Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 9 Feb 20, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Amy1989
Imagineer

How does it work

Hoping to rent for my sons bday in 2021 so when the time comes what do i do if I want to rent from someone
Amy1989 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Depends where you want to rent from. You could rent from on here if any Dibbers have points or use one of the agencies. We have used Daves before who are based in Canada I think. Great service and very efficient. You need to work out where you want to stay and for how long and then they can figure out how many points you need. That will then work out the cost. You need to start thinking about it about 12 months out so that the owners can book at exactly 11months to guarantee you get what you want-especially if you are going at a busy time. The owners will make the booking for you, in your name and can add DME and dinning plan for you if needed. You can do everything else on MDE when the time comes.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by AmyP1989 View Post
Hoping to rent for my sons bday in 2021 so when the time comes what do i do if I want to rent from someone
1) I would recommend trying to make your reservation as close to 11 months in as possible.
2) There are many companies that rent out DVC points for members. The only company I am aware of that lets you check availability without paying any money is DVC-Rental.com
3) You put in your request for what you are looking for. Be advised you can use a Point Calculator to see how many points each stay would be. Here is one you can use. You can plug in check in and check out dates until end of 2021. buyandselldvc/index... int-calculator
4) Points rent by the price per point typically. If points are renting for $20 per point and your stay is 200 points then it would be $4,000. That is US dollars of course.
5) If the company or person you rent from can book the reservation for you then they will put everything in your name.
6) Then you make your payment to them.

I hope that helps.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker