Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Nov 21, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

What a wonderful musical Everybody’s Talking about Jamie is, so good to be getting back into the theatre again. I hadn’t realised how much we missed it until we started going back
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
What a wonderful musical Everybody’s Talking about Jamie is, so good to be getting back into the theatre again. I hadn’t realised how much we missed it until we started going back
What is the next show you'll see? I have nothing booked till next year so far, Bedknobs again then the Diana Ross tour in the summer.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
What is the next show you'll see? I have nothing booked till next year so far, Bedknobs again then the Diana Ross tour in the summer.
One more for us this year, Beauty and the Beast on 19 December 😀 Should be lovely and Christmassy and we’re going with DD, DS and his fiancée as we’re treating them all for Christmas.

We’ve got Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe in January and I’ve just booked Waitress tickets in Bristol as a surprise Christmas gift for DD (also myself and DH) for February
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
One more for us this year, Beauty and the Beast on 19 December 😀 Should be lovely and Christmassy and we’re going with DD, DS and his fiancée as we’re treating them all for Christmas.

We’ve got Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe in January and I’ve just booked Waitress tickets in Bristol as a surprise Christmas gift for DD (also myself and DH) for February
B&B is gorgeous if you haven't seen it. I saw it in London (a very long time ago! - I think 1998 or 9) with friends, then took the family the next year. Loved it so much that when it toured a few years later I took my mum to see it too.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

B&B is gorgeous if you haven't seen it. I saw it in London (a very long time ago! - I think 1998 or 9) with friends, then took the family the next year. Loved it so much that when it toured a few years later I took my mum to see it too.
We’ve not seen it before, so it should be wonderful. Really looking forward to it.
Old 5 Dec 21, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Is everyone getting ready for Christmas now? I hope you’ve had a wonderful trip to DLP MrsBC? I saw your first day trip report and felt so happy that you were there (wished I was too)

I’ve finished all my Christmas gift shopping and started on getting the food and drink treats in too. Sadly, not been able to put my tree and decorations up yet as DH had to go to minor injuries department as he was sent home from work Wednesday in pain with his hand and wrist. Turns out he has Repetitive Strain Injury so has to rest it and isn’t able to work at the moment either. Our attic, where the boxes of decorations are, is difficult to access and there’s no way he, or I, could manage to get up there for them or lift the heavy boxes down at the moment. It’s quite sad not to be able to put the lights up yet but obviously we don’t want to risk him causing more damage to his hand. I’m enjoying looking at all the trees on the threads here for now though
Old 5 Dec 21, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

You're doing well considering you're husband's injury, hope he recovers quickly.

I've spent the afternoon putting up my Christmas Village (expands every year), it looks so pretty. 😍
The main trees are up but leaving rest of decs until I've had my birthday cards up.

First lot of presents delivered to my Cousin. I travelled up to meet them in London yesterday. Not seen them in person for 2 years so it was a lovely but long day. 3 hrs each way by train, and London was incredibly busy so I kept replacing my masks all day. Saw the lights and sights and walked 8 miles, feeling it today!
OH posted my Xmas cards this afternoon, yay!
Only other things left are wrapping presents, next delivery on Wed 😃, then third family lot for following week then finally our immediate family for Xmas Day.
Bonus, when getting my Village things out, I found the Xmas sacks for the girls that I couldn't find. 😂
I've even booked to see It's a Wonderful Life at cinema on 21st with a friend as I'll have finished for school hols. I'm hoping I'll be okay as booster jab on 15th 🤞

I'm finally getting into the Christmas spirit, lovely! 🎄🎁 😍
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Hope your hubby's wrist is better soon, or that someone else can get your Xmas things down for you
We had a lovely time at DLP, I'm cracking on with the trip report as I have another very busy but nice week this coming week. DH retires on Tuesday; DS and DiL (+ 2 mad dogs) are coming down for their pre xmas visit Tue - Thurs; and I'm catering a family buffet for 15 on the Wed night as DH doesn't want a 'proper do'; I'm out for a meal Thurs night with friends; and DH and I are going away for the weekend, into Yorkshire so not too far.
We put the decorations up last week so it was done before I went away, and I'm so glad! I've almost finished gift shopping and card writing and I've wrapped DS and family gifts for them to take home. The rest will get done the week after next I think!
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX
Old 5 Dec 21, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Is everyone getting ready for Christmas now? I hope you’ve had a wonderful trip to DLP MrsBC? I saw your first day trip report and felt so happy that you were there (wished I was too)

I’ve finished all my Christmas gift shopping and started on getting the food and drink treats in too. Sadly, not been able to put my tree and decorations up yet as DH had to go to minor injuries department as he was sent home from work Wednesday in pain with his hand and wrist. Turns out he has Repetitive Strain Injury so has to rest it and isn’t able to work at the moment either. Our attic, where the boxes of decorations are, is difficult to access and there’s no way he, or I, could manage to get up there for them or lift the heavy boxes down at the moment. It’s quite sad not to be able to put the lights up yet but obviously we don’t want to risk him causing more damage to his hand. I’m enjoying looking at all the trees on the threads here for now though
Oh no! I hope he feels better soon, and that someone can help you with your decorations!

Originally Posted by Mrs Red C View Post
You're doing well considering you're husband's injury, hope he recovers quickly.

I've spent the afternoon putting up my Christmas Village (expands every year), it looks so pretty. 😍
The main trees are up but leaving rest of decs until I've had my birthday cards up.

First lot of presents delivered to my Cousin. I travelled up to meet them in London yesterday. Not seen them in person for 2 years so it was a lovely but long day. 3 hrs each way by train, and London was incredibly busy so I kept replacing my masks all day. Saw the lights and sights and walked 8 miles, feeling it today!
OH posted my Xmas cards this afternoon, yay!
Only other things left are wrapping presents, next delivery on Wed 😃, then third family lot for following week then finally our immediate family for Xmas Day.
Bonus, when getting my Village things out, I found the Xmas sacks for the girls that I couldn't find. 😂
I've even booked to see It's a Wonderful Life at cinema on 21st with a friend as I'll have finished for school hols. I'm hoping I'll be okay as booster jab on 15th 🤞

I'm finally getting into the Christmas spirit, lovely! 🎄🎁 😍
Great that you got to spend time with family after so long. I have had my booster already was fine, just a sore arm!

Hope your hubby's wrist is better soon, or that someone else can get your Xmas things down for you
We had a lovely time at DLP, I'm cracking on with the trip report as I have another very busy but nice week this coming week. DH retires on Tuesday; DS and DiL (+ 2 mad dogs) are coming down for their pre xmas visit Tue - Thurs; and I'm catering a family buffet for 15 on the Wed night as DH doesn't want a 'proper do'; I'm out for a meal Thurs night with friends; and DH and I are going away for the weekend, into Yorkshire so not too far.
We put the decorations up last week so it was done before I went away, and I'm so glad! I've almost finished gift shopping and card writing and I've wrapped DS and family gifts for them to take home. The rest will get done the week after next I think!
Happy retirement to your DH! And good luck for your family buffet (food photos please) love a buffet!

We have our tree up, the puppy has sniffed it a bit, but no major damage YET.

Just been told very casually that DS and his GF are having Christmas dinner at her mums this year (completely understandable bit was just a bit side swiped by it!) Will be a very quiet table of just Me, DH, my mum and dad and possibly our youngest son if he is not working or in bed!

Here is my tree, rainbow style this year to cheer me up.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Love the colours on your tree!
Our main tree is still our Disney one, with glass candles from the German Xmas markets.

Edited at 07:37 PM.