Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 10 Dec 21, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
I'm waiting for my international points from a Dec use year too. I seem to remember them telling me on the phone that it would be between the 10th-14th Dec so I'm going to give them a few more days!
Thanks for replying Catlady, hmmm they told me to allow 7 to 10 days before calling to ask them to adjust the placement of the points to utilise them to our advantage.
Basically they would integrate the 192 Dec UY points into the reservations we've already made for Feb 2022, that way we wouldn't lose the ability to take advantage of the 11 month booking window and risk losing the points if Feb bookings get cancelled.
Hope that all makes sense
I'll post back if I have any joy tomorrow
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 21, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
Thanks for replying Catlady, hmmm they told me to allow 7 to 10 days before calling to ask them to adjust the placement of the points to utilise them to our advantage.
Basically they would integrate the 192 Dec UY points into the reservations we've already made for Feb 2022, that way we wouldn't lose the ability to take advantage of the 11 month booking window and risk losing the points if Feb bookings get cancelled.
Hope that all makes sense
I'll post back if I have any joy tomorrow
Oh yes please do 😁. Consistency is not member services strong point! I have until the 19th Dec to sort mine out so not quite as time sensitive as you! Hope you get it sorted tomorrow. I think there are quite a few of us with a December use year! 🤔
Old 13 Dec 21, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Oh yes please do 😁. Consistency is not member services strong point! I have until the 19th Dec to sort mine out so not quite as time sensitive as you! Hope you get it sorted tomorrow. I think there are quite a few of us with a December use year! 🤔
Sorry for delay replying catlady, have called each day and had the same response from different Cast members... each has said that Yes, they can adjust our points used for Feb 2022 visit; but we have to wait until the points are actually showing on our Dashboard.
Good Luck 🍀🍀🍀🍀 with your attempts, would you please report back when you have a positive response and I'll do the same 🤞🤞🤞
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Sorry for delay replying catlady, have called each day and had the same response from different Cast members... each has said that Yes, they can adjust our points used for Feb 2022 visit; but we have to wait until the points are actually showing on our Dashboard.
Good Luck 🍀🍀🍀🍀 with your attempts, would you please report back when you have a positive response and I'll do the same 🤞🤞🤞
Definitely will! No luck yet thought 😕
Old 15 Dec 21, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

No luck again yesterday Member services are still saying wait until I see the points on my dashboard, It's not looking good as we're now half way through December
Old 16 Dec 21, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Last night I tried the chat feature on my DVC account and finally got my Dec Use year points extended and re-allocated to our February bookings.
I spoke to Reese who said he/she could see the points had already been extended and offered to re-allocate without me asking.

Copied this from transcript of our chat:
Reese: I see that 192 Vacation Points were extended for you already.
Reese: Did you want me to move them into the February reservations?
Val: Oh I cannot see them on my dashboard
Val: Ahh yes please that would be great.
Reese: They are on the membership as transferred Vacation Points so you may not.
Reese: Sure! Give me a few minutes to get that taken care of.
Reese: Thank you for your patience, the system is a little slow right now.
Val: That's fine thsnk you Reese, it takes as long as it takes lol
Reese: Ok, so i moved everything i could around, and now you have the full 200 Vacation Point allotment for the December 2021 Use Year available. Those can be banked by July 31, 2022 if you are not traveling anymore prior to December 1 not including the February trip. I used all the extended Vacation Points, the transferred Vacation Points with a June 2021 Use Year, banked and borrowed for the 3 reservations in February.

Hope This helps you catlady and others who have been waiting for their points to appear on their accounts.
Old 16 Dec 21, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Last night I tried the chat feature on my DVC account and finally got my Dec Use year points extended and re-allocated to our February bookings.
I spoke to Reese who said he/she could see the points had already been extended and offered to re-allocate without me asking.

Copied this from transcript of our chat:
Reese: I see that 192 Vacation Points were extended for you already.
Reese: Did you want me to move them into the February reservations?
Val: Oh I cannot see them on my dashboard
Val: Ahh yes please that would be great.
Reese: They are on the membership as transferred Vacation Points so you may not.
Reese: Sure! Give me a few minutes to get that taken care of.
Reese: Thank you for your patience, the system is a little slow right now.
Val: That's fine thsnk you Reese, it takes as long as it takes lol
Reese: Ok, so i moved everything i could around, and now you have the full 200 Vacation Point allotment for the December 2021 Use Year available. Those can be banked by July 31, 2022 if you are not traveling anymore prior to December 1 not including the February trip. I used all the extended Vacation Points, the transferred Vacation Points with a June 2021 Use Year, banked and borrowed for the 3 reservations in February.

Hope This helps you catlady and others who have been waiting for their points to appear on their accounts.
Thank you so much for the information ☺. I can't see my points on my dashboard? Do you think if I messaged they will be able to still sort mine out? 🤔
Old 16 Dec 21, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Thank you so much for the information ☺. I can't see my points on my dashboard? Do you think if I messaged they will be able to still sort mine out? 🤔
Kate go in as if to do a dummy booking and I think you’ll see the points there - I’m not convinced all of mine are there but tbh I got so confused after three trips were cancelled using three years of points and four different contracts, I’m just hoping I don’t lose thousands of pounds worth at this point and can rent some.

Although looking at availability charts there is very slim pickings before end of May, and as my only option is to rent them out I’m not sure what to do? Make some bookings to try to sell? (Although what to book?) or advertise the points knowing that there is only scraps and odd days left in most accommodations?

What are you guys doing who can’t now personally use your points?
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 21, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Kate go in as if to do a dummy booking and I think you’ll see the points there - I’m not convinced all of mine are there but tbh I got so confused after three trips were cancelled using three years of points and four different contracts, I’m just hoping I don’t lose thousands of pounds worth at this point and can rent some.

Although looking at availability charts there is very slim pickings before end of May, and as my only option is to rent them out I’m not sure what to do? Make some bookings to try to sell? (Although what to book?) or advertise the points knowing that there is only scraps and odd days left in most accommodations?

What are you guys doing who can’t now personally use your points?
Thank you Amy! I'll have a play and see what I can see? Online chat doesn't seem to be active at the minute 😕.

I already have a booking in March/April which I doubt I will be able to use now! So i will probably rent them? Otherwise I think I'd be inclined to book a block of dates that might be available and try and rent them? It's difficult if not much is available? I would go with monorail resorts or Ak first, then others if they aren't available? Just my opinion and what I would do?
Old 17 Dec 21, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Thanks Amy, I did a dummy booking and our rolled over points were in there.

Managed to edit the bookings I'd already made to swap the points out so all good there.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List