Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 11 Apr 11, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Report on Our Recent Trip - 26 March

We have just returned from the Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando, travelled with extended family including 5 year old child.

Booked with First Choice, flights were all good. Arrived at Sanford, as usual great little airport, off the plane, through immigration and baggage reclaim in 20 mins! Booked hire car with Alamo (Gold Insurance), extremely easy to pick up and yes we got the upgrade talk and even got offered upgrade on our class of vehicle, said No to everything and with a small tip were given the upgraded model of Chrysler Town & Country! Fitted six of us perfectly plus luggage and with full tank of fuel brought it back empty not having to fill up which included return trip to airport and six days of driving from I Drive to Disney plus two return trips on two evenings.

As recommended we used the SR417 and 528 Express Way to I Drive which on Sat afternoon was quiet, paying tolls along the way. Having never driven in US before it was a good introduction to roads. However Alamo will say use I4 which is quicker with no tolls and more direct and for Saturday flights may not be busy but be aware arriving on weekdays. Having used I4 for duration of holiday to Disney and returning to Sanford on a Saturday we used this and it was fine.

We emailed hotel before arrival requesting room on I Drive side and next to each other, this was honoured and we got C Block nearest reception and exit. You can park your car right outside your room, we never had prob finding a space.

Rooms were basic motel type which is what we expected although beds are small. In our second room were 3 adults and a child sharing which was a bit of a squeeze but hotel provided free camp bed which they call a cot. Microwave, fridge, TV, air con (very noisy but works well! ), coffee maker (Starbucks coffee). Clean towels provided every day and they are quite small and thin as were the poolside towels. Rooms were cleaned each day also and to a good standard.

Location of hotel was great, opposite Pointe Orlando with shops, cinema, restaurants and conveniently located Walgreens. Hotel Bar was good with happy hour at 2 dollars a pint for domestic beers, but for a better selection and atmosphere the Millers Ale House opposite is fantastic. As always on I Drive great selection of restaurants, we went to Sizzlers, Pizza Hut, Ponderosa, Golden Corral, Black Angus Steakhouse, Wild Jacks Steakhouse, Olive Garden, Ming Court, Dairy Queen. Sizzlers is the nearest breakfast over the car park and is good, however Golden Corral is best for breakfast/dinner buffet, more choice. We had breakfast every day there and tried it one night for dinner and lunch on last day. Recommend Olive Garden near hotel which had great salads, pasta, breadsticks, meat, fruit juice drinks, there was so much food I had to take away my bolognese! Sadly the Ming Court wasn't as good, the most expensive and service non existent, borderline rude. The food itself was served to the individual and not as requested on plates for us all to share. My dim sum was very nice and the childs meal was well presented though! As we had big breakfasts each day, we didn't eat at Disney at all (only ice creams, coffee and cold drinks!), then we had nice meal in evening on I Drive. We found food in Disney wasn't overpriced anyway.

There are 3 pools at the hotel, we had one just a min away from our room, it was nice to cool down there after a day at the parks in the evening, good size and lots of loungers to use. Our niece loved it!

Disney was 20-25 mins down the I4, so great for driving from our hotel. It was good that we could come back and have a chill out and go for dinner and then return to Disney in the evening for the fireworks. You can easily get to I4 either left or right out of the hotel.

Wifi was another great thing about this hotel, you can access it anywhere in the hotel and it was very quick. Shop at hotel is very handy but Walgreens opposite is a lot cheaper for bits you need. We brought a 24 pack of 500ml water for 4.96 dollars which was a bargain, and useful for taking to Disney and refilling at the water fountains for free!

Overall good hotel for family doing Orlando theme parks.
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 11, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
markibak
Helping Mickey

Hi,

Sounds like you had a fab time , good to here about the Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando as we are staying here aswell.

Thanks,

Mark.
markibak is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 11, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

20 minutes at the airport - WOW - more like 2 hours for us last time - way to go !
Hope you had a great time - some good info , thanks
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 11, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
NatOwls
Imagineer

Originally Posted by markibak View Post
Hi,

Sounds like you had a fab time , good to here about the Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando as we are staying here aswell.

Thanks,

Mark.
Looks like they'll be afew Dibbers staying at the Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando at the same time!
Ive only read good reviews, so were really looking forward to it !
NatOwls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 11, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
sounds like you had a great time
Old 11 Apr 11, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Sounds like you had a good time.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 11, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Cheryl P
Imagineer

Cheryl P's Reviews
Sounds like a great holiday.
I do agree... The Golden Corral breakfast is to die for!

Cheryl P is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 11, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
sounds like you had a fab time
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 11, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
thewatsons
Apprentice Imagineer

nice one
Four Corners 2014 H27
Highlands Reserve 2019 H27
thewatsons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List