Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Jan 22, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Jane23
Trying for More Ears

December 2022

Hello,

My husband and I are planning a trip to Disneyland from 21st-31st December 2022. We’ve done Florida many times but never California. We are aware it will be busy but are both teachers so unfortunately we just have to accept that!

Initial thoughts are to do 5 days at Disney so we can take it slowly and allow for the crowds without stressing, 1 day at Universal and then a few nights in Santa Monica before flying home.

My main concern is booking it all and then not being able to secure park reservations for the Christmas period, I’m a little unsure how that process works in Disneyland.

Any tips and advice welcome, I don’t even really know where to start!
Jane23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
bettysboop
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi Jane

I can't really offer any advise as we are also going in December (28th - 5th Jan) for the first time! I've done a bit of research and from what I can gather December books up really quickly with December just gone being fully booked some time in November. My thoughts are to buy my tickets in Sept and book my park days in straight away. We are planning 2 days in DL and 1 day in DCA and I'll be getting Genie+. I'm a pro at arranging and booking all things Florida but this is a very new experience for me too and I feel clueless! I'm sure we will muddle through together

Shelley
bettysboop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Jane23
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by bettysboop View Post
Hi Jane

I can't really offer any advise as we are also going in December (28th - 5th Jan) for the first time! I've done a bit of research and from what I can gather December books up really quickly with December just gone being fully booked some time in November. My thoughts are to buy my tickets in Sept and book my park days in straight away. We are planning 2 days in DL and 1 day in DCA and I'll be getting Genie+. I'm a pro at arranging and booking all things Florida but this is a very new experience for me too and I feel clueless! I'm sure we will muddle through together

Shelley
How exciting, very similar time to us! That's good to know with park tickets, I think we're going to book a package direct with Disney for hotel and park tickets so we should be prepared to book park reservations. I've read they release 120 days out so hopefully we'll be fine. We've decided on the Westin Anaheim Resort for when we're at Disneyland. We plan to spend a few days in LA but where to stay there is proving difficult to plan, there's just so much choice I can't decide what's best. Good luck with all of your planning, I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling clueless!
Jane23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List