Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 7 Oct 21, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile 2019 points usage - when should I expect them? Oct UY

Hi Dibbers
DVC have confined to me that my 2019 unused points will be moved over to my current use year in the first week of October - as per the international members policy due to covid.

They said this would happen by the first week in October - when do you reckon I should expect them? (Yes I know it’s only just the end of the first week just very keen to utilise)
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

If you can't see them by Monday I'd be giving them a nudge.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 05:53 AM  
Link to this Post
MrBlueSky
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
If you can't see them by Monday I'd be giving them a nudge.
We were told that we would receive our “gifted points” between 7th and 10th of October. No show yet. We will chase tomorrow if they don’t arrive in our account today.
MrBlueSky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
MrBlueSky
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Hi Dibbers
DVC have confined to me that my 2019 unused points will be moved over to my current use year in the first week of October - as per the international members policy due to covid.

They said this would happen by the first week in October - when do you reckon I should expect them? (Yes I know it’s only just the end of the first week just very keen to utilise)
Hi Sheluk,

I just phoned MS as our gifted points weren’t showing. They credited them to our account within 10 minutes. Might be worthwhile you giving them a call if you don’t have your points credited yet.
MrBlueSky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks all, still not showing. I’m in cloudy Lanzarote until tomorrow so will call them when home!
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

They’ve landed! Hurrah. Show as Riveria (which I was expecting due to where dvc allocated the ‘extra’ points from) but does this mean I can now book Riveria (albeit it direct w dvc as not showing online)?

Or just wait for 7m window to use anywhere?
Old 13 Oct 21, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
MrBlueSky
Proud to wear my Ears

They’ve landed! Hurrah. Show as Riveria (which I was expecting due to where dvc allocated the ‘extra’ points from) but does this mean I can now book Riveria (albeit it direct w dvc as not showing online)?

Great news. Congratulations. We just used ours to book a week at BWV and 4 days at Jambo in a Savannah View room.

Don't forget that these points have to be used by May31, 2022, meaning your stay has to be completed by May 31.
Old 10 Dec 21, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrBlueSky View Post
Great news. Congratulations. We just used ours to book a week at BWV and 4 days at Jambo in a Savannah View room.

Don't forget that these points have to be used by May31, 2022, meaning your stay has to be completed by May 31.
Nice choice of reservations MrBluesky, sounds like you've utilised your returned points really well.

Our 2019 and 2020 Dec UY points haven't materialised yet.
The ones that were showing (but not usable) disappeared from our dashboard on the 1st December which I see as a good sign.
I'm going to call Member services tomorrow to remind them that they promised to swap out the points so the returned ones are used for our February 2022 reservations.
I'm wondering if anyone knows if, once our points are returned; will they be bankable? ... has anyone tried?
I'll ask when I speak to them but interested to hear if other Dibbers have done it.
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 21, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

I think you can book Rivieria, and you might be able to book online - when I tried it didn't look like I could but when you get to the 'which contract' part of the booking process they appear as an option.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 21, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
Nice choice of reservations MrBluesky, sounds like you've utilised your returned points really well.

Our 2019 and 2020 Dec UY points haven't materialised yet.
The ones that were showing (but not usable) disappeared from our dashboard on the 1st December which I see as a good sign.
I'm going to call Member services tomorrow to remind them that they promised to swap out the points so the returned ones are used for our February 2022 reservations.
I'm wondering if anyone knows if, once our points are returned; will they be bankable? ... has anyone tried?
I'll ask when I speak to them but interested to hear if other Dibbers have done it.
I'm waiting for my international points from a Dec use year too. I seem to remember them telling me on the phone that it would be between the 10th-14th Dec so I'm going to give them a few more days!