Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Sep 21, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Trusty ian View Post
My parents live in a 3bed bungalow with double glazing ,gas heating
Lift insulation etc and there d.d is £250 a month . So imagine £200 will be about right after the increase.
We 4 bed house with hot tub so ours has jumped hugely. So ours will be £220 approx and that's with empty house all day in the week.
Thanks for your reply. There is (was) a function on igloo website to input details to compare with similar in your area - I realise not 100% accurate but it said before all the rises began that we were using 143% more electricty than comparisons

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 02:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
I do think it a little daft though that people like my Mum currently in a care home get it that is silly.
Care home fees will also rise to cover their additional fuel costs 🙁
Old 15 Oct 21, 01:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Johnnyp
Imagineer

Johnnyp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
I’ve had a email regarding my bill from EDF and they are saying my monthly charge is going up by nearly 4 times the amount that I’m paying currently.

I swapped my tarrif back in September and now the robbing sods are quoting prices on estimates which is nonsense , so I’ll be sending them a updated meter reading ASAP
Johnnyp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 06:30 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

I spoke to EDF yesterday as we are waiting to be moved to them following UP going bust. They said that we will still be billed at the UP rate we were on until the date that EDF confirm takeover, which can be months. So there’s a tiny bit of light at the end of the tunnel. But not much. It at least delays the inevitable for a while. UP had 250k customers and that will take some time to complete. He also said to keep taking meter readings and keep paying the direct debit as the money is all protected.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Anyone heard anything from Octopus since the last email? My standing order to Avro went out as usual last week, not sure whether to send Octopus another meter reading this month or will that just confuse things?
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

I don’t understand it all 🥲 I was with Peoples Energy and they’d told me that my bill was going up from 1st Oct before all of this happened. I’m now in the process of being moved to British Gas, but the Peoples Energy direct debit was still taken on 1/10 but for the old lower amount!

I admit I’m just burying my head in the sand until British Gas tell me what they are going to charge me. They’ve said not to try to switch suppliers until the move is sorted as it will be too complicated, so I’m just waiting in the hope this mess doesn’t cost me too much extra! Four times the amount is shocking as mentioned by previous poster! 🥲
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I’m with ovo, I did my readings on the 7th for 30 days cost £85 they then estimated to the 10th my bill is £106 so £2.83 each day then they think I have switched everything I own on so I use £7.67 a day
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Can anyone help me out, I was with AVRO and now with Octopus. I had an email saying if I had cancelled the AVRO direct debit to set up a new one with them.

I presumed this meant those who didnt cancel their direct debits it would just be moved over to Octopus.

My direct debit has continued to go out, twice since AVRO folded. My balance on Octopus is £0.00 so now I am left wondering what I should be doing, was I wrong to think with their wording that I didnt have to do anything if I had not cancelled it?

''For now, the best thing to do is submit a meter reading, and if you’ve cancelled your payments, set up a new Direct Debit.''
Old 2 Nov 21, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
Can anyone help me out, I was with AVRO and now with Octopus. I had an email saying if I had cancelled the AVRO direct debit to set up a new one with them.

I presumed this meant those who didnt cancel their direct debits it would just be moved over to Octopus.

My direct debit has continued to go out, twice since AVRO folded. My balance on Octopus is £0.00 so now I am left wondering what I should be doing, was I wrong to think with their wording that I didnt have to do anything if I had not cancelled it?

''For now, the best thing to do is submit a meter reading, and if you’ve cancelled your payments, set up a new Direct Debit.''
I am in the same position. My direct debit has continued to go out. Ofgems website says we didn’t need to cancel the direct debit. I do kind of wish I had now though. I didn’t expect the process to take so long. I’m dreading my new direct debit amount.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post

I cancelled our direct debit as soon as Avro folded. I have set up a new one and waiting for our credit balance to move across. It will all be sorted. DS has been with octopus for six months since he moved into his new home and has been very pleased with their service. I wouldn’t worry, things will be sorted out. I check on their site every day to see any updated messages. The balance will be updated when all information has been moved across.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List