Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Dec 21, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

All You Need To Know About Genie and Genie+ at Disneyland - Genie+ Update August 27

This will be the All You Need To Know About Genie and Genie+ at Disneyland California Thread.
This thread will be updated when new information becomes available

Genie, Genie+ and Individual Attraction Lightning Lane Passes are now live on The Disneyland California App. You will need to update your App, from the previous version updated on December 3 to the new update version 7.0 December 8

After the update, when you open the App, this is what you will see

Once you click DONE, the introduction message is gone and the App opens.

If you have a park ticket linked to the App and had made park reservations and restaurant reservations before December 8 , they will be automatically loaded into the new Genie system.

Genie is the free planning tool on the Disneyland App
Genie+ is a once off optional extra payment on the Disneyland App to pay for access to multiple attractions Lightning Lanes which skip the main standby lines for the entire day.
Individual Attraction Lightning Lane Passes are the optional extra once off payments on the Disneyland App for an individual attraction to the skip the main standby line.

Buying Genie+ in advance for the length of your one park per day or park hopper ticket does not get access to the park. You will need a valid park ticket and a park reservation in order to use Genie+ and buy Individual Lightning Lane passes.

You will need a Smart Phone which can access the internet in order to use Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane passes.

You will need to download the most up to date version of the Disneyland App in order to use Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane passes.

You will have a 1 hour window to return to the Lightning Lane pass return entrance. You can return at any time during this one hour window.

You scan your park ticket barcode either on your phone or the paper park ticket at the scanner at the Lightning Lane pass return entrance. When the light turns green you can enter the Lightning Lane.

Wi-Fi is available at Disneyland California but it is not park wide and there are Wi-Fi blackspots throughout the park.

In order to maximize the use of The Disneyland App and Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane passes and achieve the best value for money, it is advisable to use a data plan instead of Wi-Fi while in Disneyland.

You do not need to pay extra for Genie+ or Individual Lightning Lane passes in order to ride all the rides in Disneyland.

The standby and single rider lines are free to everyone. There are standby lines at every ride and attraction and as long as you are willing to wait for the specified time you can still ride the ride.

Single Rider lines are still open on the rides where they are available. As long as you are willing to wait for the specified time you can still ride the ride.

The main differences

1. Genie + is $20 per person per day at Disneyland California
  2. Photopass included with Genie + only
  3. Photopass is not included if you only buy Individual Attraction Lightning Lane Passes
  4. No onsite advantage for guests staying at Disneyland Hotels
  5. No 7am mad dash to buy Individual Attraction Lightning Lane Passes
  6. Individual Attraction Lightning Lane Passes are available for everyone to buy once a ticket has been scanned into a park at park opening
  7. Genie+ Lightning Lane Passes are available for everyone to buy once a ticket has been scanned into a park at park opening

What You Need To Know Free Genie

The free Genie park schedule maker is available to everyone on the Disneyland App.

To access the free schedule maker, click Get Started or View My Day.

If you have a ticket linked and a park reservation you will taken through the following steps to set up your schedule for each day

You can input your top 10 must do rides, any restaurants you are interested in, as well as entertainment and special experiences such as Droid Depot or character meets before your trip to Disneyland. The Genie system will then let you know that in x amount of days, ie on the actual day of your park reservation, Genie will be able to find the best ways to fit your top experiences into your itinerary.

Edited at 01:33 PM.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 21, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

What You Need To Know Genie +
  • Genie+ costs €20 per person per day
  • Genie+ can be bought in advance for length of trip on only one park per day single or multiple day tickets or park hopper single or multiple day tickets.
  • Genie+ can not be bought in advance for Annual Pass / Magic Key tickets
  • Genie+ first booking of Lighting Lane passes at park opening when a ticket has been scanned into a park
  • Genie+ Lightning Lane Stacking can be done
  • Genie+ Lightning Lane pass is once admittance to a specific ride per day, example Haunted Mansion. If you want to go again on Haunted Mansion, you will have to join the standby line
  • Depending on availability you can book another Genie+ Lightning Lane pass 2 hours after booking the previous Genie+ Lightning Lane pass. In theory, depending on availability, you can book your first Genie+ Lightning Lane pass at park opening 8am, then at 10am you can book another Genie+ Lightning Lane pass, depending on availability, then at 12pm you can book another Genie+ Lightning Lane pass, depending on availability.
  • If a ride goes down and you have booked a Genie+ Lightning Lane you will get an anytime pass for that ride.
  • Pay once for Genie+ and use across both Disneyland Main Park and California Adventures Park one day as long as you have a park hopper ticket and a park reservation
  • Rides in Genie+ Lighting Lane passes choose next available time
  • Genie + Lightning Lane can be cancelled
  • If the return time window has opened, you can not cancel Genie + Lightning Lane pass, a either scan it and don't ride or wait it out until next pass available
  • You don't need to buy Genie+ to buy Individual Attractions Lightning Lane passes.
EDIT - UPDATE AUGUST27 2022
  • If you have a park hopper ticket and have Genie+ you can only book Genie+ Lightning Lane in the opposite park AFTER you park hop at 1pm.
    This is a change to the original procedure. The previous procedure allowed booking of Genie+ Lightning Lane in the morning in your starting park before you hopped at 1pm to the opposite park.

List of Rides included in Genie + at Disneyland Main Park
  1. Autopia
  2. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  3. Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
  4. Haunted Mansion
  5. Indiana Jones Adventure
  6. “it’s a small world”
  7. Matterhorn Bobsleds
  8. Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
  9. Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin
  10. Space Mountain
  11. Splash Mountain
  12. Star Tours – The Adventures Continue

List of Rides included in Genie + at California Adventures Park
  1. Goofy’s Sky School
  2. Grizzly River Run
  3. Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
  4. Incredicoaster
  5. Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!
  6. Soarin’ Around the World
  7. Toy Story Midway Mania

Step By Step How To Book Genie+ Lightning Lanes

At Disneyland you can only book the next available time for the Lightning Lanes.

To book Genie+ Lightning Lanes you need to be in Tip Board Section.

You can access The Tip Board section 2 ways

1. On the App Home Screen, click the PLUS button on the bottom of the screen

This will bring up a menu

Click VIEW MY GENIE DAY AND TIP BOARD at the end of the menu

This will give you a list of all the rides in the current park you are in, in alphabetical order with the current wait times and the current Lightning Lane return time, if that ride has a Lightning Lane.

You will need to scroll through the list to find the ride that you want to book a Genie + Lightning Lane.

2. On the App Home Screen, click the location symbol button on the bottom of the screen

This will bring you to the interactive map of Disneyland. If you have location switched on, the map will automictically open at the location you are at.

Use the filter at the top to filter attractions and the map will update and show the wait times of nearby attractions.

Click on the attraction you want and the info expands and shows the wait time

Click again on this info bubble and you will go direct to the Lightning Lane booking page for that ride

Click Lightning Lane and you will get to this page, which shows the next available return time for that ride

Click CONTINUE

You will then get the confirmation page

Your Genie + Lightning Lane Booking will then automatically populate in your MY DAY section

When your return window opens, you will get a notification on your phone.

You need to click REDEEM and then you will get the redeem page, with a bar code and your ticket info

You can scan either the redeem barcode on the App or the barcode on your physical ticket at the Lightning Lane scanners.

Edited at 01:32 PM.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 21, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

What You Need To Know Individual Attractions Lightning Lane passes.
  • Individual Attraction Lightning Lane pricing will be dynamic and will be different prices on different days, depending on demand and availability.
  • Prices will range from $7 to $20 per person per ride
  • Individual Attraction Lightning Lane can be booked at park opening when a ticket has been scanned into a park
  • Both Individual Attraction Lighting Lane passes can be bought one after another
  • If a ride goes down and you have paid for an Individual Attraction Lightning Lane, you will get an anytime pass for that ride.
  • If an Individual Attraction ride that you have paid for does not restart before the park closes, the cost of that Individual Attraction will be automatically refunded to the original payment method.
  • If you have paid for an Individual Attraction and it goes down and you can not wait to see if it will restart, you can go to Guest Services and a get a refund.
  • Individual Attraction Lighting Lane passes choose next available time
  • No cancellations of Individual Attraction Lightning Lane, use it or lose it
  • You can only pay for 2 Individual Attractions Lightning Lane passes in one day. That’s across both parks i.e. you’ve paid for Radiator Springs Racers and Web Slingers at California Adventures so you can’t make a third for Rise of The Resistance in Disneyland Main Park.

List of Rides included in Individual Attractions Lightning Lane passes at Disneyland Main Park
  1. Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

List of Rides included in Individual Attractions Lightning Lane passes at California Adventures Park
  1. WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure
  2. Radiator Springs Racers

Disability Access Service At Disneyland California

The way people will get a Disability Access Service pass ( DAS) at Disneyland California is changing when Genie and Genie+ starts.

Eligible Guests visiting the parks on or after December 20, 2021 can now pre-register for DAS Advance virtually with a Cast Member, using live video chat.

You may pre-register as soon as 30 days in advance of a park visit, but no less than 2 days before arrival.

During the registration chat, you will be able to work with a Cast Member to book up to 2 one-hour return windows for select experiences—subject to availability—using the new DAS Advance planning option (in addition to the normal benefits of the DAS program).

Please note that all park visits must be within 30 to 2 days of the live chat.

For full details on using the Disability Access Service Pass see the official page on Disneyland California Website

Edited at 12:14 PM.
Old 18 Jan 22, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

We are here at the moment, we wanted to pay for an Individual selection for Rise of the Resistance today but we can’t pick the approximate time we want. Next available ride is all over the place. It’s not working for me, or could I be doing something wrong?
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 22, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
We are here at the moment, we wanted to pay for an Individual selection for Rise of the Resistance today but we can’t pick the approximate time we want. Next available ride is all over the place. It’s not working for me, or could I be doing something wrong?
At Disneyland the Individual Attraction Lightning Lanes are next available time.

At Walt Disney World you can pick the Individual Attraction Lightning Lanes times that you want. You are not doing anything wrong, you will just need to keep a watch on the return time and buy it when a return time is when you want.
Old 18 Jan 22, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
At Disneyland the Individual Attraction Lightning Lanes are next available time.

At Walt Disney World you can pick the Individual Attraction Lightning Lanes times that you want. You are not doing anything wrong, you will just need to keep a watch on the return time and buy it when a return time is when you want.
Thank you. We were looking for something starting around 2pm to 3pm, I have just seen 1:35pm so thought I am nearly there but now it has gone back to 11:55am.

It must be the Orlando version I have seen, I prefer that way!
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Malificent
Imagineer

This is fantastic information. I need to get to grips with all of this for April!
Old 26 Jan 22, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Malificent View Post
This is fantastic information. I need to get to grips with all of this for April!
I'll be in Disneyland next week, so I'll update with more info once I start using it
Old 26 Jan 22, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Malificent
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
I'll be in Disneyland next week, so I'll update with more info once I start using it
Fabulous! Are you doing a trip report? I’d love to follow along!
Old 28 Jan 22, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Malificent View Post
I was there between Christmas and New Year and walked on every ride I wanted too - no Genie required - same as Daytonababe I believe . Relax and enjoy (plan if you enjoy it but otherwise enjoy the relaxed California vibe of the parks and you will be fine if avoiding holidays )
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List