Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Jul 16, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

MNSSHP - Dressing up

Hi All .

We are doing MNSSHP for the first time this year (I can't wait! It's our last night!) and we want to dress up. But we are leaning more to a Halloween theme rather ran Disney.

Would this be okay? Nothing gruesome, maybe a selection costume and some mickey ears to be honest! Or a vampire/witch.

Is this okay? We are struggling with Disney costumes so hoping that he Halloween theme would be okay?
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 16, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

just make sure you follow the rules... disneyworld.disney.go/ev...lloween-party/

Costume Guidelines
Before you brew up ideas for your next disguise—review our latest list of tips.
While we encourage creativity, we also value safety and good judgement. Please take a moment to read over our latest rules and regulations:

General

Disney reserves the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that is considered inappropriate or attire that could detract from the experience of other Guests.

All Guests may dress as their favorite character, but may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.

Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.

Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.

Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.

Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into, and/or removed from, unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards.
For Guests ages 13 and under:

Costumes and some masks may be worn, as long as the mask does not cover the entire face and eyes are visible.
For Guests ages 14 and older:

Layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged and may be subject to additional security screening.

Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground. (e.g. full-length Princess dresses)

Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.

Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts, and hats are acceptable.

Acceptable accessories include: transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords, and tutus. Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.

May not wear masks of any kind.
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 16, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
It doesn't have to be Disney but it does have to be "not so scary" hence the reason people "use" Disney for their ideas. if the CM thinks that your costume will offend or scare someone then you will be refused admission. Ds who was 8/9 at the time bought a zombie costume in the Florida mall, one of those with fake blood, cuts etc - wasn't allowed in until he changed- I had to go in & buy some clothes on Mainstreet.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 16, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Ah no I'm not thinking anything like fake blood . I hate all that. It creeps me out haha.

I was thinking something like this:

Or a dress (off the floor) for a witch.

I know about all the rules etc but just wondering if we can dress up Halloween like rather than Disney. Disney is too difficult when you don't have a lot of money!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 16, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Both of those would be fine, maybe leave the face paint as it gets a bit hot & sticky, we went as minions last year- pic in my album, all bought from ebay or amazon & small enough to stick in our suitcases.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 16, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Ah now actually that's a really good idea. I did think of maybe them or Harry Potter (I love Harry Potter). But then I wondered if it would be okay to dress up as either of those as its Disney and they're universal?

Ah yes definitely not going for the face paint . Waaaay to hot lol. I struggle to wear any form of make up out there!
Old 27 Jul 16, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
Ah now actually that's a really good idea. I did think of maybe them or Harry Potter (I love Harry Potter). But then I wondered if it would be okay to dress up as either of those as its Disney and they're universal?

Ah yes definitely not going for the face paint . Waaaay to hot lol. I struggle to wear any form of make up out there!
It really doesn't need to be Disney. I have seen loads of non Disney in the past. It even doesn't matter if it's a franchise owned by Universal, Seaworld etc. etc.

As long as you stick to the previously posted rules.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 16, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
BrerVixen
Imagineer

BrerVixen's Reviews
I've been to MNSSHP a few times, I've dressed as a Zebra, Cheshire Cat, Ariel and a Pirate!

Ariel was my fave! I even braved a wig!

This year, I'm thinking about going as Br'er Fox!

Some imagination Huh?
WDW in 89,90,91,93,94,95,96,97,98,99,00,01,02,04,05,07,09,11,13,14,16
DLP in 99,00,08
Next Trip: Disney's All Star Sports September 2019
BrerVixen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 16, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Thank you . Will chat to OH about it this weekend and see what we can do
Old 28 Jul 16, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida2009
slightly serious Dibber

This is our first year at the MNSSHP and we've decided to dress like characters but Disney bounding. I am going to be Mickey, my wife is goofy and Spiderman was as adventurous as my teenage son was going to get. We found this to be an easy comfortable way to wear normal clothes but with a Disney twist.
Florida2009 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread