Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Jan 22, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

I struggle to find the value anymore, will wait and see what the 2023 offers are looking like but I suspect we may end up in a villa. Would be my first time staying offsite since 2006.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 22, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
£3.2k is around £230/night so I would say a moderate resort, maybe with the paid upgrade from the included QSDP to DDP depending how many people are in the room. It was £17 per adult per night to upgrade dining plans from memory.

My CSR room (cheapest moderate) was £209/night in 2019, but it was a preferred room so not the cheapest available. Just checked and the same room in the same week this year is £291/night so nearly 40% increase in 3 years. This was in February but the prices are similar to end of August.
Pete Warner was saying yesterday Pop is now $215 plus tax plus parking and he’s never seen such room price inflation in 20 years of running his travel agency
Old 18 Jan 22, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

I don't think it was ever worth it in terms of £'s... we have stayed on site 4 out of our 10 visits, and booked onsite this time... mainly because of the credit we had from cancelled holiday, and coz high car price hire (at least when we booked).

Big plus now (or our justification) is location and transport saving time and money there.

If car hire prices get back to what they were, hard to imagine staying onsite... unless DDP comes back, which isn't really great value (v's off site) but very convenient, saves time eating in parks, and good fun... maybe we'd do it as a treat once every 5 years, as staying offsite, and avoiding Disney parks, makes it as affordable as a European holiday.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 22, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Pete Warner was saying yesterday Pop is now $215 plus tax plus parking and he’s never seen such room price inflation in 20 years of running his travel agency
It's getting ridiculous. They really are seeing how far they can push the spend per guest before they see a dip in revenue.

I also looked at my last deluxe reservation (2018 at BC) out of curiosity and it ws £358/night. It's only gone up to £443/night in the same week, so 23% increase in 4 years.

Very clear message from Bob & Josh that the value crowd is no longer wanted. I still won't be surprised if they bulldoze somewhere like Pop when it's due for refurb and put in more DVC. They could sell it for silly money being on the Skyliner, same as Riviera.

Edited at 01:16 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 22, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

It's getting ridiculous. They really are seeing how far they can push the spend per guest before they see a dip in revenue.

I also looked at my last deluxe reservation (2018 at BC) out of curiosity and it ws £358/night. It's only gone up to £443/night in the same week, so 23% increase in 4 years.

Very clear message from Bob & Josh that the value crowd is no longer wanted. I still won't be surprised if they bulldoze somewhere like Pop when it's due for refurb and put in more DVC. They could sell it for silly money being on the Skyliner, same as Riviera.

I think they’ll build the next DVC just off the new path near Grand Floridian and that’s possibly why they put it in. Or Bay Lake Tower 2. But they would make lots of money of one at Pop. I do however think they do need somewhere to house the ‘lower yield guests’ as they now appear to view the value as you say (not me by the way, for years I couldn’t afford value, and stayed in the likes of Dodgy motels on 192). They can still extract lots of money out of them instead of them being offsite and they wouldn’t want to lose that, they just want the ‘value’ crowd paying even more- what moderate paid a few years ago, moderate paying deluxe, and deluxe, well, astronomical. Funny thing is $250 a night could get you a nice 5 star hotel many places.

Edited at 02:33 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
FAcup14
Getting Excited

£3.2k is around £230/night so I would say a moderate resort, maybe with the paid upgrade from the included QSDP to DDP depending how many people are in the room. It was £17 per adult per night to upgrade dining plans from memory.

My CSR room (cheapest moderate) was £209/night in 2019, but it was a preferred room so not the cheapest available. Just checked and the same room in the same week this year is £291/night so nearly 40% increase in 3 years. This was in February but the prices are similar to end of August.
Ah i should have specified only 10 days. So i guess £320 a night. I paid £1800 for 10 days at pop 15th-25th, my food budget is £1400. Three of us 2 Ad 1 Ch(5).

Edited at 10:51 AM.
FAcup14 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FAcup14 View Post
Ah i should have specified only 10 days. So i guess £320 a night. I paid £1800 for 10 days at pop 15th-25th, my food budget is £1400. Three of us 2 Ad 1 Ch(5).
For 10 nights, that might have gotten you AKL or SSR/OKW back when they gave us good rates on those DVC cash stays, but not one of the higher deluxes.

It's food that has made the biggest difference for most families in the higher tiers, rather than the room price itself. Although they're creeping up, won't be surprised if there's a decent increase for the 2023 rates now that deluxe perks exist.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
FAcup14
Getting Excited

For 10 nights, that might have gotten you AKL or SSR/OKW back when they gave us good rates on those DVC cash stays, but not one of the higher deluxes.

It's food that has made the biggest difference for most families in the higher tiers, rather than the room price itself. Although they're creeping up, won't be surprised if there's a decent increase for the 2023 rates now that deluxe perks exist.
I'm a first timer so for me this is pretty new. I've been planning(AKA waiting for the child to get taller) for ~3 years now. So while i've not experienced what it was like before. I can see that things have changed massively.