Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 9 Jan 22, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
hscx3boys
VIP Dibber

Yesterday bought $50 gift card and received the same day. So only had the one failure with the $75 dollar gift card. So mainly success rate buying the gift cards
hscx3boys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Br'er Bear View Post
You don't need to load multiply small gift card amounts onto one card when paying online. As hscx3boys states just load one card at a time and pay by Contract not Pay Full Amount.

Good luck tomorrow when you try again!
Thank you. Will try again today.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Thank you. Will try again today.
I am still having trouble. It will not recognise the gift cards, no matter which one I use. I am just going to have to phone. What joy!
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Jan View Post
I am still having trouble. It will not recognise the gift cards, no matter which one I use. I am just going to have to phone. What joy!
Sorry to hear that and just checking if this is your first time paying by gift cards!

If so then I would first suggest checking the amount that's on one of your cards which you can do by clicking Checking Balance at disneygiftcard/checkbalance
and enter the 16-digit card number without any spaces followed by the security EAN 8-digit number.

Once you establish there's an amount on a card then let us know which of the following steps isn't working for you.

First lets say it's a $100 gift card, so on the members page Annual Dues - Make a Payment select Pay by Contract then select Apply Other Amount and in the box select just $50.00. That amount should show up under Payment Summary and then scroll down to Payment Method and click Disney Gift Cards and enter the 16-digit card number without any spaces.

There is normally a message underneath in red stating Enter a valid card number until all 16-digits are entered.

Then click submit payment.

Once paid the receipt should show you paid $50 towards your dues and there's $50 remaining on the gift card.

One other thing, it is a Disney gift card which is acceptable at WDW and not a Disney Shop gift card which isn't.

And if it's still not working then good luck when you call MS.

Edited at 07:17 PM.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
I managed to get one gift card to go through. But after that, the system didn’t want to know. I wonder if that is why someone said just do one a day. I will try again tomorrow morning.
Old 10 Jan 22, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
I ordered $1500 in one order and $500 on another - called Disney to verify and came through within 5 mins. Had to pay to phone but still cheaper than the conversion rate. Dues paid off and spends for May sorted.
Old 11 Jan 22, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Everything I try isn’t working. I am beyond screaming!

I thought is would try ringing again. Got a totally different menu from yesterday and nothing that mentions Member Accounting!

Well, I have learned that I should have pressed the number for WDW, and I finally thought I had made it, until I heard that the wait time is 58 minutes.

We have decided to load up our Fairfx card, which is how we usually pay. But we can only get the first (introductory page) and absolutely nothing else.

So I got the app and successfully loaded the money on to it. Logged into DVC but now cannot access the annual dues page.

Edited at 06:03 PM.
Old 11 Jan 22, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
We watched a Channel 5 programme last night called Warship: Life at Sea in which HMS Northumberland was tasked with keeping a watch on a Russian submarine because it was feared that Russia might tamper with the undersea cables which includes internet. Sometimes today I wondered if that had now happened. 🤔
Old 11 Jan 22, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Mobile

Gosh Jan it sounds a nightmare- mine was so easy to do with multiple cards as well. Hope you get sorted.
Old 2 Feb 22, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

The pending authorisation fell off my PayPal today...29 days or so is right.
Am wondering if I should try again. Maybe a small purchase