to remove and could have took longer to remove and/or needed a digger so they priced for that.
If they were gentlemen they could have offered your mum a discount as the job was obviously easier than they anticipated but if they are anything like my brother in law they will take every penny 😤
My brother in law is racking it in at the moment but he says that this is covering the spell when he had no work because no one wanted or could have workmen in their homes during lockdown etc
3 men certainly wouldn’t charge £300 even for half a day. Unless its mates rates 😉 my brother in law charges us full price 🤯🤯🤯
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List