Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 15 Jan 22, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Recent On-site stay opinions needed

I have a 9 night booking in nov. 4 nights are complimentary so the6 will be kept but I’ve paid for an extra 5 nights at AOA . So after reading more and more about the perks going i am seriously thinking of dropping the 5 nights. We don’t have the gift card or the dining as we fell outside the dates. No mde, no housekeeping ? No park to resort package transfer , no extra magic hours, dining at 60 days , genie list list goes on ……

So my question is for anyone who has stayed recently, is there any point staying onsite anymore? If I cancel the paid onsite stay will I get a refund less the £50 pp because I’ve paid in full or could I convert that to just 1 day and not loose the deposit , I’ve paid for the tickets seperate with Disney as I wasn’t tied to a dining package .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Yes, you'll be refunded minus the cancellation fee which is typically £50pp for non-flight bookings.

For me, I still love staying onsite purely for the transport. I would consider a partner resort now that the all day shuttles are back, I ruled them out for my last trip as it was a reduced morning/evening shuttle only. Although having said that, I fell in love with the Skyliner on my trip last month since I got a cabin to myself most of the time, so it would have to be a huge saving over Pop to get me to switch now.

I also like early entry, as small of a perk as it is, as I rope drop anyway and it's still useful for a slightly less crowded park first thing. Even if I mostly use it for Starbucks rather than rides. But would still get this with a partner resort.

You do still get the +10 ADR perk for dining, even though it's 60 days out. So can make a difference for hard to get ADRs. But I only make 1 or 2 ADRs anyway so it was never a big perk for me.

Housekeeping is a staffing issue, normal service should return once they have enough staff. Although I decline it either way so doesn't fuss me that it's currently limited service.

Edited at 08:25 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

I can't help but but I'm following as I'm in a similar predicament. Been twice before and stayed in a moderate with the DDP and loved all the extra benefits. Booked 14 nights at all star music 2 rooms (family of 5) for this August as it seemed the best bang for the buck under the new dining credits system. However the more I read the more Im just not sure it's worth it. Iv worked out that by switching to an off-site hotel I could save approx £1000 and potentially get a free breakfast thrown in too each morning and be within walking distance of cheaper off site restaurants. If we stay at all stars we are going to have to Uber to off site food places or pay the ever increasing Disney food prices i kind of think it makes more sense to save money stay off site and Uber to the parks!
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by natanddaz View Post
I can't help but but I'm following as I'm in a similar predicament. Been twice before and stayed in a moderate with the DDP and loved all the extra benefits. Booked 14 nights at all star music 2 rooms (family of 5) for this August as it seemed the best bang for the buck under the new dining credits system. However the more I read the more Im just not sure it's worth it. Iv worked out that by switching to an off-site hotel I could save approx £1000 and potentially get a free breakfast thrown in too each morning and be within walking distance of cheaper off site restaurants. If we stay at all stars we are going to have to Uber to off site food places or pay the ever increasing Disney food prices i kind of think it makes more sense to save money stay off site and Uber to the parks!
This is our 5th and the most indecisive I’ve been if I’m honest . We’ve done offsite totally before with a few adrs chucked in and done onsite with ddp but I’m beginning to baulk at the prices Disney are now demanding for food. Even if we had the dining credit ( we did but had to move dates due to graduation ) it still wouldn’t go far for 5 people and add in the price increase Disney have just made yet again. Like you we would need to go offsite to eat anyway and add in the parking cost ( we will have a car anyway) I would save a lot just like you .
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Yes, you'll be refunded minus the cancellation fee which is typically £50pp for non-flight bookings.

For me, I still love staying onsite purely for the transport. I would consider a partner resort now that the all day shuttles are back, I ruled them out for my last trip as it was a reduced morning/evening shuttle only. Although having said that, I fell in love with the Skyliner on my trip last month since I got a cabin to myself most of the time, so it would have to be a huge saving over Pop to get me to switch now.

I also like early entry, as small of a perk as it is, as I rope drop anyway and it's still useful for a slightly less crowded park first thing. Even if I mostly use it for Starbucks rather than rides. But would still get this with a partner resort.

You do still get the +10 ADR perk for dining, even though it's 60 days out. So can make a difference for hard to get ADRs. But I only make 1 or 2 ADRs anyway so it was never a big perk for me.

Housekeeping is a staffing issue, normal service should return once they have enough staff. Although I decline it either way so doesn't fuss me that it's currently limited service.
Do you think the £50 pp would be used against a booking if I stayed just 1 night onsite paid instead of the 5? So in effect I’m not actually losing anything just getting a partial refund
Sept 24 POFQ
Old 15 Jan 22, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Do you think the £50 pp would be used against a booking if I stayed just 1 night onsite paid instead of the 5? So in effect I’m not actually losing anything just getting a partial refund
Because you booked as hotel only, should be no issue to just reduce down the nights to whatever would cover the deposit amount as there's no minimum stay required.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Because you booked as hotel only, should be no issue to just reduce down the nights to whatever would cover the deposit amount as there's no minimum stay required.
Thank you x
Sept 24 POFQ
Old 15 Jan 22, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I could be wrong, and I’m sure someone will say if I am, but if you make a change to a booking then you won’t lose the £50 pp deposit. So, if you change your 5 night stay to a one night stay you should get a full refund minus the price of the one night stay.

You could then stay offsite cheaper for the other 4 nights. I agree that the savings by staying offsite outweigh the benefits of staying onsite now. We stayed offsite and used Uber for an Universal park stay one year and found Uber really simple and efficient and cheap to use.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List