Old 9 Mar 11, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Our 1st DVC Stay - LIVE - March 2011 - Day 2

This morning started off with us waking at a much more reasonable time (around 6.30am) and DH going for his first jog/run - he is hoping to take part in the Disney half marathon in October and is in the early training stages at the moment!

Breakfast was a 'snack' from SSR's Artist's Palette - Oatmeal and a Bagel for DH and a Cinnamon Pastry for me. I was NOT a happy bunny when we joined the queue - the new resort mugs had arrived... two days too late for me... DH thought that my reaction to this was incredibly funny! By the time we were at the bus stop is was 9.30am and my fascination of people watching was in full flow! My favourite this morning was a very small child (I'd say around 15 months) in trousers, jumper and a woolly hat yet her sister was in a Disney t-shirt! It was cold this morning though (the weather channel was reporting 55 degrees at around 8.30am) but we stuck to our 'brits on holiday' clothing of shorts and t-shirt for DH and t-shirt and crops for me! I was not admitting to DH that I could have done with my hoodie! The sun was due to break through by lunchtime and the high temp was predicted as 79 degrees. When the Epcot bus finally arrived it was clear that almost all the 30 or so people at the bus stop were also waiting on this one and it was already standing room when it arrived as we were joining it at it's last stop on the SSR bus route. After a few minutes I had resigned myself to not getting on but as quite a few families gave up trying to board DH and I were the last ones on! At least it was warm on the bus though and Epcot was only a short 10 minute ride away.

Arriving at the bag search at Epcot it became apparent it was going to be very busy - I had certainly never seen that many people waiting before. We got through quickly though and were soon through the gates and into a very breezy and very busy Epcot. Remeber the child in the hat in my first paragraph? Well we were next to her mum in the queue and she had the biggest bag with her and I watched in fascination as the coats and SKI GLOVES came out!

First stop was to get a fast pass for Soarin' and by the time we secured them they for between 5pm and 6pm and the time now was about 10.30am. The standby line was already at 70 minutes which is waaaay beyond my time in line limit! Tbh apart from Soarin' there was nothing else we were desperate to do and it's a good job because I don't do queueing! We really enjoy just being in the parks and taking in the atmosphere - we really have no desire to rush around doing attraction after attraction. I think this is because we have been so often and there is no longer a need to make ourselves exhausted. A holiday is just that - a bit of time out from home, work and all the things that real life send our way as well as some much needed time to enjoy each others company!

After a few minutes people watching we headed off in the general direction of World Showcase, stopping to admire some of the fantastic floral arrangements as the Flower and Garden Festival started just last week. Here are some photos from around Epcot:

There were some amazing vibrant colours and smells and it was certainly interesting. We wandered into Canada, skipped the UK (because lets be honest we live there!) and had a look around France which I have not done in years before checking in for our lunchtime ADR at Les Chefs de France. After quite a time past our ADR, we were seated in the window and greeted by our excellent server (Lavie) who was very good. I opted to have the 3 course fixed price menu and chose Frnech Onion Soup (excellent), Quiche Lorraine (nice) and salad (overdressed) followed by Creme Brulee (fantastic!) and decided to have a glass of sparkly white (can't remeber it's name - think Champagne but cheaper but not Cava! ) DH chose from the 'normal' menu and had Vegetable Lasagne (excellent) and Creme Brulee (again fantastic) but he just stuck to the coke! You are also given a small baguette which is warm with butter which although nice was very crispy! Just as desserts arrived, Chef Remy was wheeled out by his 'handler' and this was an excellent thing to see. The relationship the 'human' has with the Chef really is like he is talking to an actual person and not just a mechanical rat! They called at every table and it is certainly something not to be missed!

After lunch we carried on around the world showcase stopping to watch the juggler in Italy who was very good and drew a large crowd (and not realising at the time that I was getting a burnt arm and chest!). We don't stop in all the countries every time and for us the next stop was Germany where we browsed through the shops before continuing on around the world and deciding due to feet issues for me that it was time to head back to SSR for a rest. After leaving the very busy Epcot, we waited around 10 minutes for a bus back 'home' and after a short ride were back at the resort. We decided to hop off the bus at the 'Springs' stop and grab a cocktail at the bar by the pool - Mai Tai for me and Mojito for DH - this is the life, cocktails at 4pm on a Monday afternoon!

Heading back to the room i had a little snooze (hhmm that's what cocktails at 4pm do for me then!) and we decided to grab a counter service meal at around 7pm from Artist's Palette with me calling by the hot tub first for a leg/foot massage from the jets - the pool area was really quiet as it was pretty chilly by now! Dinner was a Toga Wrap and cookie for DH and a cup of Chilli for me and I took my half sandwich back to the room and ate it much later on when DH was fast asleep! Again, seeing the resort mugs annoyed me (I need to let this go!) and again DH just thought it was funny!

The evening finished back in our room, with DH being fast asleep by 9pm and me posting the previous days report on here and starting on this one before joining him around 10pm.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 11, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
A great day, your photos of SSR are getting me all excited. I can't believe the wait for Soarin'. Loved the bit about the super cold family! What must their luggage allowance be? Have fun x
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 11, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Lola34
Very Serious Dibber

Fab day,I love seeing what everyones wearing, we were in AK in shorts and tshirts and there was a lady in full length wool coat last time we went!
07 - Calabay Parc 08 - Calabay Parc 09 - Bridgewater @ Town Centre Crossing 09 - Westridge 11- Marbella North 12- Westridge 13- Westridge 14- Westridge 15- Calabay@Tower Lake 16- Calabay @Tower Lake 17- Calaby@Tower Lake 18- Champions Resort
Lola34 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 11, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarah & Andy
Imagineer

We had the red refillable mugs two weeks ago, are the new ones different to this?

Great read, thanks for posting.

June 2007 - POR, Oct & Nov 08 - Three weeks of POR, Feb 2011 - Winners of Money can't buy VIP competition Grand Floridian, Aug 2011 - 3 weeks AKL CL & POR, Aug 2012 3 weeks POR, Aug 2013 AK CL, Disney Dream & POR, Aug 2015 SSR and engaged, Aug 2016 Disney Magic, Aug 2017 AKL CL and OKW and our Disney Wedding
Sarah & Andy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 11, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
pudge
Imagineer

pudge's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
a lovely day at EPCOT..i would have to say that, that is one of my fav parks now... looks like the weather picked up for you whilst sipping your cocktails... mmmm a mojito LOVE IT!
[/B][COLOR="Magenta"]2006 Crescent Lakes/New Port Richey, 2008 Highlands Reserve, 2010 Cumbrian Lakes (freebie) & Rolling Hills, 2012 Highlands Reserve, 2014 Bridgewater Crossing, 2015 Rolling Hills/HRH, 2016 Dibb villa Highlands Reserve/HRH & Vegas, 2017 Rolling Hills, Xmas 2018 Rolling Hills & RPR, 2019 Highlands Reserve, 2020 Highlands Reserve canx 2021 Emerald isle fingers crossed
pudge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 11, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobsledwheels
Imagineer

Bobsledwheels's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Great day at epcot - i am looking forward to doing the showcase - we had to skip it when i first went as we didnt have long enough there and it was far too busy.

A 70 minute queue is insane! Maybe tomorrow!

Can you not get a mug seperately and use that instead? I've never stayed onsite so maybe i just don't know the rules

USA: Jan 07 10n off-site // Jan 12 5n NYC, 11n I-Drive //
Oct 14 3 wks - Honeymoon! YC // Oct 16 Orlando 14n OKW // May 17 2n Cali adv & DL // Dec 18 10n AKL

PARIS: Sept 12 3n at SL // Nov 13 4n SL // Nov 15 4n SL (cut short) // Nov 16 4n NPB
TOKYO // HONG KONG: April 16 4 Days TKDL & TKDS // May 16 1 Day HKDL
CRUISES: Oct 14 4n Bahamian // June 15 7n Norwegian inaugural // Sept 15 11n WBTA // May 17 5n West coast // May 17 7n Alaskan // Dec 18 4n Bahamian
Bobsledwheels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 11, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
cerigirl
VIP Dibber

cerigirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
The 'thing with the mugs' would annoy me too - knowing me, I would probably buy a new design one after days of seeing them and it bugging me... will you give in?

Lovely pictures by the way - enjoy your stay... and how dare you have cocktails at 4pm on a Monday as well. At 4pm (our time on Monday) I was standing in a cold play ground waiting for after school clubs to kick out!

1988 - November - Stouffer Resort
1989 - February - Caribbean Beach Resort
2007 - September - Port Orleans Riverside
2008 - November - Villa Sorrento/Boardwalk Villas
2009 - December - AKV/OKW/Beach Club Villas/Vero Beach!

2013 - December - Glenbrook/Vero Beach/AKV Kidani Village
2016 - Polynesian/Port Orleans Riverside/Saratoga Springs
2018 - December - Bahama Bay
2020 - December - Bahama Bay/Vero Beach
2021 - September - Copper Creek/Polynesian
cerigirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 11, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
LDISNEYFOX
Imagineer

A great day at Epcot. Your photos of the flower displays are lovely. Can't wait to catch the last day of the flower festival when we go May.

2012 WDW Mom's Panel Search Finalist
Sheraton Safari Jan 05 & Feb 08
Disney Port Orleans Nov 06, Jan 10, May 11, June 12, Oct 13, July 15, Aug 15, Nov 15, Feb 16, Aug 16 and Dec 17
LDISNEYFOX is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 11, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
golden james
slightly serious Dibber

I seen buzz and woody being grown in January when i did the back stage magic tour! They look great now.
golden james is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 11, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Excellent day at Epcot and great photos.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List