Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Dec 21, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney45
slightly serious Dibber

I am also with staysure and have contacted them for clarification on this, I thought when I took out the policy everything is sorted but hearing all the problems people are having is totally putting me off them 😫
2019 dibb villa @ watersong & Hardrock Hotel
2017 Terra Verde villa & CSR
2016 Sapphire Falls & PORS
2015 All Stars Music
2014 Sol Costa Dorada, Salou
2013 POFQ
Disney45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 21, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by kermit1982 View Post
They claimed to me today they could not discuss this on chat and I needed to phone! I explained I wanted it in writing!

They would not answer yes or no.

I got like above

It’s case by case and if deemed appropriate by their medical officer. She said each case is different. So I questioned in what ways are they deemed different, if anyone tests positive we can not fly? Again kept saying it was up to medical officer,

Asked how they then decide who would be covered and who wouldn’t be to be told she can’t answer hypothetical questions.

It leaves me with little faith!

My worry is I’m paying monthly for annual policy so can I cancel?
I've been with them for years, as they're one of the only places that cover me medically so don't have a lot of choice. But have never had an issue with them. I think it depends who you chat too aswell. Last week I had a guy who was so so unhelpful, kept referring me to the online document etc, where as the lady today was much more helpful.

I'm trying to look at it, that if dh or I got covid while out there, the infected one would stay (if the insurance wouldn't cover anyone else) and the other parent would fly home with the kids. If one of the kids got it, then one of us would have to stay due to them being under 18. The other 2 would fly home. I think it's hard in a way as every circumstance is slightly different, as one person getting covid in a family of four would be different to all 4 people in one party getting it. If you get my drift? We don't go till August, but what's in writing is what matters, and the policy wording explains it enough for me. Hope you get some answers to your questions!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 21, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

This is so concerning to me- I have a rare condition and StaySure was the only insurer I could find that would cover it. I paid over £500 for annual cover and would be extremely annoyed if they delivered anything less than stellar service!
My partner paid £70 for a year’s cover with the Post Office. I wonder if they’ll sort us out if worst comes to worst…
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 21, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
glenandem
Apprentice Imagineer

weve just taken out fully comp stay sure insurance as wife said she had a choice of a basic policy or a fully inclusive policy which we took, I do wonder if some on some of the other posts ive seen especially on the 20 page post about the couple currently positive out there have the basic or fully comp package?
we sat down and reread as much of the policy last night after so many posts and the wife confused by many comments she's seen on here as it seems so many seem to think they get they're accommodation paid for while they're out there whereas we always was led to believe you pay out for everything and claim it back when you get home apart from medical which will generally run into silly money I imagine over there!
we're fairly happy and satisfied we've gone through everything and feel we'd be covered.
glenandem is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 21, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
This is from stay sure website
What’s covered with COVID-19 holiday insurance?

Time to dip your toes back in the water? When you’re ready to book your next holiday abroad, we’ve got you covered with award-winning travel insurance with Covid cover.

All new single trip and annual travel insurance policies with us include COVID-19 cover at no extra cost. We’ll even cover any pre-existing medical conditions you may have. So, if the FCDO says it’s safe to travel to your destination, you can enjoy your holiday with peace of mind.

You can also get a discount of 10% on COVID-19 test packages with our travel insurance policies.

Cancellation cover before you go
Cancellation cover protects you:

If you have COVID-19 within 14 days of travelling*
If you’re told to self-isolate by the government’s Test & Trace system
If you can’t complete your vaccine course due to other illnesses, or you have an allergic reaction to the vaccine that would stop you travelling
If your travelling companion(s), people you live with, or people you’re staying with on holiday are diagnosed with COVID-19 within 14 days of travel**
If you’re denied boarding with a positive test for COVID-19 or have a confirmed temperature above 38 degrees Celsius
If there is a hospitalisation or death of a close relative or member of your household from COVID-19
Cover during your holiday
Emergency medical expenses cover when abroad^
Repatriation cover to help you get back home^
Cover for additional accommodation and transport, if deemed necessary by our medical officer
Additional daily benefit if you are ordered to self-isolate in your holiday accommodation if you have COVID-19
Cover for cutting your trip short after hospitalisation or death of a close relative or member of your household from COVID-19
If you get COVID-19 and need help, you can be covered as long as you’ve declared your pre-existing medical conditions.

Our enhanced COVID-19 cancellation cover (above) applies to all new policies bought from 29 April 2021, as long as you’ve had your recommended COVID-19 vaccinations.

If you bought your policy before 29 April 2021, please check your policy document to see what COVID-19 cover is included.

Making a change to your policy
If you need to, you can change your single trip policy start date as long as it falls within 18 months from the date you bought your policy, or 24 months if you bought your policy from 29 April 2021, subject to age and medical acceptance†. (There may be a charge for changes to your policy.)

Find out more about how we can help if your trip is affected by coronavirus.

Know before you go
Before you travel, always check:

The Foreign Office (FCDO) say it’s safe to travel to your destination.
Your destination’s government advice, safety guidelines and entry requirements.
The travel rules for returning to England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.
Important: FCDO travel advice and travel rules issued by the government are two separate pieces of advice.
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 21, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Sounds shocking. With so many potential costs of having to stay in the USA, a company that can’t give you a straight answer to a straight question would make me go elsewhere.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 21, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Hollytigs
Imagineer

I read the £20 thing a bit differently - as if you caught Covid on day 7 of a 2 week holiday, they would pay £20 per day for the days you had to isolate in your accommodation? It does say £2000 for extended stays and I would imagine in almost all cases that would be honoured? I guess they want to leave themselves some leeway in case someone tries to fake a positive to get an extension on their holiday?

I used to work for a travel insurance company dealing with medical claims and to be honest they were very rarely turned down (except clear breaches of the policy) even when it was clear an accident was caused by alcohol (not covered) the claim would almost always go through.
Hollytigs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 21, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Hollytigs
Imagineer

I’ve also had to make a medical expenses claim with Insure and Go and a cancellation for medical reasons with Staysure and they were easy to deal with both times.
Hollytigs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 21, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
Sounds shocking. With so many potential costs of having to stay in the USA, a company that can’t give you a straight answer to a straight question would make me go elsewhere.
This and the fact that the poster on the other thread was unable to contact anyone for ages as their offices were closed would also put me off.
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 21, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
I just looked for an email to contact them so I can get something in writing
No email address
I can write to them though
Very unusual 😬😩
I have had an email from them from info@staysure.co.uk
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List