Old 5 Jan 22, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Shame about the long delay for you. I bet you were relieved to get there. I did laugh when I saw the big lolly on IG - how funny that that she didn’t like them!
That lolly! What a waste of money

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
That sounds like such a hard travel day! You are super brave taking a 1 year old haha! My son is 22 months and I would absolutely love to go back to Florida but I just don't have the balls to do it with a toddler hahaha. Looking forward to hearing how you get on!
We did Florida when Edith was just turning 2 and it was a fabulous trip. What I wouldn't have done is take her between 2.5 & 3.5

We did find taking my MIL was very helpful!

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
So glad you have started this but what a horrendous travel day You did so well travelling with your girls though
Thanks, it was the hardest travel day we have ever had but so worth it to be back there.

Originally Posted by mick View Post
The delay made for a very long day but as you say you are there now

I’m looking forward to reading along

Joan
It really did, good job it was worth it

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Oh no what a pain in the backside. Such a long delay and a very late night check in, you all must have been shattered. I hope you had a wonderful rest of the trip and that made the travel day worth it.
The girls coped amazingly well, the adults were shattered
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Gwilspeed
slightly serious Dibber

Enjoy reading your reports. You always seem to be a trip ahead of us. We’re just about to book our 1st trip back this time with 2 kids.

How did you find the mask wearing with your eldest? Oscar will be 4 when we fly and not sure how well he will do in a mask for 8hrs.

😎
Disneyland 05, 15 / NYC,11,16 / Vegas 07,15
Gwilspeed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gwilspeed View Post
Enjoy reading your reports. You always seem to be a trip ahead of us. We’re just about to book our 1st trip back this time with 2 kids.

How did you find the mask wearing with your eldest? Oscar will be 4 when we fly and not sure how well he will do in a mask for 8hrs.

😎
I'll be honest, BA did not enforce the mask rule whatsoever so Edith didn't wear a mask in the flight. That said, I think she would have been fine as she wore it in the parks and the airport without a bother.

Thanks for reading along x
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Mobile

What a long travel day for you but you seem to have coped pretty well. Looking forward to reading along.
Old 10 Jan 22, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

So glad to see you made it Abi!
What a nightmare travel day though...bet you were all exhausted.

We're waiting until masks have gone to book our trip as no way am I making DS wear one at 4yrs old 😢
Fingers crossed for 2023, they'll be 5 (nearly 6) and 2 (nearly 3) by then! Xx
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
What a long travel day for you but you seem to have coped pretty well. Looking forward to reading along.
It was pretty painful to be honest, we were determined to get there though

Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post
So glad to see you made it Abi!
What a nightmare travel day though...bet you were all exhausted.

We're waiting until masks have gone to book our trip as no way am I making DS wear one at 4yrs old 😢
Fingers crossed for 2023, they'll be 5 (nearly 6) and 2 (nearly 3) by then! Xx
Fingers crossed. Tbh Edith coped really well, no one said anythign on the flights so she didn;t wear on then but in the parks she was happy as Larry to wear the fun print ones I bought for her.

We will be leaving it a couple of years at least until we go back. It was very busy, the lack of proper chaaracter issues was a shame and the prices just seem to high atm.
Old 13 Jan 22, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I can’t believe I’m only just reading this Abi after following along on Instagram!

I absolutely hate delays , been there done it with mine when they were little people , which the technology that’s around now was available back then to help 😂
Looking forward to reading the rest now , thanks 🙏🏻
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

So pleased to see your report Abi - I was checking IG daily for your pics when away, so lovely to see how the girls have grown and looked like an amazing trip.

So sorry to hear about your delay, I would have been so annoyed/stressed/frazzled at having to entertain the kids for even longer. Sounds like you all did so well.

You must have been so tired when you got there.

Hope the compensation means that’s the next trip paid for somewhat through ;

Off to read the rest xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Oh my goodness that delay and aircraft change would be stressful enough at the best of times… but with two littles in tow, just awful! Well done for getting through it, I’m sure knowing what you had ahead once it was over was a great incentive to trudge on through!

So excited to read about the rest of the trip, surely the only way is up from here on out!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
I can’t believe I’m only just reading this Abi after following along on Instagram!

I absolutely hate delays , been there done it with mine when they were little people , which the technology that’s around now was available back then to help 😂
Looking forward to reading the rest now , thanks 🙏🏻
Oh that travel day was just the worst The girls were both amazing really, it was really useful having Laura with us. Just a third adult to lend a hand.

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
So pleased to see your report Abi - I was checking IG daily for your pics when away, so lovely to see how the girls have grown and looked like an amazing trip.

So sorry to hear about your delay, I would have been so annoyed/stressed/frazzled at having to entertain the kids for even longer. Sounds like you all did so well.

You must have been so tired when you got there.

Hope the compensation means that’s the next trip paid for somewhat through ;

Off to read the rest xx
It was a horrific travel day! The compensation will be great if it ever comes! I've not heard good things about BA & their wait times for money!

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Oh my goodness that delay and aircraft change would be stressful enough at the best of times… but with two littles in tow, just awful! Well done for getting through it, I’m sure knowing what you had ahead once it was over was a great incentive to trudge on through!

So excited to read about the rest of the trip, surely the only way is up from here on out!
It was the worst travle day we have had by far! Everything just felt like it was against us. Defintiely worth it all in hindsight though!